Postgame Thread: Bills at Raiders

- Norman played well, but I don't think he was the catalyst for the tunraround. The Bills got more aggressive on defense.

- The Bills offensive line won't be the best in football, but it has excellent depth. 

- People upset about the lack of running game have a poor frame of reference. It's a passing league more than ever. Ground and Pound is for teams that don't have a QB or weapons in the passing game. 

- Bill line are better pass protectors than run blockers. Why would they stop doing something that is moving the chains just so they can adhere to a vision of football that died a few years ago?

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

Didn't play up to their standard on either side of the ball and still scored 30.  Bass sucks and the Punter should be cut tonight

And on the bright side ??

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big C said:

The broadcaster was wondering what Hyde was looking at since he wasn't back there on that play (no surprise if you saw the thread last week), but yeah Poyer didn't even need to commit PI. He made it to the receiver with time to turn and make a play. Disappointing.

If you watch that play it wasnt actually that egregious of a PI, the receiver actually slowed up to catch the ball and poyer kinda just put his hand on his back. But still ya i agree poyer needs to play better in that situation 

5 minutes ago, Turf Toejam 34 said:

Josh needs to understand the situation, throw the ball away and give Bass (a chance) basically to ice the game with a 17 point lead.    When is that light bulb going to go off?

Do you mean light bulb goes on?

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Good win 

Allen continues to make plays and lead this O.. shouldn't have taken that sack but all In all another good showing 

Defense continues to be frustrating but they started to make plays in the 4th so maybe they can turn it back around to a top 5 D In the league. Right now I'm not sold they are one 

Lastly, McDermott has to look at whatever they are doing at HT, every third quarter they laid an egg 

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

- Norman played well, but I don't think he was the catalyst for the tunraround. The Bills got more aggressive on defense.

- The Bills offensive line won't be the best in football, but it has excellent depth. 

- People upset about the lack of running game have a poor frame of reference. It's a passing league more than ever. Ground and Pound is for teams that don't have a QB or weapons in the passing game. 

- Bill line are better pass protectors than run blockers. Why would they stop doing something that is moving the chains just so they can adhere to a vision of football that died a few years ago?

The D line needs more sand in their pants.  Reach out to Snacks Harrison.  Marcel would be good also but That would never happen

Just now, Rc2catch said:

There is no bright side. We’re a terrible 4-0 team. Tear it down and start over. 

Agree 100% !! No 300 yard passing and not even 4 TD game , we MUST draft a QB 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, downunderbill said:

Me too. If you can't enjoy the game then why bother?

Some of these “fans” just live to whine about every little thing. Gameday thread is normally a little bi polar but today was waaaaay over the top. 

Just now, Putin said:

Agree 100% !! No 300 yard passing and not even 4 TD game , we MUST draft a QB 

I hear Darnold might be available 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Allen’s shoulder should be a big worry. He didn’t look right even making some great throws after coming back in. 

Gameday thread, some of you are sickening. I hope it was day drinking before the 4:30 start. But I’m gonna have to bust out the block button you guys are sick in the head. 
4-0, lead the whole game, and you cried like we’re the dang Jets. Control your emotions kids I know you’re not used to being in the elite category 

659b020ea1a90182714571157aa6eb39.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was eating supper when Josh took that sack.  So glad I wasn't in the thread for that.  I mean, yeah sure I'd rather than he throw it away, but I just can't understand being a fan of this team and getting hung up on that one play when Allen played so well.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

The D line needs more sand in their pants.  Reach out to Snacks Harrison.  Marcel would be good also but That would never happen

Marcel was awful the last year. What are you basing this on? 2-3 years ago?

..or maybe they just keep dialing up blitzes and more exotic pressure schemes to force faster throws

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 2

I’m generally pretty positive in regards to the Bills (and any team I work with or am a fan of) when they’re struggling because I believe things come and go from time to time and need to be adjusted. That’s what coaching is for... I think we have a fine coaching staff that is capable of doing that and has shown it. 

But, my point is I’ve been VERY upset with the Bills defense all season  until late this game. They looked unenthusiastic... very much lacked a spark. 
The 4th quarter gave me hope... they were flying around a little bit more, gang tackling a little bit more, and manages to force some turnovers. 

They made a big mistake in doing so... because now I KNOW they are capable of doing it... so I expect that to be the norm moving forward. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

Regarding Norman, maybe you're right, but there is something to be said about having an emotional leader out there, or someone who plays with a fire that is contagious.. Sometimes on defense a guy steps in and plays with an edge that the other guys rally around. Norman was playing with that edge and I think we saw the other DBs start playing more aggressively after that. Just my feelings from watching. The defense has largely played flat most of the season so far and it shows in their body language. Even Tre hasn't really looked like his self from what I can see on the broadcast. Say what you want about the inconsistencies in Lawson and J. Phillips last year, but their brought moxie like that. And now Norman brought it today.

Tremaine is supposed to be our leader in the middle and I don't see him being a leader out there. With Lorax gone, he (or someone else) needs to step up and be that guy too. Someone who can keep their fiery guys in check when they get too hot. And someone that lays it all on the line. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Bass does kind of suck, I'll agree with that. No sense in messing around with a volatile kicker at this point. This is legitimately a top-3 team in the AFC right now, don't mess around.

I mean hes missed 3 if I'm not mistaken, and 1 of them he actually made. So really he's missed 2, haushka lost us 2 games last year. I dont feel like we are any worse off than last year at kicking 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Disagree.  Norman's play seemed to be the spark that woke them up.   The D line played better and seemed to play faster after his recovery (subbing out Klein for Dodson didn't hurt either)...   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We needed this win today. After tomorrow we will have a 2 game lead in the division. The next 4 are huge. Titans, Chiefs, Pats, and Seahawks. If we can go 2-2 and be 6-2 at the midway point then we are well on our way. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Lurker said:

Disagree.  Norman's play seemed to be the spark that woke them up.   The D line played better and seemed to play faster after his recovery (subbing out Klein for Dodson didn't hurt either)...   

That would make more sense if it happened in the 2nd half and not the 1st quarter.

4 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I was eating supper when Josh took that sack.  So glad I wasn't in the thread for that.  I mean, yeah sure I'd rather than he throw it away, but I just can't understand being a fan of this team and getting hung up on that one play when Allen played so well.

Don’t you get it man!!!!???? Every good qb in this league never makes mistakes!!!!! 

• Thank you (+1) 2