Jets cut Le'Veon Bell

The Jokeman

4 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Just sign him already. But sign some defensive talent as well. Depth is something we need as much of as we can have.

Are their any D players available who are the positional equivalent to Leveon Bell?

I'm all about adding to the D, but that doesnt mean we shouldnt/cant sign top O talent if it is out there.

I 100% think that the Bills should give him a look.  I get that he probably isn't what he used to be, but he used to be the best back in the league so some regression is to be expected.

He showed up in tremendous shape this year and honestly I thought that he handled things pretty okay during his brief time there considering that his total clown of a coach talked about not wanting him almost immediately, didn't use him well at all, then put him back on the field when he was hurt.

Green Bay has been utilizing three backs on the field at the same time while they have had injury concerns and it has really created matchup problems for defenses.  Even though is isn't the player he used to be, he could still be an excellent player if used properly.

We aren't going to pick up a defensive playmaker equivalent to Bell anytime soon so if we could add a piece to the offense that can help sustain drives and keep the defense off the field, that's a win.

Are we sure he wants to sign anywhere?   I mean he can sit out the remainder of the season and still make 19 million dollars from the Jets for doing nothing.   The guy who sat out an entire year, and lost 20 million dollars is suddenly going to want to work his butt off to make an extra 3 when he is already getting 19 for sitting at home, rapping, smoking and sleeping?

Hard pass for me on this one.  

2 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

No idea how reliable this random source is, but someone shared it with me, so I am sharing it with you. 

Say this is true, just for the sake of it. Who is the odd man out? Jones or Yeldon. McBeane love their ST aces, but Yeldon was productive when Singletary was not.

9 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Can he play DE?

Seriously... cant imagine Beane signing him but Ive been wrong plenty of times before..

I mean, if he can make our running game even mediocre and the price is right, why not?  It’s not like if you do this you can’t upgrade DE. 

Also, it’s not like some great or even average pass rusher is out there just waiting for the right deal. 

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Can he play DE?

Seriously... cant imagine Beane signing him but Ive been wrong plenty of times before..

He fits this offense like a glove.   

He’s a strong runner and a guy who we can flex out as a receiver.   

Singletary is a decent player, but not a RB1.   Moss can’t get on the field to share carries and the staff seems dead set on not playing Yeldon over an extended period of time. 

Yeldon was our best running back, last night, by far... Bell is a better version of Yeldon. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I mean, if he can make our running game even mediocre and the price is right, why not?  It’s not like if you do this you can’t upgrade DE. 

Also, it’s not like some great or even average pass rusher is out there just waiting for the right deal. 

I’m in favour of improving the team, and wouldn’t hate it... just don’t see the Bills as the highest bidder and money is important to Bell

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He fits this offense like a glove.   

He’s a strong runner and a guy who we can flex out as a receiver.   

Singletary is a decent player, but not a RB1.   Moss can’t get on the field to share carries and the staff seems dead set on not playing Yeldon over an extended period of time. 

Yeldon was our best running back, last night, by far... Bell is a better version of Yeldon. 

You mean Singletarys 2.3 YPC against the worst defensive YPC in the league is not starting caliber for your bell cow? 

Weird. To each his own I guess...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

You mean Singletarys 2.3 YPC against the worst defensive YPC in the league is not starting caliber for your bell cow? 

Weird. To each his own I guess...

Future Hall of Famer Zack Moss will have something to say about that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

https://www.nj.com/jets/2020/10/dolphins-brian-flores-hints-at-interest-in-ex-jets-running-back-leveon-bell.html?outputType=amp 

I just read something on here regarding Bell signing with us and that it was a done deal, from what I read is that his preferred destination is Miami and Flores told the media that he likes him. Also it’s known that Bell almost signed with Miami before signing with the Jets. 

thoughts?