Bills sign DT Vernon Butler. 2 years up to 18M total and 9.3M GTD

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

do not get concerned about sack numbers from NTs

I agree, but weirdly that's the exact knock on star isn't it? I've watched him these last 4 years and his play has been poor. He was a cut candidate until this past season and still played with lethargy 

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We also signed DT Vernon Butler from, who else, Carolina. A lot of new depth added to the d-line but I wish we could get an impact starter there.

Oliver was drafted to be that impact guy and he sure showed that potential in the second half of 2019.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Did you want to resign Shaq, cause that's a pretty similar sentence that could be applied to Shaq. 

I didn't. But Shaq was improving. Not sure the same could be said of Vernon. He wasn't popular down here. I think it's a big overpay .

10 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Too much dl now? We cutting someone it would seem 

never too much DL in this day n age of the nfl.

the bills are going to be playing in the playoffs against stellar mobile QBs: Lamar, Deshaun, and Homeboy. Need to have fresh legs 24/7 to be able to chase them down. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

This move puts Star on the bench!!!

Not for the 10m they are paying him. Seems like they will rotate.  Butler is 330lbs and seems to be coming into his own. We will see. I don't hate the signing, don't love it. Probably because I haven't seen enough of him playing or heard a lot about him. But this seems like a stout dude for rotational depth and run game.

1 minute ago, Seoulofstone said:

I agree, but weirdly that's the exact knock on star isn't it? I've watched him these last 4 years and his play has been poor. He was a cut candidate until this past season and still played with lethargy 

nope my issue with Star was the contract only for what he does. He picked it up this year. And you brought up the sack numbers.