Gameday Thread Friday the 13th Bills @ Lions 2nd Half

1 minute ago, fallen627 said:

You all have some strong Bills-colored glasses on. That was definitely a penalty. If someone hits Josh like that during the season, people will have pitchforks and be waiting in the parking lot after the game is over. 

I don't think it was purposeful and it was tough to avoid as Efa was falling, but technically it was a penalty.

Just now, Bangarang said:

he hit him low which you can’t do. Obvious penalty and if that happens to Josh we’d expect a flag too 

Man, I thought it was you can’t dive at the knees. This was grabbing their ankle. I’ll admit I’m wrong, but then I will say I disagree with the rule if that is the case

Just now, Bangarang said:

Basically, any hit below the waist is a safe bet at getting called these days

If it's a "hit", yeah.

But some stripes will let low tackles on the QB slide if there's not forcible contact.

I guess you just have to know your crews if you're in the Front7.

Just now, Simon said:

It's a tough rule because "forcible contact" is tied into it and that makes it very subjective.

Very true. As are many other defensive penalties. But as I know you know - as far as enforcement goes, any kind of hit that late and that low on the QB is gonna get called. I don’t agree with it either btw, but I know that gets called nowadays.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Fair is fair...that helmet to helmet is a bad call too.

Officiating has been dreadful.

Errr…. No. It was clearly helmet to helmet. That’s a good way for two guys to get a concussion.

And right on cue, the Lions player is holding his head and going into the blue tent for evaluation.

• Agree 1