MNF: Baltimore at LA Rams

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Or Edmunds.   He's athletic enough, and even though that leaves the Bills' D weaker up the middle against the run, Jackson's like 40% of Baltimore's rushing yards, so it probably evens out.

Jackson can probably beat Edmunds to the edge more often than not. You almost have to use Poyer and a big nickel while scoring a lot early to keep Ingram under 200 yards. 

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

The argument I’ve heard is that going 3 years in today’s NFL without a single 300 yard game is not only alarming it’s actually kind of amazing. 

No one has ever said you need to throw for 300 yards or you suck. Or you can’t win without 300. 

So stop misrepresenting a point then making fun of it so self-satisfactorily. Just a suggestion. 

I'm not misrepresenting anything.  Many here, whether you want to admit it or not, have this 300 yd bench mark for success.  Look around, I'm not the only one poking fun at it.  If you are offended, that's something you have to deal with...just a suggestion.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

Does Harbaugh hate McVeigh or something? Why is he running it up so bad? 

He's treating the game like a scrimmage at this point.  RGIII is getting some much needed work.

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Tackling L Jackson in the open field isn’t easy. That’d be a start, but no one seems able to do it. Makes the whole thing go. 

Isn't that just it?

Blitz him and try to pressure him into making an errant throw while also hopefully sacking him and hitting him enough to make him a little shaky.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I'm not representing anything.  Many here, whether you want to admit it or not, have this 300 yd bench mark for success.  Look around, I'm not the only one poking fun at it.  If you are offended, that's something you have to deal with...just a suggestion.

Yes you (and others) are completely misrepresenting the problem people have with no 300 yard game under McDermott (and beyond). 

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Isn't that just it?

Blitz him and try to pressure him into making an errant throw while also hopefully sacking him and hitting him enough to make him a little shaky.

It all stops upfront in my opinion.  You have to clog the middle.  The DE's need to attack Lamar on the RPO, and if he hands the ball off, hope the DTs and LBs fulfill their gap assignments.  If Lamar keeps the ball, DEs need to be in position to contain and tackle.  However, if you can't stop the run up the middle, it's worthless.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

It all stops upfront in my opinion.  You have to clog the middle.  The DE's need to attack Lamar on the RPO, and if he hands the ball off, hope the DTs and LBs fulfill their gap assignments.  If Lamar keeps the ball, DEs need to be in position to contain and tackle.  However, if you can't stop the run up the middle, it's worthless.

Am DE like.....Aaron Donald you mean?  Bills don't have any of those...not that it matters

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

KC gave up over 500 yards and 28 points

KC and Baltimore are built as offences your most likely not going to stop, your going to have to out gun them in a shoot out to have a chance

The Bills are built the opposite way, they need the defence to stop the other team and hold them down so that the offence can win with a couple scores.

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

Yes you (and others) are completely misrepresenting the problem people have with no 300 yard game under McDermott (and beyond). 

i thought the goal of the game was to get the ball over the opponent's goal line or through their uprights.  Damn, I stand corrected...you're right, it's all about 300 yd games with 3pts.  

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Jackson can probably beat Edmunds to the edge more often than not. You almost have to use Poyer and a big nickel while scoring a lot early to keep Ingram under 200 yards. 

So you're saying that if you use Edmunds as a spy, Jackson will...Beat It?  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

KC and Baltimore are built as offences your most likely not going to stop, your going to have to out gun them in a shoot out to have a chance

The Bills are built the opposite way, they need the defence to stop the other team and hold them down so that the offence can win with a couple scores.

The Baltimore Defense is very very good.

Given the Bills problems stopping the run, I’d guess that Harbaugh dusts off this gameplan in a couple weeks. Bills better put their big boy pants on. If they’re not prepared to play old school slug it out football it could get out of control fast. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The whole team seems to have a propensity for tackling like droopy-eyed armless children.

We've given up 18 tds on d. Only the Pats and Niners have given up less. I'll take it.

Edited by Dopey

3 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Agree.  You probably want to blitz as little as possible to try and take everything behind the LOS away, and just rush four.  I don't think we have the DE's to pull this off; this is the problem with a DB centric defensive approach.

• Like (+1) 1