Dolphins expected to go with Fitzpatrick as the starter

Greg S

I think it makes a lot of sense... but it also suggests that the Dolphins are still 2-3 years away from competing.. Fitz isn’t going to lead your team to the playoffs but he is one of the smartest QBs in the NFL and it also allows the Dolphins to nurse Tua to full health and give him time to understand the playbook.. Question is, how much time does Tua have before he is the starter? Is it Week 2? Week 6? Week 10? Doubt Fitz makes it through the full season.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Will Fitz still be the starter by week 2 though 

Maybe not, but with the Fitz lifecycle he will be back to starting by week 6 or 7.

Then benched again by week 12 when they are out of the playoffs and then starting again by week 14 due to injury.

I think that is how this works. ?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Maybe not, but with the Fitz lifecycle he will be back to starting by week 6 or 7.

Then benched again by week 12 when they are out of the playoffs and then starting again by week 14 due to injury.

The man never really truly goes away......like a hard to reach itch.....just always there......

• Haha (+1) 6

29 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Currently, he’s the best qb in the afc East. 

But to hear Jets fans tell it, Darnold is Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, all rolled into one and is the reason they will win the division.

• Haha (+1) 5

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Fitz has had himself an incredible career.

Yes he has, the guy just doesn’t stop, every team he signs with the other QBs live in fear of the Fitz cycle...

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Who was that one armed bearded man?  Oh wrong thread, this isn’t the Def Leopard thread.  Doh! Any way, I’m with Shady on the rinse repeat.  Everyone knew Fitzy was going to start in week 1, but then it’s just week by week Tua watch.  My $20 on red says week 5 or the first 4 pick game for the Fins.  Why you say?  They are going to get their butts handed to them in week 3 (Seahawks) and week 4 (49ers) so it’s either week 6 Broncos, or week 7 Chargers they go to Tua.  From the Chargers in they have the Rams, Cardinals, Jets, Jets, Bengals, Chiefs, Patriots, Raiders, and Bills.

The Fins if they are smart, and I do think this coach is smart they’ll want a soft landing for Tua to build up his confidence.  He’d have challenges with Cardinals, Chiefs, and us, but easier games as well.  I’m not buying the hype that BB can do anything, the Raiders are world beaters this year.  If Tua finishes with a winning record for the games he plays, the organization gets to feel like they made a great call.  Besides with all of the new pieces the Fins brought in with 6 draft picks in the first 70 picks, the $200 mil. They had 11 picks in the 2020 draft, and 11 in 2021. The crazy thing is they have 5 in the 2021 draft in the top 70 if they don’t move around.  They spent on all of those free agents, it will take at least until week 7-8 before they start pulling together if at all.

That’s why I wrote the other day, the Fins should be on the rise in 2021, or at the latest 2022.  The AFCE rivalry will go back to the old days of Bills/Fins, and Allen vs. Tua, instead of my hero MGK and Dan, quick release Marino.  This should be fun especially if together we crush the Pats and BB has to away in humiliation.  We never have to worry about the dumpster fire in NJ, and not talking about the NJ Giants.

If Tua cannot beat out a 37 year old Fitz for the starting job by week 6 Tua’s will be approaching bust status at Mach  2. Fitz never had a strong arm, I think Fitz will struggle to make certain throws this year. With the way Fitz plays and his age I doubt Fitz will make it through this season. We will prolly get a look a Tua if he is ready or not.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Ahh yes, another gem from the guy who walks into a room, farts, and then leaves.

Ahh yes, another gem from the guy who lets people consistently fart in his face and tells them how good it smells.  

I know you are obsessed with me (you’re not the first and won’t be the last), but you can’t even debate the point.  Who had the best qb rating in the division?  Who did this on a team that actively traded their best players away?  Who took a bust 1st round pick and made him a 1,200 yard receiver? Who set a nfl record for most consecutive 400 yards passing games? 

also get a dictionary and look up the word currently.  It could change but you are the most sensitive human being on earth.  Josh Allen isn’t going to sleep with you bro.

53 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If Tua cannot beat out a 37 year old Fitz for the starting job by week 6 Tua’s will be approaching bust status at Mach  2. Fitz never had a strong arm, I think Fitz will struggle to make certain throws this year. With the way Fitz plays and his age I doubt Fitz will make it through this season. We will prolly get a look a Tua if he is ready or not.

That’s insane.  Fitz is a top 20 qb in the league.  He would beat out a lot of young guys.  Also, Tua isn’t coming off a major injury.  Why force playing him right away?  They aren’t winning the SB this year.  

more qbs are ruined than developed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Ahh yes, another gem from the guy who lets people consistently fart in his face and tells them how good it smells.  

I know you are obsessed with me (you’re not the first and won’t be the last),

Josh Allen isn’t going to sleep with you bro.

You've got issues, "bro."  It's fun watching you implode, though.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

You've got issues, "bro."  It's fun watching you implode, though.

Who’s imploding?  I’m on my way to a long weekend.  It’s hilarious you think you have any impact on my life in general.  “Honey, that super angry soccer mom on the Bills board who gets mad if you don’t say everything Bills related is awesome was mean to me” ?

the only way I remember you is you’re the guy who is consistently wrong and gets defensive about.  And you still haven’t given one reason why Fitz isn’t the best currently if AFC East qbs besides Allen is a Bill and you think he’s cute. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Who’s imploding?  I’m on my way to a long weekend.  It’s hilarious you think you have any impact on my life in general.  “Honey, that super angry soccer mom on the Bills board who gets mad if you don’t say everything Bills related is awesome was mean to me” ?

the only way I remember you is you’re the guy who is consistently wrong and gets defensive about.  And you still haven’t given one reason why Fitz isn’t the best currently if AFC East qbs besides Allen is a Bill and you think he’s cute. 

You would be the only one claiming that Fitz is the best QB in the AFCE.  Or even better than Josh.  Well, besides Mrs. Fitz and his kids.  He's been on a million teams for a reason.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

You would be the only one claiming that Fitz is the best QB in the AFCE.  Or even better than Josh.  Well, besides Mrs. Fitz and his kids.  He's been on a million teams for a reason.

https://www.radio.com/articles/radiocom/tannenbaum-ryan-fitzpatrick-the-is-best-qb-in-the-afc-east

You guys are so emo about Allen.  Across the board, with the worst roster in nfl, Fitz was a better passing qb than Allen.  Would I trade Allen for Fitz? Obviously no and I never said that.  But right now, he’s the best qb in the afc East (Cam would be if he was healthy).  

26 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

dude

What facts do you guys have to dispute this?  If Allen and Fitz switched teams, what do you think their records would have been last year?  Fitz played with the worst roster in years and never played on close to as good of a team as Allen did last year.  These are legit facts.

now, Allen hopefully will be better than him long term.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He will be turning 38 during the season.  It's a countdown till his game really starts to fall off which could be starting with Week 1.

I always liked Fitz but age gets everyone in the end.

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

https://www.radio.com/articles/radiocom/tannenbaum-ryan-fitzpatrick-the-is-best-qb-in-the-afc-east

You guys are so emo about Allen.  Across the board, with the worst roster in nfl, Fitz was a better passing qb than Allen.  Would I trade Allen for Fitz? Obviously no and I never said that.  But right now, he’s the best qb in the afc East (Cam would be if he was healthy).  

What facts do you guys have to dispute this?  If Allen and Fitz switched teams, what do you think their records would have been last year?  Fitz played with the worst roster in years and never played on close to as good of a team as Allen did last year.  These are legit facts.

now, Allen hopefully will be better than him long term.  

Talent wise in 2020 Allen & Darnold are the best QB's in the division. Cam would be if he were healthy and both he and Fitz are more proven at this point. One thing is for certain Allen, Darnold, and Mayfield have no excuses going into year 3.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Remind me again who is overly sensitive, doesn't respond well to criticism, and makes personal attacks?

48 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

There ya go.  And neither would anyone else.

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Will Fitz still be the starter by week 2 though 

No Tooey will come in......then get hurt before week 6 and Fitz will be the starter again going 4-6 to get them to 4-12 ;) 

Happens every year ;)

Edited by JMF2006
spelling

7 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I posted mine before I read yours but yeah its about the same every year ;)