Thank you Doug Marrone!

PJBrown7

In a way he was the 1st head coach this century to oversee the team coming back to a certain amount of respectability...   The team finished 9-7 in 2014 and for as much of a boob as Ryan turned out to be, it did attract him a high profile coach at the time.  

But yeah it seemed to all work out in the long run 👍

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

In a way he was the 1st head coach this century to oversee the team coming back to a certain amount of respectability...   The team finished 9-7 in 2014 and for as much of a boob as Ryan turned out to be, it did attract him a high profile coach at the time.  

Maroon threw everything out the window to save his job, then quit.  Set this team back years.  I still remember Orton sliding on 3rd and 1 with the playoffs on the line (aka 3rd and kitty).  

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Maroon threw everything out the window to save his job, then quit.  Set this team back years.  I still remember Orton sliding on 3rd and 1 with the playoffs on the line (aka 3rd and kitty).  

If Orton doesn't slide he gets his head taken off and the season's over anyways

People need to get over that play

• Like (+1) 1

Those two Rex teams underachieved and were maddening to watch in many ways,  but even they were better than what we had in a long time at that point.      Buffalo overall has been  better from the moment that Ralph Wilson stopped running the team.    It took Pegula a little bit to get the right fit, but  I have a feeling that McDermott is here to stay.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Yeah.  His biggest problem was that he couldn't get the QB right.  He was tinkering with it too often.  Over drafted Manuel. 

4 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

Those two Rex teams underachieved and were maddening to watch in many ways,  but even they were better than what we had in a long time to that point.      Buffalo overall has been  better from the moment that Ralph Wilson stopped running the team.    It took Pegula a little bit to get the right fit, but  I have a feeling that McDermott is here to stay.

From your mouth, to God's ears,

24 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

That was the Ryan hire.

30 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I remember Orton dropping down in the backfield rather than take a hit when a defender was rushing him rather than a take a hit in a meaningless Week 17 game versus NE.  Clearly a business decision.

34 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The butt hurt over Marrone bolting is pretty amusing.

I don't recall Marrone doing anything that set the team back years .  Didn't we also actually have a defensive unit that was pretty decent under his regime.

2 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

The butt hurt over Marrone bolting is pretty amusing.

I don't recall Marrone doing anything that set the team back years .  Didn't we also actually have a defensive unit that was pretty decent under his regime.

I think they meant the decision to pull EJ in favor of Orton.  That only makes sense if you thought there was something there with EJ, which most of us didn’t.

Marrone was apparently upset with Whaley’s trading up for Sammy Watkins.  So if anyone set the team back, it was Whaley 

16 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I remember Orton dropping down in the backfield rather than take a hit when a defender was rushing him rather than a take a hit in a meaningless Week 17 game versus NE.  Clearly a business decision.

It was against Denver when we were still alive in the playoff hunt.

24 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That was the Ryan hire.

Which happened because Maroon quit.  Don't rain on my Maroon hate parade!  :devil:

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I think they meant the decision to pull EJ in favor of Orton.  That only makes sense if you thought there was something there with EJ, which most of us didn’t.

Marrone was apparently upset with Whaley’s trading up for Sammy Watkins.  So if anyone set the team back, it was Whaley 

Makes sense.  There has been a lot of love for EJ here including claims that Marrone ruined him.    He couldn't even hang on to a roster spot for 2nd or 3rd string QB.  The fact that EJ quietly retired  last year from the NFL to do college football broadcasting despite being only in his late 20s speaks volumes.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, hemma said:

I was just thinking earlier today about Orton’s Turtling.

Our Josh makes LB’s turtle.

The most gutless play I have ever seen on the football field. One of the years i contemplated never watching a bills game again. I was on the couch with a bowl of popcorn the next draft though. Couldn't get any worse right!?