Agholor to Pats

Just now, SirAndrew said:

For a team that had Moss, Welker, and Edelman. They sure have bad taste in the wideouts they choose to sign. 

They made Edelman and Welker.  Edelman was a college QB who they transitioned to slot receiver. Welker was a nobody before they screwed the Dolphins and picked him up as a restricted free agent.  Moss fell in their laps.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

They made Edelman and Welker.  Edelman was a college QB who they transitioned to slot receiver. Welker was a nobody before they screwed the Dolphins and picked him up as a restricted free agent.  Moss fell in their laps.

For real. They have been awful with receivers. He’s such a lady boy bit Brady did a lot with a little besides Moss.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Absolutely, but obviously the GOAT at QB does a lot to help wideouts look good. I do think that Edelman and Welker are/were genuinely good players though. Welker had a decent final season with the Fish. I don’t think he’s elite without Brady, but he was becoming good player in his right. Those were all good signings imo. Most of their other WR signings since have been abysmal. 

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not really impressed with anything they're doing. 

The Judon signing was good, but this really feels like BB is being too cute by half. I may regret saying this, but it's weird being a fan of our team and not feeling afraid of the Big Bad Bill Belichick anymore. These moves reek of panic or of trying too hard to prove he's a great coach who can still make his unorthodox moves without the GOAT.

I can't help but think if another team did what he's doing right now, 2010 Bill Belichick would be laughing at him.

Just now, SirAndrew said:

Absolutely, but obviously the GOAT at QB does a lot to help wideouts look good. I do think that Edelman and Welker are/were genuinely good players though. Welker had a decent final season with the Fish. I don’t think he’s elite without Brady, but he was becoming good player in his right. Those were all good signings imo. Most of their other WR signings since have been abysmal. 

Edelman and Welker were excellent receivers that they saw the potential in and developed into the players they became.  I give the Pats full credit for molding those two into amazing slot receivers and installing an offense that caters to their strengths.  Outside of those two the only outside threat I can recall them drafting was Deion Branch.  Moss was already a HoF caliber talent when he landed in New England after quitting on Oakland.

Since then they have had nothing but misses in identifying Wideouts in free agency or the draft.  Hogan, Sanu, Brandin Cooks, K'Neal Harry, etc.  

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I know he is a joke but he played pretty well for the Raiders last year and was a high pick. But man, the Pats suck as evaluating receivers. But he easily would have been their 1 last year. Just a garbage group. 

He really was solid last season.  Living in Vegas, I can’t stand that team nowadays.  Ended up watching most of their games and he really stood out.  I was shocked at how good he looked.  I was hoping we could get him for around 8M.

I know he is a joke but he played pretty well for the Raiders last year and was a high pick. But man, the Pats suck as evaluating receivers. But he easily would have been their 1 last year. Just a garbage group. 

He really was solid last season.  Living in Vegas, I can’t stand that team nowadays.  Ended up watching most of their games and he really stood out.  I was shocked at how good he looked.  I was hoping we could get him for around 8M.

He really was solid last season.  Living in Vegas, I can’t stand that team nowadays.  Ended up watching most of their games and he really stood out.  I was shocked at how good he looked.  I was hoping we could get him for around 8M.  Looks like the pats thought he looked amazing

He really was solid last season.  Living in Vegas, I can’t stand that team nowadays.  Ended up watching most of their games and he really stood out.  I was shocked at how good he looked.  I was hoping we could get him for around 8M.  Looks like the pats thought he looked amazing

• Like (+1) 1