Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

Huh?

A bubble would never have worked with 1500+ players and a million staff.  But there were obvious things they could have done like giving every team a 2nd bye week for more rescheduling flexibility in case of an outbreak like we're seeing right now with the Titans, or an extra week between week 17 and the playoffs for the same purpose.  If the Bills/Titans game ends up getting postponed past week 5, what do they do with it?  They already moved the titans bye week to this week.  The league was hesitant to even postpone titans/steelers until monday or tuesday when titans players first tested positive.  It just seems like they're burying their heads in the sand as much as possible, hopefully I'm misreading the situation.

Ideally, I'd like to see the Titans game get pushed back to Monday and the Chiefs game also pushed back to Sunday.  The primetime game means nothing without the fans and I'd rather have the somewhat regular rest

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 5

Next Sunday would suck if the game got cancelled. Obviously do what’s needed to keep all the players safe. But it would be a chance for the Bills to take on a team missing several important players. And they’re gonna need more conference wins. 

1 minute ago, Motor26 said:

Next Sunday would suck if the game got cancelled. Obviously do what’s needed to keep all the players safe. But it would be a chance for the Bills to take on a team missing several important players. And they’re gonna need more conference wins. 

I'd rather take the bye week before playing the Chiefs on Thursday than anything else.  And with Wallace, Smoke, and Edmunds not 100%, the timing wouldn't be terrible

• Like (+1) 5

So it sounds like this might be a Monday night game if it goes on at all. I personally don’t want us to play the game this week because COVID has a 2 week incubation period. So negative now could be positive tomorrow. The worst thing that could happen to trash a great season would be to let the covid Titans leave our team with 10 covid players and force us to be the next team with a bunch of cases and interrupt our whole seasons dynamic.. I don’t care if the Titans didn’t play this week..that’s the leagues problem. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I'd rather take the bye week before playing the Chiefs on Thursday than anything else.  And with Wallace, Smoke, and Edmunds not 100%, the timing wouldn't be terrible

It would be hard schedule wise to move two of the Titans games. If they move the game to Monday night they would have to move the Chiefs game as well. I don’t really care cuz no fans will be at the stadium anyways for a prime time game. I don’t know, should be interesting. 

21 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

It's amazing to me that the NFL, the biggest sports league in the world, is just winging it with regards to corona.

That's not true in the slightest. They have a detailed protocol and detailed restrictions. And it had been working until players and coaches got complacent.

100% the Titans broke protocol. That's the only explanation.

23 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I have a hard time thinking this game won't be postponed. 

It will likely have to be moved as well as the Thursday night game against the chefs. 

Yes I meant to say chefs

Great googly moogly. Such a great commercial.

21 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

It's amazing to me that the NFL, the biggest sports league in the world, is just winging it with regards to corona.

Really where exactly are they winging it?  What should they have done.

How about a bubble, great idea except the players said no.  It's real easy to say too bad, but it doesn't work that way, the league isn't allowed to just tell the players too bad, we're taking you away from your families for the next six months, players need to agree to it.   So other than a bubble what exactly should they be doing right now?  What past experience should they be looking at to determine how to handle this one?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The best case scenario for us seems to be the Titans having all clear from here on out. They get in the building on Wednesday, prepare on a short week, missing a bunch of players, and our prep stays normal.

The Ron Swanson guide to football. 

Be a man

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Stay tuned to this developing situation. As was mentioned today, the titans need to go two consecutive days with no new positive tests in order to re-open their facility by Wednesday, which is the last possible day they can start practicing in order to play on Sunday. They have not gone One day without a positive test since last weekend. 

This game is currently off the board in Vegas 

Why does is Wednesday the last possible day for them to open their facility and play on Sunday?

Is this a competitive advantage thing? If it is, it doesn't make sense to punish other teams like Buffalo that are doing everything right.

The way I see it is that they're all isolating themselves now and aren't at the facility interacting, right?

If they have consecutive days this week and it's Tuesday Wednesday or Wednesday Thursday, you play the game and they just get less practice time.

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The Ron Swanson guide to football. 

Be a man

Also eat large portions of meat with a nice bottle of lagavulin. 

I went cheap on the liquor but made beef on weck last night that carried me through today. 

Edited by The Wiz

46 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Shame for the Titans, but honestly if they can’t keep their house in order if I were the Bills I wouldn’t be in any hurry to play them as scheduled unless they produce a lot of negative tests and a lot of contact tracing info. They have no chance against us either way but still.

exactly where I am at. The league needs to just shut down the titans until they are ti

zero. They can’t be affecting other teams with what appears to be carelessness in their parts. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1