MNF: Baltimore at LA Rams

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

Are the ravens in a position where they MUST sign Greg Roman to the largest coordinator deal ever??? Do you play him more than Harbaugh, to ensure he’s there to continue the offensive design around Lamar Jackson?

no.  The next OC with Jackson can have the same result

1 minute ago, bills6969 said:

Rams D is bad.  What happened to Donald? 

They’re double teaming him on every play and everyone else just spazzes out when the Ravens hike the football. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

They're both horrible. Worst ever.  Last week they slobbered over BAD Mahomes passes. It was embarrassing. 

Its awful. Almost to the point where I'm going to have start watching chiefs and Ravens games on mute. 

Although I don't mind booger as much, it's the main guy who is absolutely unbearable. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Just wondering our match up next week with them. Does faster LBS and a better secondary helps vs this team Ravens? 

It will be an interesting match-up in that we have a pair of athletic safeties who can tackle.  Also Edmunds & Milano seem to have the physical tools to matcgh up well with this offense.  Though after this game I could see Lorenzo hanging it up saying "screw this, I'm to old for this sh!!.

And I don't think a better secondary is needed to stop Jackson's passing game.  I can't recall a game where he's had to fit the ball into tight coverage.  His forte is fooling the DB's into thinking he might run then hitting wide open receivers.

Even when Jackson is in the shotgun spread EVERY pass is a play action pass.  Because of the threat that he's just going to tuck the ball and hit a hole safeties have to look at him.  And that leads to open receivers.  My guess is that the way to defense the Ravens is to have a couple of big & fast safeties who can lay a wallop on a ball carrier and a D that lines up in a 3 - 4 with fast athletic LB's that can tackle in space. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Yup

All those big $$ DL are built to rush the QB not take on run blocks and smash into RBs every play

It wears you down

It’s the LB’s too. They are built to cover, not stuff the run. It’s how the Patriots win Super Bowls, they adapt and do what teams are not ready for. Staying ahead of the game. It’s a passing league you say? They pounded us into the earth with a run heavy offense to which we had no response. A step ahead......

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lafleur and the Pack looked great yesterday 

A little short sighted, no?  The Packers are 8-3, on top of the NFC north, and are much better than some thought they would be with a new coach and offensive system.  Plus their defense is legit for the first time in years.  It is odd that Green Bay struggles when playing in Calif.  Wonder what happens if they play the Raiders in Oakland.

1 minute ago, DCbillsfan said:

Anyone have any idea on how to stop Ravens offense?  I'm thinking stack the box and put Tre White on Hollywood Brown.  

Heavy reliance on the CB's.

I expect them to target Wallace, and it would not be pretty.

3 TE's is also going to be tough to cover.

I'm definitely no defensive expert.  But, I would have my DE's focus on Jackson on the RPO and fake like their taking the RB and hope Lamar keeps the ball.  The DEs focus on Lamar and outside containment and tackle him if he keeps it.  If he hands off, hope the DTs and LBs fill their gaps.  However, if the middle keeps getting gashed, what can you do?

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They were exposed by the Bears and Eagles before the SB. Goff hasn’t looked good since. 

Maybe. I’m certainly no Goff fan. But they scored 30 and 26 in back to back playoff games against the Cowboys and Saints, respectively. Granted, they were gifted the Super Bowl appearance, but they were cruising again until that Super Bowl. 

6 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Anyone have any idea on how to stop Ravens offense?  I'm thinking stack the box and put Tre White on Hollywood Brown.  

Muddle rush with nobody leaving gaping open running lanes.  Stack the box.  Man coverage with White on Brown. 

Use Edmunds to shadow Jackson and delay blitz on pass plays while the DL tries to keep him in the pocket. 

Might see Siran Neal out there over Lorax for his speed and athleticism. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2