We have our franchise quarterback

BuffBills51

1 minute ago, eball said:

I was sold after the preseason dart against Carolina for a TD in his rookie camp.  Talent speaks for itself, and I believed he could learn.

In seriousness, that was my moment too. I still can't believe he squeezed it between those defenders. And I was so upset about drafting him.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I think that was Josh's best game to date. He passed very well, didn't run much and so he didn't fumble. Fumblitis is Josh's last big hurdle to overcome. The inaccuracy and slow mental processing are relics of his past. This team is 3 or 4 very solid players away from being as good as any team in the league (TE, CB, Edge, DT or G).

We need a true pass rusher and a big fat NT in addition to Star.. I think you do that and our defense gets a lot more stout against the run. Our OL also needs some help.

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Think it has been clear for a while but he was great tonight.

Up to this game he was already our franchise caliber qb. But after tonight you could argue he's moving into a superstardom tier. If that hail bs wasn't completed, the Josh mvp talk would be in full gear.

• Like (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, MJS said:

And Daniel Jones. Remember that ridiculous thread this past off season? People legitimately saying Daniel Jones is better.

I've seen worse.  I remember in 2006 when some were saying JP was better than Eli Manning & I had to reply that they didn't have a clue.  

Jones, isn't that bad, certainly not the bust that some who don't watch him play have said around here, but he's way behind Josh among NFL QBs. But pretty soon,  won't they all be?   

Edited by Albany,n.y.

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I've seen worse.  I remember in 2006 when some were saying JP was better than Eli Manning & I had to reply that they didn't have a clue.  

Jones, isn't that bad, certainly not the bust that some who don't watch him play have said around here, but he's way behind Josh among NFL QBs. But pretty soon,  won't they all be?   

I have never suggested that Jones is a bust. He just seems pretty average to me.

What has ALWAYS set Allen apart, even from his rookie season, is his clutch factor, his 4th quarter and red zone play, his competitive fire, and his supreme athleticism. Jones doesn't have anything like that. He doesn't have any of those separating factors, in my opinion. Even as Allen struggled, you always knew he had those special things about him.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Think it has been clear for a while but he was great tonight.

This guy gets 11 thumbs up and wanted Rosen on draft day. In fact, said “The Bills will never live this down (picking Allen)”. Keep stroking the egos of our resident “pros”. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

We don't have a franchise QB.

We have one of the best 5-6 quarterbacks alive

This. He’s a legit top 5 guy and only getting better

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

This guy gets 11 thumbs up and wanted Rosen on draft day. In fact, said “The Bills will never live this down (picking Allen)”. Keep stroking the egos of our resident “pros”. 

I believe the phrase was ‘ruin the franchise’😂😂😂

on the other hand there were some who kinda liked the pick...

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FieldGeneral said:

He needs that win against a dominant team. He's right there at the door of stardom. Kick that door off the hinges this Sunday. 

Alot of people compare Josh to the likes of Cam, Farve or Steve Young. I think of Josh as a more athletic mobile version of Big Ben. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if he gets a couple rings like Ben.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This. He’s a legit top 5 guy and only getting better

I believe the phrase was ‘ruin the franchise’😂😂😂

on the other hand there were some who kinda liked the pick...

I guess you should have shilled for Rosen. You’d get more “likes”. 😆

• Haha (+1) 1

Rookie season:

He made the teams "top" targets Zay Jones and Robert Foster relevant.  They will never be contributors in the NFL like they were in 2018.

2nd Season:

John Brown and Cole Beasley career years.  Playoffs.  10 wins.  

3rd Season:

Diggs is the leading WR in the NFL.  Beasley is even better then last season.  Both can finish with 1000 yards.  We have zero running game (i will edit its getting better).  He is on pace for 4500 total yards and over 40 TDs.  On brink of division title.  

I think that's what development looks like.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

90% of Bills fans wanted Rosen to be the pick. If you were one of the few that preferred Allen, kudos. The rest of us are still here eating crow and loving every second of it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

90% of Bills fans wanted Rosen to be the pick. If you were one of the few that preferred Allen, kudos. The rest of us are still here eating crow and loving every second of it.

Same here, bro!

Crow with some buffalo wing sauce and blue cheese!

Edited by BillsFan619

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Up to this game he was already our franchise caliber qb. But after tonight you could argue he's moving into a superstardom tier. If that hail bs wasn't completed, the Josh mvp talk would be in full gear.

Yup the Bills would have had a 6-game Win streak

2 hours ago, BuffBills51 said:

Josh had in my opinion his best game as a pro. Primetime game and showed everything Bills fans have been waiting for for the past 20 plus year. We finally have found a quarterback that we have confidence in. Go Bills!

3CA75EE7-A0AE-4D33-AC81-62D6868B0A42.jpeg

I LOVE your thought but I think it's been evident for awhile now.

Here's another cool JA stat. He's 10-4 on the road in his last 14 games. That's really impressive!

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I believe the phrase was ‘ruin the franchise’😂😂

It wasn't. It was be the downfall of this regime. 

What I thought in April 2018 is pretty irrelevant to what I think now though. I have never hidden from being wrong on the pick.

What I love is how the game has shown down for him. He’s feeling the pressure and steps up in the pocket.  He’s seeing the whole field instead of keying on the one guy.

My favorite play was when Diggs got held to the ground and the dudes rolling out and pointing out the penalty to the refs as it happened!

All that being said, we will see clunkers from him.  He will throw an ill advised pass (or two) in a game.  Thing is, today’s Josh wins the Houston playoff game.

20 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

What I love is how the game has shown down for him. He’s feeling the pressure and steps up in the pocket.  He’s seeing the whole field instead of keying on the one guy.

My favorite play was when Diggs got held to the ground and the dudes rolling out and pointing out the penalty to the refs as it happened!

All that being said, we will see clunkers from him.  He will throw an ill advised pass (or two) in a game.  Thing is, today’s Josh wins the Houston playoff game.

Yeah his mental progress is probably the best thing this year. One of his worst plays today was probably way late in the game when he just refused to throw it away.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

Yeah his mental progress is probably the best thing this year. One of his worst plays today was probably way late in the game when he just refused to throw it away.

That was literally his only mistake. He should have gone down and taken the sack. Field position didn't matter and in reality nor did time I suppose but as a principle you always keep the clock running there. That said if that is the only thing to nitpick that is pretty darn excellent.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That was literally his only mistake. He should have gone down and taken the sack. Field position didn't matter and in reality nor did time I suppose but as a principle you always keep the clock running there. That said if that is the only thing to nitpick that is pretty darn excellent.

I was going to say it was the worst but I wasn't sure exactly what happened on the almost pick. He definitely should of just run out of bounds but to be fair that same drive of his is what gets him to make those scramble plays early on just have to take some of the bad with the good.