Bills are on to Detroit

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OMG OMG OMG Josh Allen dressed up like he's channeling Coach McDermott.  That Hat!

image.thumb.png.c0a4d838038f6b2ed94416f5adfff24c.png

Caption: you won’t be cracking these 258 mill dollar kneecaps, losers 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OMG OMG OMG Josh Allen dressed up like he's channeling Coach McDermott.  That Hat!

image.thumb.png.c0a4d838038f6b2ed94416f5adfff24c.png

too bad we won’t see Josh play tomorrow night 

I almost bought one at Dick’sSports 

but I was too cheap to pay what they wanted 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

12 minutes ago, Process said:

It's 90 out right now in Buffalo and these guys are wearing sweaters. Wtf.

Hot as ***** in whole lot of places. So bad in my area with heat plus humidity. Heat advisory for 3rd day in a row. Took dog out and is difficult to take a breath. Was like I was having a damn asthma attack and I don't have asthma

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Geez, Dawkins looks conic (cone-shaped). 

Does NOT look "fit" and ready for football.

Looked like he was positively lumbering during his runs on the sidelines the other day, too.

C'mon Shnowman, Josh Needs You!

Didn't he just get over covid? I understand if his cardio isn't great, lol

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m sweating just looking at them. Isn’t it 100 degrees everywhere or is it just Cbus

Homecoming for Zimmer

I'm in Pittsburgh right now and it's only like 93

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Geez, Dawkins looks conic (cone-shaped). 

Does NOT look "fit" and ready for football.

Looked like he was positively lumbering during his runs on the sidelines the other day, too.

C'mon Shnowman, Josh Needs You!

Fear not Hap

60f755a9604bd.image.jpg?resize=400,600

• Like (+1) 1

So, I am like 25 minutes out of the Windsor Detroit Border and can't cross to see the game 😠 Sort of glad Josh is sitting this one out. I feel like some Lions will be

out going extra hard to show their new coach something. 

But we have had crazy weather the past 2 nights here! Hot , Humid, crazy storms, winds knocking off some families roofs..

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

U go Gugs!!

They're sold out.  Of course.

But I said I'd get that Kiko jersey come hell or high water and I did.  So I'll get one of these hats if it kills me.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Dan Campbell after realizing Goff is absolutely terrible without McVay and he has a contract with over $100 Million guaranteed

VacantSingleDassie-max-1mb.gif

Saw article he gets an 80oz coffee every single morning on way to office. Seems like an unhealthy amount lol

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I wouldn’t play Tre at all this preseason either. 

Yup. I wouldn't play any of the main guys that you already know what they bring. Only the ones that are competing for positions and ones that need to see more of. And obviously rookies.

2 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Dan Campbell on his way to the stadium

biggulphuge.jpg?resize=233,300&ssl=1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Plus espresso!

Yeah man, it stated that some ppl were getting concerned about his heath and all because he drinks so much of it. Don't know if you or anyone else may have came across it, but I will try and find it to post

So, seriously.....as far as learnings

....as far as facing Detroit, found this coverage.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/08/ask-kyle-whos-trending-up-in-lions-camp-and-whos-not.html

Lions are taking great pride in their 2019 1st round pick TE TJ Hockenson (6'5" 247) and new-to-them 34 yr old TE Darren Fells (6'7", 270 lbs).  Word is it that the TE group is looking the best in camp, next to their OL.  

Hockenson might be having the best summer of anyone in Allen Park, and has been Jared Goff’s No. 1 target in the passing game. He was a Pro Bowler last year with Kenny Golladay, Marvin Jones and Danny Amendola on the field, and he might catch 1,000 footballs now that all those guys have moved on.

Don’t underestimate Fells either, a really good blocker who has sure hands when he’s involved in the passing game. He’s a massive target too.

Which wide receiver has look the best in camp? --

A: Well tight end T.J. Hockenson has been the best target in camp, and it’s not close. He’s so big and runs so well that he’s just a nightmare matchup for the defense, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him lead Detroit in targets this season.

But as far as wide receivers go, Tyrell Williams will probably be the No. 1. He’s certainly the best deep threat in camp. But snap to snap, Amon-Ra St. Brown has been the more consistent target. He’s a physical, hard-nosed receiver, and I think that will fit well in this offense, which is going to run the ball a lot and pepper the football into the short and intermediate areas of the field. The Lions have also been impressed with his handle on the slot for such a young guy, understanding what defenses are trying to do and exploit the empty spaces.

Betting on a rookie is always a perilous endeavor, and a 112th overall pick at that. But St. Brown hasn’t looked like a 112th overall pick in camp.

Sounds like this game will be a good opportunity for the Bills defense to test out their ideas for how to counter a run-heavy team that relies on short and intermediate passes to a big TE and slot, and a deep threat passing game, and see how some of their new players handle it.

On Jared Goff:

Q: Now that you’ve seen Goff in action, what are your expectations for him and the team this season? -- @stannahmontana1

A: He’s not Matthew Stafford, that’s for sure. This is my ninth training camp in Allen Park, and I’m just so used to seeing consistent quarterback play all over the field in the summer. That hasn’t been the case with Goff.

Make no mistake, he throws a pretty ball. He has good arm strength and mechanics too. It’s easy to see why he once was the No. 1 overall pick. But he also makes more mistakes than Stafford did, and definitely doesn’t push the ball down the field like Stafford did.

That said, Jared Goff also doesn’t have Matthew Stafford’s receivers either. (...) The downgrade at receiver is impossible to miss. (.....) Goff just hasn’t had many open guys to throw to down the field. It’s not all on him.