Brian Daboll cost us the division title

Tesla03

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I just don't believe if we beat the Pats last week that they also lose this week.  This isn't our division year.  It will come.

I also agree with this, although it's just an opinion.  I dont believe the Pat's lost to the Dolphins this week if we beat them, they would have tried harder.  It can be argued they were playing their best trying to get the bye.  Would like someone that actually watched that game to chime in

If Josh hits Knox on 1st n goal at the 8 vs NE at the end of the game we tie it there and take em to OT.

He was open for an average difficulty throw.  Not Dabolls fault.  

Dion Dawkins td catch great, ballsy call.

John Brown TD throw to Motor vs Dallas also a great, ballsy call.

Not sure I agree with you that Daboll sucks.  He might not be a top 5 innovator but he's learning this team and Josh, lots of new faces and moving parts.

Dont forget McD is ultra paranoid about INT's and preaches conservative, ball control approach, let our defense control the opponent.   Daboll is limited in what he can try in that regard. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

Plain and simple. 

It was a great season but the fact we could have easily won our first division title since god knows how long this year puts a dark cloud over everything. Dabolls play calling in the pats game at home and the Browns game where singletary got something like 7 touches cost us big time. Daboll is a very lucky man because had it not been for our top 3 defense he would probably be getting fired tomorrow morning. 

This is the worst NE team of the Brady era and the best Bills team and we still couldn't beat them to the division title. 

Can someone with any authority ban this #######? I've seen enough to know he has no good intentions. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I also agree with this, although it's just an opinion.  I dont believe the Pat's lost to the Dolphins this week if we beat them, they would have tried harder.  It can be argued they were playing their best trying to get the bye.  Would like someone that actually watched that game to chime in

The Pats D couldn't stop the Dolphins like the Bills D could stop the Pats the prior week. 

34 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Don't usually agree with much of what you say, but this one I agree with.  Daboll sucks.  Questionable gameplans.  Questionable playcalling.  Questionable decision to never start Duke in favor of speedy smurfs that contribute the same exact thing every week... almost nothing.  The stuff they are good at disappeared from our playbook... the jet sweeps and stuff.  No screen game what so ever.  The guy is bad.  I don't care that he schemed a guy open.  That isn't what makes an NFL OC.

Scott, in the Duke thread, one of the posters mentioned in one of his pressers, Daboll stated I coach whoever McD activates.  He may have input, but McD make the final decisions on activations which makes sense.  As far as Daboll’s play calling, there are some valid points on Daboll.

If the Pats had lost to us, I think they would have played today with a lot more urgency IMO and likely wouldn’t have lost. They treated last week like a playoff game but this week was lip service. Either way,  I don’t blame Daboll for not beating NE. We got outplayed...again. We need more talent on offense. We need better Red Zone running. We need more consistent QB play. We need the defense to get more turnovers for us. The OC doesn’t execute blocks or run routes. 

44 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Don't usually agree with much of what you say, but this one I agree with.  Daboll sucks.  Questionable gameplans.  Questionable playcalling.  Questionable decision to never start Duke in favor of speedy smurfs that contribute the same exact thing every week... almost nothing.  The stuff they are good at disappeared from our playbook... the jet sweeps and stuff.  No screen game what so ever.  The guy is bad.  I don't care that he schemed a guy open.  That isn't what makes an NFL OC.

Gotta admit, being with the Bengals as the only teams not to beat the Pats the last 5 weeks is a little disconcerting. 

Someone around here, jocularly so, mocked me a few weeks back at the suggestion that Fitzy could beat the Pats, in New England, especially in a game they needed.

...any given Sunday I believe is sort of how I responded.

Happy “Any Given Day”.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Locomark said:

If the Pats had lost to us, I think they would have played today with a lot more urgency IMO and likely wouldn’t have lost. They treated last week like a playoff game but this week was lip service. Either way,  I don’t blame Daboll for not beating NE. We got outplayed...again. We need more talent on offense. We need better Red Zone running. We need more consistent QB play. We need the defense to get more turnovers for us. The OC doesn’t execute blocks or run routes. 

Agree talent has a lot to do with it. Look at the Packers with our old friend Nate Hackett as their OC! 

1 hour ago, Tesla03 said:

Plain and simple. 

It was a great season but the fact we could have easily won our first division title since god knows how long this year puts a dark cloud over everything. Dabolls play calling in the pats game at home and the Browns game where singletary got something like 7 touches cost us big time. Daboll is a very lucky man because had it not been for our top 3 defense he would probably be getting fired tomorrow morning. 

This is the worst NE team of the Brady era and the best Bills team and we still couldn't beat them to the division title. 

Yeah because Daboll couldn’t hit Dawson Knox in the endzone

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Well almost nothing would still be more than Williams contributed in his 2nd and 3rd game active. Think it was one catch in the two games.

1 hour ago, Tesla03 said:

Plain and simple. 

But, but, but, everyone here said Miami had no chance to win this week!!! :P

1 hour ago, BillsFanSD said:

Every offensive coordinator since Ted Marchibroda has been the most hated man in Buffalo.  Some things never change.

It is always the OC's fault in Buffalo. Everyone will claim they didn't now but people hated Roman when he was here too. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is always the OC's fault in Buffalo. Everyone will claim they didn't now but people hated Roman when he was here too. 

Oh I remember that. Roman got serious abuse here. It was never Tyrod or the D it was always Roman can’t design passing plays etc etc. He was getting crushed on here. I still think he’s a one trick pony lol, but he was absolutely last on the list of things wrong here at that time. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

You are correct  But Roman had a philosophy and a direction for the offense  Bills were running team and hell or high water they tried to run the football .  When it worked Roman stuck with it     He just didnt have a passing offense to come back in games the Bills fell behind. 

I cant figure out what we are under Daboll  No consistency and he'll divert from something that is working at any whim  Clueless on how to use match ups with personnel to gain advantage

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Roman sucked when he was here, the offense couldn't score any points and Rex's craptastic defense couldn't stop anyone.  Anthony Lynn did a good job simplifying and tailoring Roman's offense for Tyrod.  Maybe someone else can do the same with Daboll's playbook.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Roman sucked when he was here, the offense couldn't score any points and Rex's craptastic defense couldn't stop anyone.  Anthony Lynn did a good job simplifying and tailoring Roman's offense for Tyrod.  Maybe someone else can do the same with Daboll's playbook.

Roman did not suck here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RichVP said:

I think the loss to the pats was in all 3 phases of the game. Not just on offense. If our rushing defense held, or some of the short passing game was prevented, or we didn't have so may long fields and given the Pat's* so many short ones, we would have won that game.

I also think that if the Bills have won the game things would have happened differently today. The Pat's* may have had more incentive with the Division and the Bye week in play still and may have had more focus after a loss to the Bills. Conversely the Bill's playing today with the division title on the line may have had serious injuries to various starters. It's a whole what if game that seems silly.

I'm happy where the Bill's are, in the play offs, about to play the Texans next week, which is probably their best match up. I'm also happy with the Pat's* losing and missing out on a Bye week as they need that for any hope of getting healthy and making a run for another super bowl.

I'll enjoy that instead of what if's and blame game for a Bill's team that outside of western New York was seen as an after thought this year.

I mean a first round bye is a lot of incentive 

1 hour ago, Agent 91 said:

Chan Gailey masquerading as a HC when all he cared about was offense was our best OC lol

This may not be far from the truth. I always wished that there would have been a way to keep Gailey when St Doug got the nod. Gailey’s offensive game planning was good, he called a good game, he just lacked any kind of real talent on the team. 

When you play to win every game 17-14, it is a razor thin edge.  A dropped pass, a throw a little off is always magnified.  10-6 in retrospect was the minimum this team should have gone.....  Played two teams with over 10 wins all year and only 2 others that ended up over .500.  

Daboll & the whole offensive philosophy has been lousy all year.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Not to mention we had an OC named Greg Roman who Wrecks decided to fire after an 0-2 start, and guess who is changing pro football this year.

In Buffalo the OC is always to blame. I can't remember an OC here who wasn't blamed. 

6 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Not to mention we had an OC named Greg Roman who Wrecks decided to fire after an 0-2 start, and guess who is changing pro football this year.

I believe Rex fired him after the night game against the Jets when his defense got scorched by Fitz.  

36 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Well almost nothing would still be more than Williams contributed in his 2nd and 3rd game active. Think it was one catch in the two games.

Yet Foster has been active every week and Duke a few games.  Duke has doubled Fosters production.

4 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

1) Daboll is horribly insipid.

2) Some sub standard WRs & TEs have trouble catching the ball

3) The QB hasn’t ONCE dropped over the shoulder balls, on a dime, to his Receivers, like Joe Burrow did 5 x in one HALF yesterday! 

Simply, not very good.

Saw Sweeney and Williams catch some balls today that our starters haven;t many times this year.

Edited by BearNorth

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

We haven't had a top 10 offense since 2003, got to blame someone & the OC is the only consistent. 

The constant was a lack of QB and offensive talent to go with it. Hopefully that has changed , but we’re not out of the woods completely yet. 

• Like (+1) 1