I’m seeing 12+ wins for this team...

eball

6 hours ago, eball said:

Time to put my money where my mouth is.  No excuses, this is the most complete Bills roster since the late 90s and they will prove it on the field.  No glaring holes at any position, and quality depth throughout.  Backup QB is a question mark, so the health of Josh Allen is key.  Provided he stays healthy, I see the Bills going 6-0 in the East, and of the remaining ten games there is only one — @SF — in which I think they will go in as an underdog.  The W5 matchup with KC is likely a pick’em, because I expect Buffalo to be 4-0 going into that one.  They’ll be favored in every other home game and the road games are not particularly daunting outside of Tennessee.  Arizona is a media darling but they are unproven and have a suspect defense.  Vegas is still, in my opinion, a mess.  Denver may be a bit better but I’m not sold on Fangio or Lock.

I’ll give them losses to KC, San Fran, and a couple we don’t expect — maybe Tennessee, Pittsburgh, or the roadie at NE***.

AFC East champs and the #2 seed in the playoffs.

There ya have it.

So,where is the money? You betting on this? I would love 12-4 ,but it might be overly optimistic.Covid unknowns make it extra difficult to make predictions 

2 hours ago, Georgie said:

So,where is the money? You betting on this? I would love 12-4 ,but it might be overly optimistic.Covid unknowns make it extra difficult to make predictions 

Oh, I already hammered the o8.5 wins...that’s a no-brainer.

22 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

The schedule is a lot tougher and we don't have one of the better passers in the NFL. We didn't add any game changers in FA. The D may perform above their talent level again, but I can't see any more than 9 wins.

Diggs doesn’t factor in? JA’s continued upwards trajectory is meaningless? Our D-line adds will contribute nothing? McD’s proven D will underperform? Someone else in the East like the laugh riot Jets or rebuilding Dolphins or picked over Patriots will hold us back? Sounds like a lot would have to go wrong simultaneously for a prediction of 9 wins as a cap, imho. 

Sounds awesome, I'm seeing this though: Bill Belichick throws challenge flag to amuse football fans everywhere -  SBNation.com

Its going to be a dogfight and I think we split with NE, I don't put any stock in them falling off a cliff without Brady.  At least not until it does, 20 years of waiting makes me hesitant.  

Edited by P Riv

12 hours ago, GreggTX said:

The schedule is a lot tougher and we don't have one of the better passers in the NFL. We didn't add any game changers in FA. The D may perform above their talent level again, but I can't see any more than 9 wins.

Ugh, I don't know why I respond to your posts, but here goes.  Schedule toughness is a red herring.  The Bills will be favored in nearly every game they play this season.  They have more continuity than just about every other team in the league -- more important this year than ever before.  Allen has a year more of growth and experience.  Stefon Diggs.  Zack Moss instead of Frank Gore.  Upgrades on the DL -- Addison and Jefferson for Lawson and Phillips.

For you to say you "can't see" any more than 9 wins just reeks of a defeatist attitude.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/30/2020 at 2:17 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

But why? 

Our salary cap’s been cleaned up, our roster is competitively deep at almost each marquee position, our QB’s chemistry with the new ammo has the goods written all over it, and we have less opt outs than the Patsies. Just wondering why @eballshould be reined in? 

Because we have a tough schedule, plus I'm a Bill's fan, lol

• Haha (+1) 1

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 2:07 PM, eball said:

Ugh, I don't know why I respond to your posts, but here goes.  Schedule toughness is a red herring.  The Bills will be favored in nearly every game they play this season.  They have more continuity than just about every other team in the league -- more important this year than ever before.  Allen has a year more of growth and experience.  Stefon Diggs.  Zack Moss instead of Frank Gore.  Upgrades on the DL -- Addison and Jefferson for Lawson and Phillips.

For you to say you "can't see" any more than 9 wins just reeks of a defeatist attitude.

I don't agree schedule toughness is a red herring. This schedule IS tough. If you put the 2017 against this schedule for example they don't got 9-7 and break the drought.... they might be lucky to win 6 games. It's an interesting question actually.... if the odds makers priced up every game right here, right now, how many would they favour the Bills in? I reckon 9. There are lots of coin flip games on this schedule. There are two gimmes against the Jets. There are two real toughies against KC and San Fran. The other 12 are all, to some extent, games that looked at in isolation it wouldn't shock me if the Bills won or lost. It would shock me if they didn't win more of those games than they lose.... but trying to work out which fall into which category is trickier this year than in a long while IMO.

This has not been talked about and I think this will be a factor - special teams.

We have a new FG kicker who has not seen NFL pressure yet and while has strong leg is a bit inaccurate.  He also has not had time to adjust to whirling winds of Orchard Park nor eventual weather issues.

We are keeping a punter who shanks punts in wrong games.

We do not have a special teams coach who can help these kickers.

We have a kick returner who tends to take kicks out of end zone when we would get more yards (and less chance of injury) by kneeling.

Not ready to make call until I see roster or special teams in action.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

This has not been talked about and I think this will be a factor - special teams.

We have a new FG kicker who has not seen NFL pressure yet and while has strong leg is a bit inaccurate.  He also has not had time to adjust to whirling winds of Orchard Park nor eventual weather issues.

We are keeping a punter who shanks punts in wrong games.

We do not have a special teams coach who can help these kickers.

We have a kick returner who tends to take kicks out of end zone when we would get more yards (and less chance of injury) by kneeling.

Not ready to make call until I see roster or special teams in action.

Disagree on Roberts. He is a net gain. But on the kicker and punter you are right. 

Covid is the wild card.  I think there will be players sitting out games in recovery.  Who those are on each of the teams and for which games will make some wins and losses go different than is planned or expected.  If one of the better teams is lucky to not have any of its players miss any games, they will have have the playoff seeding advantage.  A team or more that catches an outbreak heading into the playoffs can have their season obliterated by the virus.

How much the virus impacts these things can, and most likely will, put an asterisk next to the 2021 Super Bowl Champion in the history books.

On 8/30/2020 at 8:18 PM, Don Otreply said:

I’m with you eball, AFCE is in the pocket! 

Go Bills!!!

You still have to earn it.   The dolphins have added talent and can compete.  The Patriots will always be solid under Hoody

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/30/2020 at 10:55 AM, eball said:

So far, McD has done a good job of not allowing that to happen.  I don’t think the Bills will lose a couple they “should have” won, I just think there will be a couple of hard fought games against good teams that may not go our way.

Tell me — as an opposing coach, what exactly do you look at when you have to play the Bills and think “oh good, we can really take advantage of that?”  The Bills are a beast for any team to handle.  You think other teams are just counting on a couple of errant Josh Allen throws?

Last year the Bills proved to themselves they belong in the conversation.  This year they take the next step.

I'm with you, especially since our gains clearly outweigh our losses in personnel, and we were essentially an 11 win team last year.  Only one team (Philly) in 17 games handled us. 

The two players that must stay healthy are Tre White and Josh.  Either one of those two guys go down and the dropoff in depth at those positions is gonna hurt badly.

On 8/30/2020 at 9:04 AM, eball said:

Time to put my money where my mouth is.  No excuses, this is the most complete Bills roster since the late 90s and they will prove it on the field.  No glaring holes at any position, and quality depth throughout.  Backup QB is a question mark, so the health of Josh Allen is key.  Provided he stays healthy, I see the Bills going 6-0 in the East, and of the remaining ten games there is only one — @SF — in which I think they will go in as an underdog.  The W5 matchup with KC is likely a pick’em, because I expect Buffalo to be 4-0 going into that one.  They’ll be favored in every other home game and the road games are not particularly daunting outside of Tennessee.  Arizona is a media darling but they are unproven and have a suspect defense.  Vegas is still, in my opinion, a mess.  Denver may be a bit better but I’m not sold on Fangio or Lock.

I’ll give them losses to KC, San Fran, and a couple we don’t expect — maybe Tennessee, Pittsburgh, or the roadie at NE***.

There ya have it.

Have you considered writing for SI? They are having a serious lack of talent.

16 hours ago, ganesh said:

You still have to earn it.   The dolphins have added talent and can compete.  The Patriots will always be solid under Hoody

We will have to work for it for sure, should we play to our expectations we got this👍

Go Bills!!!

I know that it's unlikely due to the number of variables of an NFL season... But I'm with you, OP. For literally the first time in my life, I look at our schedule and there's not a team that I'm "scared of" or that I don't think we can hang with. Are we a better team than KC or SF? No - but I think we can, at the very least, hang with them and give them a hell of a game. In the past, there's always 3-4 games (or more) that you chalk up as automatic losses. Games we have absolutely zero chance of winning. There isn't one game this year that I think we have no chance of winning.  Now, that doesn't mean we go 16-0, because it's the NFL. But I think 11-5 or 12-4 is absolutely a reasonable expectation for this team.

On 8/30/2020 at 9:59 AM, Brennan Huff said:

Josh Allen will throw more TDs than Mahomes this year. Book it. Just kidding, but seriously we will have a top 10 offense and a top 5 defense. 13-3. A home playoff win with fans is in our future 

Man that would make my year better 

39 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I know that it's unlikely due to the number of variables of an NFL season... But I'm with you, OP. For literally the first time in my life, I look at our schedule and there's not a team that I'm "scared of" or that I don't think we can hang with. Are we a better team than KC or SF? No - but I think we can, at the very least, hang with them and give them a hell of a game. In the past, there's always 3-4 games (or more) that you chalk up as automatic losses. Games we have absolutely zero chance of winning. There isn't one game this year that I think we have no chance of winning.  Now, that doesn't mean we go 16-0, because it's the NFL. But I think 11-5 or 12-4 is absolutely a reasonable expectation for this team.

We'll lose one that'll be a headscratcher. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/30/2020 at 9:04 AM, eball said:

There ya have it.

11-5, just cuz I dont wanna agree with you lol. I do see us winning the division this year and such a bummer were in this COVID watered down season.

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’d put $100 on less than 12 wins and I’d love to pay you. Deal?

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm in in this too. 

Ok, so that's not how betting works, but I'm not surprised you two geniuses don't know that.  The Vegas o/u on Bills wins is 9 (or 9.5), so all I'm saying is I'd bet the over.  If you want a bet at 11.5 wins you need to be giving some better odds than 1:1.

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think we will lose in Tennessee. We have edged them in two horrible defensive battles the last two years. I feel like we are due to come out on the wrong end of one of those. 

But this team also has experience facing Ryan Tannehill, so maybe that makes a difference.

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’d put $100 on less than 12 wins and I’d love to pay you. Deal?

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm in in this too. 

Why am I not surprised?

On 8/30/2020 at 10:23 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think we are pretty good but I think people are really underestimating how difficult the schedule is. Just do anything to win the division. I don’t care how many wins that takes

Exactly!  IMO if Josh plays a smart game at QB we could win 11 games!

On 8/30/2020 at 10:04 PM, eball said:

There ya have it.

I don't see anything here about putting money anywhere, much less where your mouth is. Are you betting? Or are you just putting your mouth where your mouth is?

'Cause with our schedule, that's very optimistic. Possible, but very optimistic.

On 8/30/2020 at 7:47 PM, GreggTX said:

I know, I know....the trolling Chiefs fan is here to piss on the Bills corn flakes again......I agree with Gregg TX here.....I have the Bills going about 8-8.  the schedule is rough.  I also think Miami, is going to get it together pretty quick and be a tough out.  

To me, this season comes down to how efficient Allen is.  You guys have got to get 6's in the red zone and you need more drives extended when it's 3rd down than you've had in the past.  That's Allen.  I hope Diggs is a difference maker in this department.  I think one thing we can all agree on is that the Jets suck.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/3/2020 at 11:40 AM, Da webster guy said:

I'm with you, especially since our gains clearly outweigh our losses in personnel, and we were essentially an 11 win team last year.  Only one team (Philly) in 17 games handled us. 

The two players that must stay healthy are Tre White and Josh.  Either one of those two guys go down and the dropoff in depth at those positions is gonna hurt badly.

It's an old argument, going way back before Parcel, but he said it best. You're as good as your record says you are. 

We weren't "essentially an 11 win team last year." We were a 10 win team. Against a very easy schedule.

We will have to be a ton better than we were last year to win 12 against this much better schedule. It could happen. I don't think it will, myself, but if forced to guess, I'd guess that we win the division, and that's a very very good thing.

38 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They should be Super Bowl contenders this season if Josh continues the improvement.... 12 wins is a tall order with that schedule.

I think 10 and division champs with that schedule would be a really good season. 

Yeah, me too.

On 8/31/2020 at 12:16 AM, GunnerBill said:

If I am gameplanning against the Bills it definitely involves a heavy dose of inside zone rushing on offense. When I need to throw I want to throw at the opposite side of the field to Tre White as much as possible. But I want to be 50/50 at worst and ideally 60/40 runs to passes. Three of the Bills defeats in 2019 came against teams who ran more than they passed against us. 

On defense I am playing a lot of cover 3 going man to man on Diggs with my best corner, shading safety help to John Brown's side and then I am getting exotic up front to confuse Josh not letting him see the same look twice (which tends to result in him holding the ball and missing guys being open) and running overloads on my left side to expose the weaker portion of the Bills offensive line. Basically I am willing for the most part to let him have Beasley and Knox and feel it is harder for the Bills to beat us if they are the guys catching a lot of balls. 

Not saying at all the Bills are an easy out. They won't be for anybody. But that is the formula I think if you are going to try and beat us. 

Nicely observed. That's smart and observant.

Edited by Thurman#1

49 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I know, I know....the trolling Chiefs fan is here to piss on the Bills corn flakes again......I agree with Gregg TX here.....I have the Bills going about 8-8.  the schedule is rough.  I also think Miami, is going to get it together pretty quick and be a tough out.  

To me, this season comes down to how efficient Allen is.  You guys have got to get 6's in the red zone and you need more drives extended when it's 3rd down than you've had in the past.  That's Allen.  I hope Diggs is a difference maker in this department.  I think one thing we can all agree on is that the Jets suck.

So you agree with the idiot that says we didn’t add any game changers and specifically cites free agency so he can gloss over the fact that we traded for one of the best playmakers in the NFL. All in the name of making a dumb point. Aren’t you 2 just a pair. 

..... what was your prediction for buffalo last year, again? 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

The schedule is pretty tough. But this roster is stacked. The Bills win 9 games again even if Allen doesn't improve IMO. The AFC East is weak - yes Miami is likely to be better but we get them week 2 while they are still bedding in and then week 17 by which time they are likely out of things. If Allen does improve they will win double digit games. 

You should be scared of the Bills this year. Other than Baltimore they are the only other team that could prevent KC representing the AFC in the Superbowl.

• Like (+1) 3