Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

They don’t actually have to decide that now...the NFL could conceivably abandon the game and see what happens throughout the season. Of course, making a decision later could leave fans to conclude that the NFL is picking and choosing their approach to put certain teams in a better playoff position 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Maybe Mcd vs Vrabel in a game of Madden football to determine the winner? Use this time to brush up on those skills Mcd! 

Madden doesn't have Allen rated high enough for me to think it would be fair.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

Why is it so hard to play the Titans on Monday or Tuesday, then move the chiefs to Saturday or Sunday? That seems like an incredibly easy fix, as long as all other tests are negative

Because astonishingly, they are still testing positive, even when quarantined for the last week.  Whatever happened there, it was obviously bad.  To wake up this AM after two clean days is devastating to the Titans, Bills, NFL and Networks.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Because they wont play at this week.  Move the Titans into the Bills Bye, move the other games around those weeks to make it work.  The scenario has been reported.  

The Titans already had their bye. There is zero flexibility left on Tennessee's schedule. The game gets played this week, in a Week 18, or not at all.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They should forfeit until they are all healthy and able to play. Sucks but that is the logical thing to do. Can't have one team derail a season. 

It really is one team. Everyone knew there would be positive tests here or there. But this is an uncontrolled outbreak within one team. The league is investigating the reason it happened. Every other team that has had positives, has not had complete outbreaks so far. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

Don't think they can forfeit, basically because that's not fair to the Steelers. Steelers are forced to play them and Bills get a free win is really not feasible. Personally think week 18 should be added to play any games that are forced to move and can't be worked out to play during the season. I believe, back when they started the offseason, NFL said they could move the Superbowl back as far as March if they absolutely had to.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Realist said:

Don't think they can forfeit, basically because that's not fair to the Steelers. Steelers are forced to play them and Bills get a free win is really not feasible. Personally think week 18 should be added to play any games that are forced to move and can't be worked out to play during the season. I believe, back when they started the offseason, NFL said they could move the Superbowl back as far as March if they absolutely had to.

I don’t think the nfl cares about what’s fair this year. If you try to make things fair you won’t get through the season 

• Like (+1) 6

OLD but so we know what the issue reportedly was:

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the league and the NFL Players Association are investigating whether the Titans failed to follow the protocols developed jointly by the NFL and the NFLPA.

“This isn’t a failure of the protocols; it is a failure to follow the protocols,” an unnamed source told Schefter.

The investigation reportedly is focused on outside linebackers coach Shane Bowen. Per the report, Bowen “was exposed to individuals who had been exposed” to the virus. The rules require all personnel to report that they were in the presence of someone who has the virus, or to not report for work if that has occurred.

The probe also is exploring whether the Titans were diligent when it comes to wearing masks in the facility. Frankly, based on the constant images of coaches and sideline personnel failing to properly wear masks when in the presence of TV cameras during games, it should surprise no one to learn that mask irregularities have happened and will happen at most if not all team facilities.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/04/nfl-nflpa-explore-whether-titans-violated-protocols/

10 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Titans already had their bye. There is zero flexibility left on Tennessee's schedule. The game gets played this week, in a Week 18, or not at all.

Or hey pause the season and come up with a new plan

“Protocol violations that result in virus spread requiring adjustments to the schedule or otherwise impacting other teams will result in additional financial and competitive discipline including the adjustment or loss of draft choices or even the forfeit of a game,”

Goodell said in a memo sent to teams on Monday

I think, regardless of if or when this game is played, it won’t he played this weekend, and the Bills will have a bye week ahead of TNF game against the chiefs and that is decidedly a competitive advantage. Chiefs play raiders Sunday, then short prep time for Bills. Throw in a week of rest for Milano... 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Realist said:

At some point they can toss Fairness

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Am I the only one concerned that the Bills might get punished because of the McKenzie video? Am I missing something? Why were McKenzie and Barkley maskless in that video? Aren't they required to wear masks inside the facility?

They were more than 6 feet apart. 

11 minutes ago, Realist said:

This season likely won’t be “fair”.  Asterisks may apply.  

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'm sneaking in a quick vacation in Ithaca, so the game being moved or otherwise not played Sunday works in my favor. Selfishly speaking, of course (which is the U.S. native tongue).

Just as long as you aren't sneaking any communicable diseases into Ithaca, or we'll have to sacrifice you into a gorge.

• Like (+1) 1

I will be stunned if we play the Titans game anytime soon.  Way too many positive cases there.  I’d also be stunned if we don’t see positive later this week given that Hurst from the Raiders was spreading virus during the game Sunday.

I thought when this started we’d see the beginning but not the end of the season.  Hope I’m wrong but it’s heading that way

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Realist said:

This seems like the most logical approach.  Move the Super Bowl back a week and have a week 18 for all COVID impacted games that couldn’t be rescheduled during the season.  The only issue with this is some playoff teams will get an extra week rest.