Bills sign DT Vernon Butler. 2 years up to 18M total and 9.3M GTD

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Since when the hell is 6'4" 291 small?

You guys and your obsession with these paper numbers with size. ?

7 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

6'4" 291 and can play the whole d-line...sounds like a winner to me.  How did they find Quinton since he wasn't a Panther in 2016?

NO! He MUST be 312 lbs!

Silly, I know. The stuff some people believe

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Will play the Shaq Role outside on Run Downs and inside on passing downs IMO. 

suddenly with addition of Butler makes me wonder about Trent Murphy and his Nice 8M in CAP savings if released. 

Probably depends on how we draft if Murphy is expendable. I like having a deep , quality line.

Is another move coming?.. We now have Oliver, Jefferson, Butler, Star and Harry at DT.   

Thats a lot of $$$ tied up at DT, along with a high pick and former 3rd rounder, entering, essentially, his 2nd year. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Will play the Shaq Role outside on Run Downs and inside on passing downs IMO. 

suddenly with addition of Butler makes me wonder about Trent Murphy and his Nice 8M in CAP savings if released. 

Rotation also keeps Murphy healthy these guys are smart they know the grind of starting takes its toll on the big men and with 2 more roster spots it allows  the Bills to manage their snaps.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills defense is nasty 

And the offense returns everybody with a significant upgrade at WR1 and a full year together in the same system.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

nope my issue with Star was the contract only for what he does. He picked it up this year. And you brought up the sack numbers. 

I'm not talking about you specifically. The general knock on star is his stats. So I am agreeing with you. I brought up Vernons sacks to illustrate that he got play time and affected the box score more than you might expect this year for a guy who was a prime candidate for being cut outright. I am not trying to say that it describes who he is as a player. Rather that it's a false impression. Bottom line, for me he shouldn't come close to that contract based on what I've seen of him.

Just now, BillsRdue said:

Am I dreaming or is Beane doing the exact same thing with the DL this year that he did with the OL last year. Bringing in a lot of quality NFL players to compete and rotate. 

Sure looks that way, and I love it.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Murphy may be in trouble... 

Also, would anyone else be unsurprised to see them try to move Hughes? 

Hope Murphy and his inflated salary is gone.

I would be surprised if they moved Hughes, especially if Murphy is gone.  Plus Hughes has veteran leadership potential.

• Like (+1) 1