Josh Allen: Contract extended through 2028

eball

1 minute ago, snowbelt_subie said:

i mean i hope not but josh is 0-2 baker is 0-2 and lamar is 0-3 .  its a thing until it isn't. 

Well today is a great day in Buffalo Bills history.  If you want to dwell on things like that by all means continue.

I will let it go.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

who'd Josh beat in the Ravens playoff game last year again?

where talking about the young guns record against mahomes not head to head.  i mean he lit it up against the ravens for 10 points so i don't think i would focus on that game.

• Disagree 1

35 minutes ago, snowbelt_subie said:

All 3 young qbs will get paid they will all be similar deals.   let the chips fall where they may over the next 5 years.  i am sure they will all beat each other at some point will any beat mahomes?    who knows

Brady did, is he better than Mahomes right now?

• Agree 1

CONGRATULATIONS JOSH, YOU EARNED IT!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS BEANE, YOU DID A GREAT TEAM DEAL TOO!!!!

What a great damn day!  I had given up hope it would happen before the season began with the deadline looming.  I was never worried Josh was going anywhere, but I just wanted this to be a non story during the season and also knew signing now would be a much better contract for the team than a year from now when Josh is the reigning NFL MVP and the reigning Super Bowl MVP!  

I love this deal so much!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I have been to a couple different raven boards.. everyone thinks Lamar Jackson is worth 3+ mil more then Allen. That being said everyone agrees... they wish they signed Jackson first

Raven fans are free to think as they will. Lamar is a very talented and dangerous QB, but he requires a specific system that caters to his unique skill set. Josh is a generational talent that would be able to flourish in literally any offensive scheme.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Boxcar said:

I am very, very curious to see what Lamar gets. A lot of Ravens fans think he's a better QB, so will he get more than Josh? Because that would be hilarious.

doesn't matter what Ravens fans think - that's not what dictates what Lamar may get. 

9 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Raven fans are free to think as they will. Lamar is a very talented and dangerous QB, but he requires a specific system that caters to his unique skill set. Josh is a generational talent that would be able to flourish in literally any offensive scheme.

Lamar has more wins and an MVP under his belt he can get anywhere from 40 mil to above pat mahomes money.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Happy they got him locked-up. Not happy about the cost.  I’ll wait to see the details. 

I'm sure Beane and Co. didn't just pull a number out of the air...they appear to be very organized with ever present eye on the future.  I'm sure they know what they are doing.

21 minutes ago, snowbelt_subie said:

Lamar has more wins and an MVP under his belt he can get anywhere from 40 mil to above pat mahomes money.

My two favorite parts of this comment:

1.) Citing "wins" as a meaningful QB stat.
2.) The insinuation that Lamar could or should get paid more than Patrick Mahomes

p.s. Josh's 2020 season was arguably better than Lamar Jackson's 2019 MVP season.
p.p.s...

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1