Your Buffalo Bills Linebackers

So my children....

At present, your Buffalo Bills linebacking corps for the Seattle Seasnakes game is:

Tremaine Edmunds

AJ Klein

Tyler Matakevich

Andre Smith

I believe Del'Shawn Phillips is eligible to come off IR this week, but I haven't seen anything about him being activated to come off IR or practicing?.  Dodson is NOT eligible to come off IR.

On the PS, we have Darron Lee and Deon Lacey

And that's it.

Snap counts vs. NE (2nd % is defensive snaps, third % is ST)

image.png.e69cc8cb0a040b4c7cda5c2022b9a706.png

Snap counts vs Jets

image.png.890dd49b85d919c3eacbec614b4a7cab.png

Snap counts vs KC

image.png.6cf20de2d097fa583b5193e6d5dcd1b6.png

The Cavalry is not coming over the hill.  Methinks we're going to see a heavy diet of AJ Klein and Tremaine Edmunds this week, and 'twill not be pretty.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I really hope this is a week 1-4 type game for the offense.  I don't think we have much of a chance to slow down the Seahawks.  Maybe need high 30s to get this one.  BUT...our offense CAN do that.  I am excited to see what the O game plan is on Sunday.

The key is can we hang onto the ball, on offense and special teams - and ideally take it away on defense.

The Seasnakes MO is to give up a shitton of yards - more than they achieve on offense actually - but they thrive on exploiting takeaways

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So my children....

At present, your Buffalo Bills linebacking corps for the Seattle Seasnakes game is:

Tremaine Edmunds

AJ Klein

Tyler Matakevich

Andre Smith

I believe Del'Shawn Phillips is eligible to come off IR this week, but I haven't seen anything about him being activated to come off IR or practicing?.  Dodson is NOT eligible to come off IR.

And that's it.

Snap counts vs Jets

Snap counts vs KC

The Cavalry is not coming over the hill.  Methinks we're going to see a heavy diet of AJ Klein and Tremaine Edmunds this week, and 'twill not be pretty.

Seems like Lee was brought in for the 6th LB spot til dodson maybe is ready.  Gives him a chance to earn a job if he plays well.

I doubt you're throwing him to the wolves with like 3 practices, but kleins been bad, and the teams gotta be pretty desperate.  Smith and Matakevich are STs, and with milano out you can promote him to active.  

Edited by dneveu

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The key is can we hang onto the ball, on offense and special teams - and ideally take it away on defense.

The Seasnakes MO is to give up a shitton of yards - more than they achieve on offense actually - but they thrive on exploiting takeaways

Good point.  Kind of like the Tenn game for us.  It was a lopsided loss but turnovers and a huge punt (or was it a kickoff) return killed us.

Before the season, I said that the lack of LB depth was the Bills' biggest concern.  Sometimes (but rarely), I don't like to be right.  We clearly have to go with the shootout strategy and see if we can outscore them.  47-45 anyone?

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Tremaine Edmunds hurts the entire team, because now instead of building offense around Allen, the FO has to use draft resources to find a MLB.  

Forget the defense, this team needs to be built like Payton Manning’s Colt defenses with the exception of the small penetrating DT’s. Replace them with 330 lb people movers and find 2 speed rushers at DE. 

Score more points than the other team and force them to pass the football then tee off on them with the pass rush.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s not as bad as some believe. I’ve said in a different post Klein has played badly but he’s also not played anywhere near his capabilities. His job is what we hate on from Edmunds in the run game. Klein needs to be around the line of scrimmage not back in coverage. Of course he needs to make the tackles he’s missed but the guy plays quite well as a blitzer and against the run game. 
The whole key similar to Kansas City is can you keep the receivers in front of you? 
Seattle is just as deadly in the deep pass game. Keep the receivers in front, pray to whatever god you believe in we stop the run, and hopefully spy Wilson a little especially on third down. And for my own personal preferences can we get a little more Siran Neal this game? We lack speed on defense and I’d like him to spy on Wilson and be the third down blitzer if Wilson doesn’t take off 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Before the season, I said that the lack of LB depth was the Bills' biggest concern.  Sometimes (but rarely), I don't like to be right.  We clearly have to go with the shootout strategy and see if we can outscore them.  47-45 anyone?

You are coming dangerously close to questioning Beane and McD on this...unfortunately, you are close to spot on and many of us agree with this as it played out in real time during the offseason.

42 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So my children....

Tremaine Edmunds

AJ Klein

Tyler Matakevich

Andre Smith

And that's it.

Snap counts vs Jets

Snap counts vs KC

That scares me.

thOSFE1JQ1.jpg

1 hour ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

If Edmunds brings his A game this week the Bills could be okay. They'll be in dime or big nickle much of the day.

I'd settle for his C+ game which he hasn't even brought that yet this year.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DQW87 said:

I'd settle for his C+ game which he hasn't even brought that yet this year.

Joe Buscaglia agrees with you

https://theathletic.com/2179996/2020/11/05/bills-film-dion-dawkins/

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Stick Edmunds in the middle and play a 5-1-5 defense?

Seattle wants to pass anyway.

Slide2

This is not the worst idea I've heard.  Variation used on a few snaps by the Bills last week 5-2-4:

image.thumb.png.b34c6f778bd99a8ecb24d99fbd308d11.png.

This would be saying substitute perhaps Dean Marlowe for an LB?  Not the worst notion I've heard.

• Like (+1) 4

Probably gonna be lots of Dime anyway, but 5 1 5 works for a nickel.  Also Darron Lee is def getting one of the 2 PS call ups this week.  They have not been shy about using those guys in games.  I suspect we see a lot of Darron Lee this week considering its more pass happy Hawks team (even though they can still run the ball).  Being variable could be a sneaky advantage in this game if we dont shoot ourselves in the foot with it.

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Tremaine Edmunds hurts the entire team, because now instead of building offense around Allen, the FO has to use draft resources to find a MLB.  

TE is their guy, I am not sure they will see straight on this issue.  His 5th year option will be picked up, even though undeserved.  Still, they dumped Watkins, so who knows.

45 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How fast can Derron Lee get up to speed?

He is a coverage LB, and could play in Milano;s slot imho.   (former mlb)  Milano should have been held out prior weeks imho, and allowed to heal.  It took Felliciano 11 weeks to heal.  We need Milano healthy for the playoffs, and I think he will be out another month at least.  Maybe come back after the bye....

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So my children....

Tremaine Edmunds

AJ Klein

Tyler Matakevich

Andre Smith

And that's it.

Snap counts vs Jets

Snap counts vs KC

That would be disastrous if Seattle had a dominant run game - if Carson is out, I think Edmunds + Klein may be enough to handle the rushing offense.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

51 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Defense won't be the issue on Sunday imo. Nobody's been able to stop Seattle. Whether we can keep up with them on offense will determine the game. 

Their defense is worse than ours. If we can't move the ball and score points there are serious problems.

Well apparently a simple zone has slowed the Bills, and Seattle gets Adams and Dunlap and maybe Snacks Harrison. 

I don't know why Bills fans are confident this offense is coming back. 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the greater key to winning this game is getting a backbreaking TO or two out of our defense.

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well apparently a simple zone has slowed the Bills, and Seattle gets Adams and Dunlap and maybe Snacks Harrison. 

I don't know why Bills fans are confident this offense is coming back. 

two words Josh Allen Stefon Diggs

ok 4 words