Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

If we can get to 5-0 this week it would be huge. This was one of the games I had marked on the schedule as a toss up. I believe it would cement our minimum win total as 11 and put us more in the realm of 12-13 regular season wins. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Based on professional athlete mentality and behavioral patterns...they probably feel invincible.  At least the younger group of players...any Vet Who has been through the ringer of play and life probably has a better perspective.

when you get told and treated form the age of 12ish that you are literally a Demi-God amongst sheep that starts to effect your thinking.

Painting everyone in the same brush. The NFL up to this point has done pretty well following protocol.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The defense needs to get its act in gear.  Hopefully the 4th Quarter against the Raiders was our wake-up moment.

I keep hearing the excuse that defenses "all over the league are playing terrible this year."

While this is true, the Bills are still playing at a below-average level compared to the rest of the NFL.  We may have played the Rams, but we also played the Jets.

We are 17th in the league in points allowed.

We are 18th in the league in yards allowed per pass. 

We are 16th in the league in yards allowed per rush.

6 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

The defense needs to get its act in gear.  Hopefully the 4th Quarter against the Raiders was our wake-up moment.

I keep hearing the excuse that defenses "all over the league are playing terrible this year."

While this is true, the Bills are still playing at a below-average level compared to the rest of the NFL.  We may have played the Rams, but we also played the Jets.

The Giants D did a very good job against the same Rams team that scored 4 TD's on 4 consecutive drives in BUF so the Bills D has been a disappointment this season (so far).

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

If we win this game 😳 

'If??     The Titans defense is a mess...   Jump on them now. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good news!

Edited by gordong

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

We shouldn't expect any advantage in this game. The perception of them being banged up or unprepared because of the virus could be psychologically detrimental to our team, which is already excited about the Chiefs game. This is the definition of a toss-up game.

Lol that is funny. None of that is happening though so do not worry.

1 minute ago, Keukasmallies said:

Not sure about taking the team into the Titans facility; seems like a risk of exposure to me....

I suggest you read up on the virus if you think it would sit in the stadium for a week waiting for the Bills lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So correct me if I'm wrong please, but I see the situation like this:

- We're trusting that the Tenn players and staff has not been around each other now for what, a week and a half? So they haven't been spreading it amongst themselves.

- We're trusting that the last speading event happened that same week and a half ago, so by Wed of this week the Titans should be in the clear

Therefore I don't think the Bills have any more to worry about other than the general difficulty of the whole situation.

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

We shouldn't expect any advantage in this game. The perception of them being banged up or unprepared because of the virus could be psychologically detrimental to our team, which is already excited about the Chiefs game. This is the definition of a toss-up game.

If you don't have any leadership, sure.  McDermott and our Team Captains aren't going to let the team become lax this week.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Our coaching staff would never allow this to happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Remnants of Hurricane Delta expected to hit Tennessee some time this weekend.  More 2020 mayhem.

wind and rain friday into saturday. Sunday looks beautiful. Lets hope it keeps like that or blows through even quicker.

33 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I don't think it's a "bet the farm" type of advantage, but I already expect us to be evenly matched and win this game... Them (likely) having starters out and coming from a strange week wherein communication and practice is thrown off can't hurt our chances. 

Reasons we should ROLL the Titans. 

There has been a good amount of talk about their defense being stout. I havent really seen that from them this season. Last year they were. This year, not so much. Minshew's Jags ate them up all game long, and if it werent for missed FGs/a batted INT, the Jags could have stole that game from Tennessee. Minshew threw for 350 and they ran for another 150, Titans looked slow and generated very little pass rush against an average offense. Against Minnesota, Dalvin Cook WENT OFF and had almost 200 yards rushing. This defense looks like they can be ran on pretty easily. Add to this they are missing several starters/key backups due to COVID (most likely, no clue really what the NFLs rules are). I think we will eat their lunch.

Offensively, I'm not really sure what should scare us. It took 6 field goals for them to beat a bad, sputtering Vikings team. Their offense stalled at times against a bad Jags defense. Derrick Henry is a big guy who can break tackles, so was Jacobs last week. Limit Henry, get up in the game and force Tannehill to try and beat us and I don't think they stand a chance - especially if their slot guy is out due to COVID (again, who knows?). 

We should handle business this week, unless we are looking ahead to the Chiefs, which I dont think there is any chance McD and the staff, and our locker room leaders let that happen. I was more worried about the Raiders last week and I thought we would beat them 30-13. 

Bills by double digits. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

Its the pass rush to me.  We have the highest paid (or one of the highest) DL in the league.  We should be able to generate some pressure.  Goff and Carr had a lot of time to throw.  

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

gotta stop henry. that offense runs through him.  

Seems like if they don’t have great respect for the passing game of the opponent they can do that. Frazier said the game plan vs LV was to stop Jacobs and if they allowed completions In the passing game so be it. Boom, 48 yards total for Jacobs. We will see if they employ a similar mentality this week. I think LV has a better passing offense and OL than the titans but AJ brown is expected back. 

• Like (+1) 2

Thought it would be interesting to look at the Titans V World stats.  They have played remarkably even-steven with their opponents so far.  The field goals jump right out (we all know they are winning that way at the moment).  

TITANS TEAM STATISTICS

Titans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    OPPONENTS

TOTAL FIRST DOWNS
  • 23-42-7
    FIRST DOWNS Rushing-Passing-By Penalty
    25-43-3
  • 17 / 40
    THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS
    17 / 33
  • 2 / 2
    FOURTH DOWN CONVERSIONS
    1 / 3
    TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARDS
  • 210-5.6
    OFFENSE Plays -Average Yards
    195-6.5
    TOTAL RUSHING YARDS
  • 102-3.8
    RUSHING Plays Average Yards
    86-5.8
    TOTAL PASSING YARDS
  • 70-104-1-7.8
    PASSING  -CompAtt--IntAvg
    68-105-4-7.7
    SACKS
  • 9 / 12
    FIELD GOALS
    2 / 3
    TOUCHDOWNS
  • 2-6-0-0
    TOUCHDOWNS Rushing-Passing-Returns-Defensive
    3--7-0-0
  • 30:16
    AVERAGE TIME OF POSSESSION
    29:43
  • +5
    TURNOVER RATIO
Edited by wjag
biwt
  • Thank you (+1) 3

My only concern is how well rested their team is. But I think we should be favored. But I expect it to be a close game that comes down to the wire. That's how Titans games usually are.

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

My only concern is how well rested their team is. But I think we should be favored. But I expect it to be a close game that comes down to the wire. That's how Titans games usually are.

True, but they are missing some key defensive players due to covid and haven't been able to practice in a week and a half.  I think it will be fairly close as well, but a game the Bills should win.