Bills sign DT Vernon Butler. 2 years up to 18M total and 9.3M GTD

Top 100 free agents:  Number 29

29. EDGE DANTE FOWLER JR.

Fowler had the best season of his four-year career in 2019, producing a 73.4 pass-rush grade that ranks 31st among qualifying edge defenders. Fowler has gathered the sixth-most sacks (15) while ranking 38th in win rate and 20th in pressure rate. Not to mention, he had the second-most pressures that were cleanups or pursuits. His pressure rate this year was over three percentage points higher than we have seen from him in a single season. Fowler is likely going to get overpaid based on the 2019 sack numbers, but that’s not to say he isn’t a good player — he’ll be a good addition to a pass-rush unit if a team can get him for the right price.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

2 missed tackles in 440 snaps for Carolina in 2019...I’m picking up on a theme here

Interesting. Missed tackles was probably my biggest beef with the D last year. All three units. All three new DL seem to be good tacklers. Klein decent, too. 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

That's a bad signing. He was abysmal for 3 years then got 5 sacks in his contract year. Former first round pick. Maybe McD can get more effort from him.

I think that is why his contract is structured with only 9 mil guaranteed. He wants to get payed. Give him something to work for...

Before 2019 you could have got this guy for a late round pick. He couldn't break the rotation. 

Panthers fans would have died laughing if you told them he would get close to 9 mill total contract never mind guarantees only.

Edited by Seoulofstone

2 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Before 2019 you could have got this guy for a late round pick. He couldn't break the rotation. 

Panthers fans would have died laughing if you told them he would get close to 9 mill.

He's only 25, looks like the light came on for him last season, I'm sure new DL coach, Washington, had a lot to say about Butler

• Like (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

That's a bad signing. He was abysmal for 3 years then got 5 sacks in his contract year. Former first round pick. Maybe McD can get more effort from him.

I’ll give you this, you seem to be very consistent! 

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Lol!  Good one...

"Butler served as mostly a rotational defensive lineman during the first three seasons of his career. In 2019, he started a career-high nine games, finishing with 32 tackles, six sacks, and three forced fumbles."

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/03/bills-sign-dt-vernon-butler

• Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Hope Murphy and his inflated salary is gone.

I would be surprised if they moved Hughes, especially if Murphy is gone.  Plus Hughes has veteran leadership potential.

First they want you to stay inside.  Then they cancel the parades.  Now, a guy ironically named “Happy” wants Murphy gone.  

It’s tough to be Irish again.

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Panthers fans would have died laughing if you told them he would get close to 9 mill total contract never mind guarantees only.

Not now, based on your own post of their boards.