Cole Beasley is the absolute goods. What a signing!

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Turf Toejam 34 said:

Makes the tough yards look easy.   Can get to the second level.   Knows where the first down sticks are.    Pitch and catch with Josh are the plays sometimes.    A wonder to watch, makes me envious of teams that have had such a weapon in the past (cough, Edelman---gag).  

Edelman is a good comparison.  But Beasley is cool.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

Love this guy.  Imagine when Smoke is back for the playoffs (knock on wood).  This is a ridiculously good receiving corps.

Two years ago, Allen was throwing to Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones, and Robert Foster.  How things have changed.

A whole bunch of guys that gave up on Josh way too early........

ugh shudders of Robert Foster arguments.

Cole is amazing. He should hit 1,000 now this year easy which is awesome for an "undersized" slot guy at any point in his career. Hope he gets Pro Bowl nods which he deserves but I am skeptical, just the way it goes. I think everybody watching realizes he's a premier slot guy in the league right now. Incredible hands, incredible toughness. Incredible hair. What more could you want?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Reed was a cornerstone of Bills teams that made four consecutive Super Bowl appearances and lost them all in the early 1990s. He helped revolutionize the slot receiver position by playing in the so-called "K-Gun" no-huddle offense. Reed's 13,198 yards receiving ranked fourth when he retired following the 2000 season.Aug 2, 2014

Reed was our number 1 WR, Lofton was our #2.  #3 was Beebe.

Just because he lined up in the slot on certain packages just like Diggs does now.  Is Diggs a slot WR?  Beasley exclusively is a slot WR.

Andre Reed averaged 14 yards per reception.  

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

He did play a lot in slot buddy

In fact a lot of NFL historians call him the creation of the modern slot receiver

He lined up everywhere.  Beasley is only a slot WR.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Just because he lined up in the slot on certain packages just like Diggs does now.  Is Diggs a slot WR?  Beasley exclusively is a slot WR.

That's true 

But dre was the first guy to kill it from the slot. He was a machine inside

21 minutes ago, Nelius said:

ugh shudders of Robert Foster arguments.

Cole is amazing. He should hit 1,000 now this year easy which is awesome for an "undersized" slot guy at any point in his career. Hope he gets Pro Bowl nods which he deserves but I am skeptical, just the way it goes. I think everybody watching realizes he's a premier slot guy in the league right now. Incredible hands, incredible toughness. Incredible hair. What more could you want?

No way.  Beasley was a proven commodity when we got him but he's elevated his game.  Foster was a deep threat who flashed for like 2 games.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

There's a difference between being a #1 reciever and being in the slot. 

Reed was the #1 receiver and was the slot receiver.  Just because a receiver plays in the slot doesn't make him the #3 receiver.

Reed owned the middle of the field.  He absolutely wrecked defenses from the slot. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

No way.  Beasley was a proven commodity when we got him but he's elevated his game.  Foster was a deep threat who flashed for like 2 games.

Haha we agree I'm sure, I'm not comparing the two at all, sorry. I meant that as kind of an inside joke as in I remember arguing about how Foster wasn't good on this board before. And now we've got a God like Beasley putting in a 1,000 yard year. Really just a reflection on how far this receiving corps has come in the past couple of years, apologies for my lame humor.

• Thank you (+1) 1