The Patriots are 2-3

Virgil

8 minutes ago, peterpan said:

The patriots have ALWAYS started out like this.  2-2, 3-2, 2-3.....

Look it up only a 2 or 3 seasons in the last 20 have they not.  

I believe it takes them a full 4-5 weeks before they figure of their cheating and put it into practice for that season.  Figuring out other teams tendencies and playbooks for that year....it takes 4-5 weeks. 

This is the first time since 2001 that they’ve been below .500. In addition, they have their Covid issues AND no longer have Brady. This year for them is different, hands down. 

This is the first time the Patriots have had a losing record past October 11th since 2002. 225 consecutive games above .500 after October 11th. Unbelievable...might be a streak that is unbreakable.

Edited by matter2003
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I believe it takes them a full 4-5 weeks before they figure of their cheating and put it into practice for that season.  Figuring out other teams tendencies and playbooks for that year....it takes 4-5 weeks. 

I'm not gonna look at the last 20 years.  Last year they started out 5-0.  Here are 10:

2010 4-1

2011 4-1

2012 3-2

2013 4-1

2014 3-2

2015 5-0

2016 4-1

2017 3-2

2018 3-2

2019 5-0

So I think we can say this is their worst start in >10 years, but, I wouldn't want to make deal out of 3-2 vs 2-3

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, peterpan said:

#12 is gone 

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not gonna look at the last 20 years.  Last year they started out 5-0.  Here are 10:

2010 4-1

2011 4-1

2012 3-2

2013 4-1

2014 3-2

2015 5-0

2016 4-1

2017 3-2

2018 3-2

2019 5-0

So I think we can say this is their worst start in >10 years, but, I wouldn't want to make deal out of 3-2 vs 2-3

The last time they started at 2-3 was in 2001.

Just now, Ghost_002! said:

When u been winning for 20 seasons. You live rent free in fans head. 

Those days are over.

How great would it be for the Bills to go 3-0 in their next 3 games against KC, Jets and Pats! They would have the tie breaking if it came into play against KC and three games up on NE at the halfway mark!

Gotta bring it tomorrow night.

Lets go BUFFALO!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Watch out for Miami

If the Bills cannot finish ahead of Fitz and this Miami team this year then I would be dumbfounded....

They are improving though and with plenty of picks to come I can see them being a pain next year and beyond if Tua is competent......

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I really don't have anything to add besides the title.  It just feels good to see.  They lost to the Broncos!?

Also, it does put things in perspective.  The Titans might be more of a legit team than I gave them credit for.  I also still view last week as a game where we just didn't have it.

It's been so many years of us not paying attention to winning the division, that I pay too much attention to overall W-L and what the rest of the league is doing.  We have to be better than the Pats and we are 2.5 games up on them 5 weeks into the season.

Feels good.

You don't get to the AFC championship game without being "legit."  The Titans are better than last year and will be a formidable team in the playoffs.  Throw in Pittsburgh with Rothlisberger back, KC, Baltimore, the AFC has some tough teams.  Notice I didn't include that Patsies....😆

Against common opponents we are both 2-0. It's still going to come down to us beating them in two weeks. I believe we are in the best position to beat them in a very long time but we still have to do it. As long as Allen doesn't let Belichick confuse him we should win.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

The Denver D was incredible in the 4th. Drew Lock owes them Rolex's and steaks. At the same meal. 

Yeah. Lock threw 2 really stupid INTs in the 4th quarter and still the Broncs held on. And that came after the Broncos had failed to score a TD and had to settle for 5 FGs.

I know we said this a few years ago only to have Belichick somehow fix it, but ... the Pats' O line is horrid. Just really, really Bills 2018 style bad.

The only offensive spark they showed today: a Cam scramble + 2 trick plays with Edelman throwing the ball. Just a pathetic offensive performance.

I know better than to count out a Belichick team, and they were disrupted by the COVID thing, but this is the worst a Pats team has looked in 20 years.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, HappyDays said:

Against common opponents we are both 2-0. It's still going to come down to us beating them in two weeks. I believe we are in the best position to beat them in a very long time but we still have to do it. As long as Allen doesn't let Belichick confuse him we should win.

Right we have an opportunity against the Chiefs, Seahawks and now the Broncos so yeah we still need to win but the road got easier today.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

And another thing mcdermott still hasn’t beaten them. 

Why the sad face emoji when the pats lose? Are you amongst this boards pathetic fawning crowd of pats fans? Or do you just come here as a ray of light for all to see, 😁🤣😂 nuthin but luv, even for you pats fans. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

If the Bills cannot finish ahead of Fitz and this Miami team this year then I would be dumbfounded....

They are improving though and with plenty of picks to come I can see them being a pain next year and beyond if Tua is competent......

Houston needs to start improving... Dolphins have their 1st and 2nd round pick next year..

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It was interesting, because, the way the NE/KC game went, I was worried.  Even though NE lost I kept thinking that if they had Cam in that game there's a good chance they would have won.  Perhaps that's not the case.  Either way, even with the loss to Ten last week, Buffalo looks like the clear-cut best team in that division.  Heck, even though NE beat Miami in week 1, Miami may be 2nd best.

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

Clearly they do not since this is the first time in 225 consecutive games that they are under .500 past October 11th.

Going back to 2002. Nice try tho.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Also, it does put things in perspective.  The Titans might be more of a legit team than I gave them credit for.  I also still view last week as a game where we just didn't have it.

Titans are very good. But at the same time their wins other than their blow out victory against us were by:

1 point

2 points

3 points

and 6 points in Over Time.

They could be 1-4. Or anything in between. But obviously they are legit as they've just been winning since Tannehill became the starter last season. But they are beatable just looking at how close their other games have been.