Bears interested in Isaiah McKenzie

As long as we re-sign Mckittrik we're ok they can have him.

Sigh....... had to do it as it may be the last time 😥..... will miss that dude if it happens, he beat the odds and fit in well.

• Haha (+1) 2

You guys really gotta let the Mack thing go. They offered two starters and it was probably fuller and Hicks. The two guys who actually give them cap relief and have been cut and given permission to seek a trade. As soon as Mack restructured he was never leaving this offseason. 

That said mckenzie would be a nice get for them, they employ a short pass game and enjoy using twitchy gadget kinda guys like Cohen. Given his injury last year they really missed him. Mckenzie at the very least gives them a backup for that role with receiver upside 

I don't know why we can't figure out a way to keep him....he is a valuable swiss army knife for the offense and plays a very unique role....it isn't like it would break the bank to get a deal done.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I’ll grant you the former, but you’re only guessing at the latter.

Well... You would still need a punt returner if you signed Patterson. It's a very educated guess I would say then. 

Micah Hyde can do it but that's a pretty big risk IMO. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Makes me wonder if the Bills are eyeing a player in the draft with excellent return skills. 

Bills scouts have met with several such players already, apparently.

Dazz Newsome, Jaelon Darden, and D’wayne Eskridge are some that I know of that the Bills have shown interest in.

They may well be looking to fill the returner/gadget role via cheap draft labor.

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Not Lil' Dirty!  Say it's Not So.

I don't see the Bills being able to offer him more than vet minimum, possibly even just a VSB contract without much guaranteed/bonus. 

And Chicago has been a decent, contending team.  If they make him a good offer with decent guarantees, could be good for him.

That QB situation though.....Dalton?  Foles?

image.thumb.png.1aab0ffcb7274d8406ae58589105ca05.png

😭😭😭😭

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Well... You would still need a punt returner if you signed Patterson. It's a very educated guess I would say then. 

Micah Hyde can do it but that's a pretty big risk IMO. 

Yeah I wouldn't be thrilled with him doing that again. Too valuable to risk, even though he definitely is sure handed at fielding those kicks. Would really suck if he got injured returning one.

He's just too important on D. So hopefully that won't be the case.

11 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

I hope he comes back but I also hope he gets his chance to make his money now, may be his one chance for that, pretty sure the money isn’t coming from us. 

Agree. 

McDermott stood up there and said we have full confidence that Isaiah McKenzie can play for Cole Beasley and run all Cole Beasley's routes if he can't go.  But when the cleats hit the astroturf, Cole Beasley with a broken leg and Gabe Davis with a badly sprained ankle got the nod above him.  That kinda says our confidence in him is limited and we want to open a space for a new guy to develop, IMO.

But I really like Isaiah and wanted the Bills to keep him.  I love that little punk, out there trash talking all our stars 24/7.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

Bills scouts have met with several such players already, apparently.

Dazz Newsome, Jaelon Darden, and D’wayne Eskridge are some that I know of that the Bills have shown interest in.

They may well be looking to fill the returner/gadget role via cheap draft labor.

Yeah. I think maybe even higher up in the draft. Toney and Moore. 

One thing we're missing is that lighting strike on offense. I can see the Bills trying to add that threat if they don't think Mckenzie is that guy. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2