I’m seeing 12+ wins for this team...

eball

I had 10-6.  Seemed like the mode was 10-11 wins—therefore many are pleasantly incorrect!

Weirdly, a lot of posters didn’t even venture a guess!  Anyway,  kudos for eball for picking 12-4.  No kudos for the cry-for-help self-bump flex though...

On to 13-3!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I had 10-6.  Seemed like the mode was 10-11 wins—therefore many are pleasantly incorrect!

Weirdly, a lot of posters didn’t even venture a guess!  Anyway,  kudos for eball for picking 12-4.  No kudos for the cry-for-help self-bump flex though...

so did I.  I didn’t think Josh would improve as much as he did, or that Diggs would have as big of an impact as he did.  Plus, the Steelers and 49ers games turned out to not be as scary as we first thought.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

so did I.  I didn’t think Josh would improve as much as he did, or that Diggs would have as big of an impact as he did.  Plus, the Steelers and 49ers games turned out to not be as scary as we first thought.

Steelers look shot

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

On to 13-3!

Meh.  Here’s the deal — some label me a homer with inaccurate predictions from years past because those idiots don’t understand the difference between “hoping” something works out because you’re a fan and “predicting” something works out.  Bottom line is I’ve been dead on with this team for two years running.  Yes, it’s fun to throw it in the face of the know-it-alls.

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/29/2020 at 12:39 PM, eball said:

Hi everybody.  Go Bills.

On 12/30/2020 at 7:17 PM, eball said:

You know, life is too short for me to worry about negative ninnies or “realists” like @ScottLaw, @BADOLBILZ, and @C.Biscuit97 any more. The bottom line is I predicted 10-6 last year, 12+ this year, and was willing from the get-go to see what was REALLY going on with Josh Allen and this team. I am loving this season and team so much my heart is bursting out of my chest.

On 12/30/2020 at 9:12 PM, BillsVet said:

Really disappointed to not be listed among the group of posters mentioned here.

Pulling up 4 month old threads to say "I told you so" mandates better research.

Just so...disappointed.  I feel like all my work has gone for naught.  :lol:

Here's the thing,

eball, you bumped a four month old thread to pimp yo daddy self. WTF?

Be better. Someone else would have probably done it for you and then you could bask in the glory. 

Hell, you could have simply pm'd me and asked me to praise you and bring it up. AND I WOULD HAVE!! Awesome forecast on your part bro. Love it!

The chest thumping is real bro. It's been so long since we've been able to do it seems foreign to us. Let's love and embrace our level of excellence again.

WE'RE BACK BABY!!!! WHOO HOO!! Let's love every minute of this ride this time.

Billsvet, sorry all your work HAS gone for not brother! 

GO BILLS!

We need to love this feeling again while we have it, and heads up, it ain't going away for a long time now. But I must say in eball spirit, so I can revisit this post four years from now when we are 4-4 in Superbowls I just want to say, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year! And I love Josh Allen!

GO BILLS! Lets enjoy the hell out of this fellas!! It's our time again!

1 hour ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Well done eball, predicting 12 wins is very much going against the odds. I don't care that you didn't feel like betting actual money, its still a hell of a prediction.

Oh I made several bets and have profited handsomely on the Bills this year.  The o/u was 8.5 or 9 wins in most places.  I just wasn’t stupid enough to take an even money bet for 12 wins with a couple of morons who don’t understand odds.

14 minutes ago, eball said:

Oh I made several bets and have profited handsomely on the Bills this year.  The o/u was 8.5 or 9 wins in most places.  I just wasn’t stupid enough to take an even money bet for 12 wins with a couple of morons who don’t understand odds.

Atta boy. I won $1k on the over in 2019 but balked this year, myself.

On 8/30/2020 at 12:08 PM, BullBuchanan said:

I see us losing:
Rams
Chiefs
Seahawks
Steelers
49ers
Patriots 2x

Finish 9-7.

We've been the beneficiaries of extremely favorable schedules the last several years. That likely shifts a bit this season.

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, eball said:

Oh I made several bets and have profited handsomely on the Bills this year.  

First.......the "your opinions don't bother me" and then "I, I, I won money.......but you guys just don't know about it".

Good job there, handsome.B-)

This thread just keeps getting better.:beer:

Now that everyone knows that your pockets are lined with easy money I expect they will try to part it from you via more wagers! 

image.png.6866ba5a68b53dc513815c183170c8f1.png

@BADOLBILZ  still wishing the Bills kept ALynn and Gillislie?  You’ve been more wrong about this franchise than any of us despite your vast football knowledge.  It’s actually entertaining watching you trying to spin your takes and insult me.

P.S. @GunnerBill puts you to shame on the knowledge front. 

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, eball said:

@BADOLBILZ  still wishing the Bills kept ALynn and Gillislie?  You’ve been more wrong about this franchise than any of us despite your vast football knowledge.  It’s actually entertaining watching you trying to spin your takes and insult me.

Well don't I feel like the awkward gooseberry in the middle 😬

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The last thing that matters here is whether someone was right about this team.  Last I checked no one receives bonus points for predicting accurately.  

Only reason someone would want credit for a correct prediction is they're not getting enough attention either here or elsewhere.  That's sad, but still no one's duty to understand or help with.  

My take is there's a lot of the Dunning-Kruger effect on display in this thread.  It's all just sad really.

Happy New Year.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

The last thing that matters here is whether someone was right about this team.  Last I checked no one receives bonus points for predicting accurately.  

Only reason someone would want credit for a correct prediction is they're not getting enough attention either here or elsewhere.  That's sad, but still no one's duty to understand or help with.  

My take is there's a lot of the Dunning-Kruger effect on display in this thread.  It's all just sad really.

Happy New Year.  

Came here to talk football, and instead was 'treated' to a dimestore psychology lecture.

Professor, can you please diagnose those who are consistently negative, pessimistic and miserable on a football message board?

ETA:  it's funny to see that the KINGOFCAPSLOCK thought that your post was "Awesome", as he/she is a textbook example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Edited by Bermuda Triangle
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, eball said:

You forgot he still isnt over Whaley

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/30/2020 at 9:04 AM, eball said:

Time to put my money where my mouth is.  No excuses, this is the most complete Bills roster since the late 90s and they will prove it on the field.  No glaring holes at any position, and quality depth throughout.  Backup QB is a question mark, so the health of Josh Allen is key.  Provided he stays healthy, I see the Bills going 6-0 in the East, and of the remaining ten games there is only one — @SF — in which I think they will go in as an underdog.  The W5 matchup with KC is likely a pick’em, because I expect Buffalo to be 4-0 going into that one.  They’ll be favored in every other home game and the road games are not particularly daunting outside of Tennessee.  Arizona is a media darling but they are unproven and have a suspect defense.  Vegas is still, in my opinion, a mess.  Denver may be a bit better but I’m not sold on Fangio or Lock.

I’ll give them losses to KC, San Fran, and a couple we don’t expect — maybe Tennessee, Pittsburgh, or the roadie at NE***.

AFC East champs and the #2 seed in the playoffs.

There ya have it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTs3R_pRa0Gv4gkvJtz6yc

Solid. 👍

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Happy New Year.  

Oh there are Bonus points . allow me to assure you of that fact.
its a Big win for Eball and any gloating is well deserved.

is the Dunning =Kruger anything like the Oxley >Sorbanne  thing ?

6 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Came here to talk football, and instead was 'treated' to a dimestore psychology lecture.

Professor, can you please diagnose those who are consistently negative, pessimistic and miserable on a football message board?

ETA:  it's funny to see that the KINGOFCAPSLOCK thought that your post was "Awesome", as he/she is a textbook example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Oh the irony.  

Now where's that pot and have they met the kettle yet?

:lol:

Go Bills!

18 hours ago, eball said:

Dude. Yes.

22 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Happy New Year.  

I don't know man, he made a good call and deserves some credit.  Seems like you are just trying to get us to forget history. Maybe so you get a pass for being so miserable for so long?   Its ok, we still love you anyway....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

meh, he predicted the teams we’d lose to incorrectly.  Not impressed.

Harsh.........but I think it needed to be said.   

But now that the weight of his utter prediction failure has been duly noted.........I think we need some perspective from Teddy Roosevelt:

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; but eballs, meaning he comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming

Here's to striving and to you @eball🍷

RIP 2020 predictions

On 8/30/2020 at 9:04 AM, eball said:

Time to put my money where my mouth is.  No excuses, this is the most complete Bills roster since the late 90s and they will prove it on the field.  No glaring holes at any position, and quality depth throughout.  Backup QB is a question mark, so the health of Josh Allen is key.  Provided he stays healthy, I see the Bills going 6-0 in the East, and of the remaining ten games there is only one — @SF — in which I think they will go in as an underdog.  The W5 matchup with KC is likely a pick’em, because I expect Buffalo to be 4-0 going into that one.  They’ll be favored in every other home game and the road games are not particularly daunting outside of Tennessee.  Arizona is a media darling but they are unproven and have a suspect defense.  Vegas is still, in my opinion, a mess.  Denver may be a bit better but I’m not sold on Fangio or Lock.

I’ll give them losses to KC, San Fran, and a couple we don’t expect — maybe Tennessee, Pittsburgh, or the roadie at NE***.

AFC East champs and the #2 seed in the playoffs.

There ya have it.

Just lost all respect for you 😋

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Harsh.........but I think it needed to be said.   

But now that the weight of his utter prediction failure has been duly noted.........I think we need some perspective from Teddy Roosevelt:

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; but eballs, meaning he comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming

Here's to striving and to you @eball🍷

RIP 2020 predictions

Badolz,  going Teddy.  Must be a Tom Selleck (Frank Reagan fan from Blue Bloods)

Great reference and one of my favorite Presidents.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Badolz,  going Teddy.  Must be a Tom Selleck (Frank Reagan fan from Blue Bloods)

Great reference and one of my favorite Presidents.

12 wins predicted

mouth where his money put he

tossed his own salad