Patriots reporter with Phenomenal insight post game Monday night

JerseyBills

13 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Or that watching enough film, New England want to put 10 guys on the line and leave the split outs uncovered.... that’s arrogance in itself. 

Buffalo just took advantage of it....

I Remember when the Pats made that same shift, left the outside man uncovered, and blocked the punt.  The Bills were ready for it this time.  And yes, it is arrogance on BB’s part.

"It was a stunning even when the Bills knew that they would beat us easily and decided to pull of a trick play.  Even though We pulled out a trick play the series prior because that was likely the only way we would score.  Had it not been for a horsecollar that wasn't called on our LT, they would have down right made us their B word"

I think this was more preparedness and coaching than arrogance.  Last year this same circumstances resulted in a td for the pats.  The bills learned firm it, prepared for it and then executed the plan.  It is chess against BB.   You could have taken a timeout or blocked it up.  Instead they countered which sends a message for future contests.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think it is as simple as this: If the gunner is not covered - throw to him - I don't think the Bills "called" for a fake - They are just always green lighted to execute it when the opposing team does something stupid. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TH3 said:

I think it is as simple as this: If the gunner is not covered - throw to him - I don't think the Bills "called" for a fake - They are just always green lighted to execute it when the opposing team does something stupid. 

both gunners weren’t covered.  This is a standard option that can be audible at the snap.  This wasn’t planned but done because of no assignment.  Had this been a longer 4th down they might not have done it.

1 minute ago, djp14150 said:

both gunners weren’t covered.  This is a standard option that can be audible at the snap.  This wasn’t planned but done because of no assignment.  Had this been a longer 4th down they might not have done it.

Even better. It was the Pats being arrogant on that play...not the Bills. They were like - we are rushing 10 - Bills are too chicken to throw....Bills called them on it. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Bill you shouldn’t try and block my punt, my grandmotha did that once, ONCE!

McD’s comment to BB after the game.  ONCE!

Go Bills.  

(I thought 3/12 would like that one)

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm so sick of these sports journalists lazy copy cat takes.

Inaccurate, streaky, erratic, etc

Every single one of them that is a detractor brings up Josh's bad games ( which weren't even that bad and some of it was injury and some of it was gameplan) 

But you can tell they don't even really watch the team. They said the bills receivers have been healthy all year -- if they knew who John brown was the teams leading receiver a year before -- they would know that isn't incorrect.

They said " i went back and watched their first four games" ..... ok so you didn't even watch all his games.... and then you just repeat the popular anti Allen narrative-- hes streaky 

These people if your gonna have a take at least do the homework to come to it

Edited by Sharky7337

2 hours ago, Process said:

He's being a little dramatic. They left a guy completely uncovered. 

But still hilarious.

Happens more than you think. Most of the time the punt team checks the gunners in towards the edges of the line. Ain’t like teams check into a fake every time that happens.

58 minutes ago, George C said:

they still think Allen is no good just having a decent season and its not Allen its everyone else. lol Its funny the reason Bills fans get so worked up is weve watched his development year over year we know what we are seeing. But hey keep thinking that New England we will keep taking the w's.

Edited by Whkfc

8 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

they still think Allen is no good just having a decent season and its not Allen its everyone else. lol Its funny the reason Bills fans get so worked up is weve watched his development year over year we know what we are seeing. But hey keep thinking that New England we will keep taking the w's.

Like I said, Ted Johnson and "thinking" don't go together.  He makes Smerlas sound like Einstein.

Yup. Saw this earlier elsewhere. 

I love that the Pats reporters noticed this. The Bills just had no fear.

Agree with TH3 above that it probably wasn't called, just a reaction play, but it still applies. No fear.

We constantly hear that McDermott always plays conservative, that he won't take risks. 

This shows it. When it's smart, he'll take risks. And Lorax tweeted they've been practicing that play all of last year, waiting. Love it.

Edited by Thurman#1