Which "under the radar" type player is having the best camp so far.....???(other than Kumerow)

The little info we do know and have read from TC threads and those that attended other day, which player do you think is having a very good or the best camp so far?? I guess I'd  say AJ Espensa has been doing well it seems. Who else do you think has been standing out that could create some tough decisions moving forward?

All we have to go on is what the reporters tell us, so who knows.  

As for Kumerow, I don't get it.  The guy sounds so good, but he keeps getting released.  He bounced around before the Packers got him and liked him a lot and cut him.  The Bills had him and liked him and cut him last season, just before Christmas. Holy Toledo.  Then New Orleans grabbed him.  And then they let him go too.  And after getting cut by the Bills right before Christmas, he CAME BACK.  

This is the life, I suppose, for a talented athlete who isn't quite elite.  But in his case, he seems to stay right on that knife's edge for years and years.  

My prediction is that the Bills will showcase him in preseason, and then trade him to a team in need of a good solid receiver.  Note, though, that if the Bills do that, he probably won't be coming back again.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

As for Kumerow, I don't get it.  The guy sounds so good, but he keeps getting released.  He bounced around before the Packers got him and liked him a lot and cut him.  The Bills had him and liked him and cut him last season, just before Christmas. Holy Toledo.  Then New Orleans grabbed him.  And then they let him go too.  And after getting cut by the Bills right before Christmas, he CAME BACK.  

This is the life, I suppose, for a talented athlete who isn't quite elite.  But in his case, he seems to stay right on that knife's edge for years and years.  

My prediction is that the Bills will showcase him in preseason, and then trade him to a team in need of a good solid receiver.  Note, though, that if the Bills do that, he probably won't be coming back again.

In a way, Kumerow reminds me of Chris Hogan: a small-school WR with a lot of talent who took a few years to learn the ropes in the NFL before taking off.

As for getting released, the Bills tried to sneak him back on the PS when Smoke came back from injury, but New Orleans nabbed him.

Barring injury, Kumerow will make the 53 and be active on game days since he will be a key STs player too.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, TPS said:

In a way, Kumerow reminds me of Chris Hogan: a small-school WR with a lot of talent who took a few years to learn the ropes in the NFL before taking off.

As for getting released, the Bills tried to sneak him back on the PS when Smoke came back from injury, but New Orleans nabbed him.

Barring injury, Kumerow will make the 53 and be active on game days since he will be a key STs player too.

I like how guys like Mckenzie and Kumerow re-sign with the Bills to be part of a winner.

Being around a bunch of guys working hard having fun and winning is as contagious as the Wuhan Flu ;)

• Like (+1) 2

Old reliable: Ryan Bates. . . . In reflection, he may have been one of Beane's best moves, trade a guy who was going to get cut for an undrafted free agent late in training camp, and who has become one of your most valuable olineman.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

Old reliable: Ryan Bates. . . . In reflection, he may have been one of Beane's best moves, trade a guy who was going to get cut for an undrafted free agent late in training camp, and who has become one of your most valuable olineman.

I think Bates sticks too.  I think he can play every position on the OL or already has at some point 

• Like (+1) 1

I think Daryl Johnson can turn into a good DE, but there’s a logjam in front of him. He’s show nice burst off the edge and he has great length to boot. May get cut, but I think he will rise over time. He’s too young to give up on and he can play STs too. I think Buffalo should keep Hughes and dump out some of these older vets like Addison. Hughes, Basham, Epenesa, Rousseau, Obada and Johnson is who I would roll with.

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Utah John said:

I dont either.  Maybe hes just a charismatic, Christ looking figure that "people like."  See Mienshew, Gardner

4 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I like how guys like Mckenzie and Kumerow re-sign with the Bills to be part of a winner.

Being around a bunch of guys working hard having fun and winning is as contagious as the Wuhan Flu ;)

Milano did same thing.  Told his agent he was not interested in other teams.

• Like (+1) 1

McKenzie is still young enough to earn a better contract with another solid year in Buffalo.

If he can just repeat his success as a kicker and be a full-time returner, someone should offer him a good chunk of change next season. Though I thought he was gone this year. I bet he was offered more but not enough to leave Buffalo. I would think he wants about one million more (than Buffalo can pay him.) We sure are lucky to have him back, imho....

Very valuable fifth WR and SB winners are all about depth.

And I say this year, our sixth receiver gets over 250 yds. Daboll is going to use all his useful weapons. He even used Roberts last year and he was not that effective. The winner of Hodgins/Kumerow should be pretty good.

And we still could end up with Ertz and go.... Zach, Dawson, at TE. That sounds right to me.... Everyone would lose Knox watching everyone else.....If Knox reads the play right.

We'll see..... To me, Allen, Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Ertz, Singletary sounds totally all-pro with no holes. Yes, we could have a young Adrian Peterson to upgrade RB but Devin will do nicely.....

6 hours ago, Utah John said:

It is kind of odd...Kumerow is being talked about like he's a budding superstar, and yet he's 29 years old and has done next to nothing in the league up to this point. So what happened? I know there are a lot of talented guys who never really get a shot, but this seems hard to fathom. 

8 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Breida, I think he's going to be a bigger factor than people expect

I hope so. If so, I bet it is Daboll that knows how to use him just right (and boy, fish fans won't like that! I want Brenda to excel just for that! To piss off fish!

1 minute ago, mannc said:

It is kind of odd...Kumerow is being talked about like he's a budding superstar, and yet he's 29 years old and has done next to nothing in the league up to this point. So what happened? I know there are a lot of talented guys who never really get a shot, but this seems hard to fathom. 

It happens! Look no farther than Buffalo. Look no farther back than two seasons. So Alexander was discovered by..... Rex Ryan. The only good move he made. But man, he was good. His STs were superb but he brought it at LB equally well.

Let Buffalo be the place where older drifters find their game!

Gilleslee, DE Phillips and that karate-lacrosse- STer - WR made big in Buffalo as well recently.... All three from Miami!

Let Brenda be the fourth!

Go Bills!

2 hours ago, Craig Oi said:

What little I've heard about Wildgoose, it has been good. Sounds like to me as if he's ahead of Cam and in line to replace Taron next year.

Where'd you hear that? I'd love for it to be true but I don't remember hearing about any flashes from Wildgoose.

6 hours ago, Utah John said:

Wanted to add that I do get you about a Kumerow. While this all could be legit and the coaches are thinking Kumerow is the sixth right now it also could be largely fabricated for the Bills to get a sixth rounder from someone as the Bills wisely covet any and all draft picks. (I really liked their trade down this year to get another sixth rounder. I think Beane has learned thru self-scouting that trading up is generally unwise. You do it when your almost positive and really need that player, but that is it. Tradedown get more shots. Or stay put, You are not sure at all how other teams rank their board (very often completely different from yours). I think we're seeing that now, Beane is learning....

Football is so much fun to follow. I can't wait to see how our young players are advancing. Even Tremaine still. Is Leslie just blowing smoke about Edmunds ability to make more splash plays this year? While he definitely is young enough, it feels like he has been here forever. Then after Tremaine's  it's the 2019 draft. Ed, Cody, Knox and Devin could have super monster years for us or sort of just be there. Which is it going to be?! Then the 2020 draft and AJ! Can AJ beat his draft position? Match it? I think he is shoe in to match it, but I want him to be like a #1 pick! Can little Moss be a power back?! Can Davis keep his huge role in our offense? Does he or Sanders get more targets? (I think it goes Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Davis, in that order. Sanders is a very good WR. Then we drafted Fromm, Bass, Hodgins and Dane Jackson! That could turn out to be a great draft! Especially considering we didn't have a #1 pick or that it was Diggs! Bass seems like one of the better picks in the whole draft! What a kicker!

Finally we come to this year's draft.... Did Beane outsmart everyone? Should Groot have been drafted in the top ten? Top five?  I sure hope so! The 2021 draft was all about getting better, getting bigger, getting tougher along the lines! If we did it I see multiple Super Bpwls in our future!

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

Where'd you hear that? I'd love for it to be true but I don't remember hearing about any flashes from Wildgoose.

I haven't heard anything but I'm thinking cam isn't a great player and you really need to be a great corner to play at that size.

My thoughts on Wildgoose is that they liked his numbers: size, arm length, speed, athleticism and they think he's a comer. In essence, a nice lump of clay to mold. I think he will take time and really should be on the practice squad this year. I think we need a. Vet in that spot, behind Wallace and Jackson. Corners can thin out in a blink and I don't think we want Wildgoose in there this year. Like most fans I was very surprised we didn't take a corner by the the third round. The Bills really haven't explained this yet either. 

Wouldnt everyone freak out if the Bills ended up signing not one player, not two, but three players before the end of camp?

LOL, Ertz, a corner and a DT!

C'mon chefs, let's go!

Lets have at it!

Is there a DT available that won't budge vs. a run game?

I don't think the CB needs to be expensive necessarily. Just a good fit for solid depth.

Maybe draft someone to tryand beat out Wallace or Jackson next year.

How valuable is Taron Johnson in FA I wonder? Is he going to be another McD player that isn't seen too valuable in any defense but McD/Frazier's?  Could be. I really like him. From his rookie year on. A great fourth round pick. I hope we can keep him. I think there's a reason he immediately starts after being injured. He is easily the best we have at nickel. He's a sure starter for us. I think there's a good chance the market isn't too crazy for him. I guess that is an excellent thing about our defense, no one else plays it.  

At least, I don't think anyone plays D like us.....

15 hours ago, Utah John said:

So I went to look up Kumerow's career stats to see how many years he's actually been in the league, went to NFL.com.  According to their site he played 6 games in 2020 for New Orleans.

No wonder he's under the radar and keeps getting released, last year all the scouts were watching NO tapes to see what he can do and found nothing!!

In reality he's had one solid year in Green Bay where he played 14 games.  He's still new, was an undrafted rookie, played for a D-III team in college, with that resume it's hard for him to get enough exposure to stick.  Rodgers comments have probably done more for his career than anything and sounds like is finally getting a real shot with the Bills to show what he can do.  Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

13 hours ago, mannc said:

I wonder if Kumerow is a decoy?

Camp star but when it comes to the season someone else will be running those routes.

McKenzie and Breida, assuming he's still San Francisco Breida, give us so much speed. Loving these reports, I hope we see a ton of them.

Any word on how Gabe Davis is doing? Obviously hoping he molds into our stud #2 for years but all of this other WR talk has got me wondering if he's the odd man that slips. It's way too early for that talk, I know. 

13 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Breida, I think he's going to be a bigger factor than people expect

Second gear, shifty, and can hit the HR!

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

McKenzie and Breida, assuming he's still San Francisco Breida, give us so much speed. Loving these reports, I hope we see a ton of them.

Any word on how Gabe Davis is doing? Obviously hoping he molds into our stud #2 for years but all of this other WR talk has got me wondering if he's the odd man that slips. It's way too early for that talk, I know. 

Gabe a 4 with this WR crew, and that is a good thing.

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

Second gear, shifty, and can hit the HR!

Gabe a 4 with this WR crew, and that is a good thing.

Yeah I agree 4th right now, but strong candidate as future #2 after Sanders. Just curious if he's getting lost in the shuffle or still progressing.

13 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Gabe Davis had a good day before they left for camp.   He needed a day of targets from Josh.

18 hours ago, Nelius said:

Yeah I agree 4th right now, but strong candidate as future #2 after Sanders. Just curious if he's getting lost in the shuffle or still progressing.

Still progressing from what I understand- his number will be called upon plenty 😊