Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Monday night would be the earliest now without any more positive tests going forward.

Bills/Chiefs Thursday Night game I guess would have to be moved too.  

Monday night would still be pushing it. Tennessee was scheduled to be back in their facility today and now that is out. I think the Bills are about to get their bye week early.

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

Monday night would still be pushing it. Tennessee was scheduled to be back in their facility today and now that is out. I think the Bills are about to get their bye week early.

Yep I think that is what is going to happen.  I dont know what they will do with the Titans game try to play reschedule moves like did with Pitt or finally the league realizes they should have some built in catch all weeks before the playoffs.

Just now, ExWNYer said:

The league protocol requires at least two practices before the game. Last week, Vikes didn’t get in their facility until Thursday and played Sunday. This restarts the clock for the titans, but They need two consecutive days of no positives to get in. So that puts it at Friday/Saturday ... probably Monday night will be the game unless they get more 

6 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

They're going to have to reschedule this game. No way it happens on Sunday now, IMO.

there’s nowhere left to move beyond Monday/Tuesday it unless they change the whole leagues structure and even that takes moving other games 

Edited by NoSaint

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The league protocol requires at least two practices before the game. Last week, Vikes didn’t get in their facility until Thursday and played Sunday. This restarts the clock for the titans, but They need two consecutive days of no positives to get in. So that puts it at Friday/Saturday ... probably Monday night will be the game unless they get more 

So the Chiefs game will most likely be moved if no more positive tests.

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

Gonna be a miracle for the NFL to play a full season.  A miracle if they even finish the season.

They should have never tried a full slate.  Season always should have been 12 games with the last month (4 games) as weeks to flex rescheduled games into.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

At this point do any of us know how this began with the titans? Did the commit some sort of infraction which led the nfl to issue a stern letter to the league. Maybe they should have to forfeit and give us the W lol

Yes some good intel  - posted on Raiders  Covid thread 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

NFL needs to bring the hammer down on the Titans.  

The Pats news isn’t great, but we don’t know if that going to be a full blown outbreak, and they’ve got all their games in so far.  

The Titans are singlehandedly derailing the season for all other 31 teams. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

there’s nowhere left to move beyond Monday/Tuesday it unless they change the whole leagues structure and even that takes moving other games 

Points taken. Goodell gets paid $30 million per year to figure out this stuff. Figure it out.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

They should have never tried a full slate.  Season always should have been 12 games with the last month (4 games) as weeks to flex rescheduled games into.

We'll that wouldn't have mattered... They can still change it so...

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

NFL needs to bring the hammer down on the Titans.  

The Pats news isn’t great, but we don’t know if that going to be a full blown outbreak, and they’ve got all their games in so far.  

The Titans are singlehandedly derailing the season for all other 31 teams. 

Yep - way too much moving of schedule for one team. This is a complete outbreak spanning two weeks and tons of players 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep I think that is what is going to happen.  I dont know what they will do with the Titans game try to play reschedule moves like did with Pitt or finally the league realizes they should have some built in catch all weeks before the playoffs.

How do the Bills get their bye rescheduled because of this? That makes no sense. They can't reschedule the game for the Bills' bye week; the Titans are already scheduled to play every week because of the Steelers fiasco. I don't see how the Bills' scheduled bye is at risk.

I am going to bed soon in Upside Downland. Either one of two things need to have happened by the time I get up in 8 hours; these tests are false positives or the league forces Tennessee to forfeit for being cavalier #######s who treated THE BIGGEST GLOBAL EVENT SINCE WORLD WAR ***** TWO LIKE ***** BABYTOWN FROLICS. YES I MAD.

Edited by Rochesterian Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

How do the Bills get their bye rescheduled because of this? That makes no sense. They can't reschedule the game for the Bills' bye week; the Titans are already scheduled to play every week because of the Steelers fiasco. I don't see how the Bills' scheduled bye is at risk.

Because they wont play at this week.  Move the Titans into the Bills Bye, move the other games around those weeks to make it work.  The scenario has been reported.  

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Is a forfeit possible?

Sucky, but I'd take a free conference win.

I really, really don’t want a forfeit.  I honestly can’t emphasize how much I’d hate that.  

I think the Titans need to be dealt with by the league, but I’d rather add a Week 18, then get a cheap win. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1