Bills @ Cowboys, Thanksgiving Day - 4:30

whatdrought

16 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I'll admit, I'm jaded in these prime time games, getting up for them, then having my heart ripped out....***** it.  The entire Country is going to see a curb stomping , most likely leading the firing of Garrett.

Now that's the spirit!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

YES - Dallas is the home team (BUT) they just had to catch a PLANE and fly 1551 miles to get HOME.

So, they had to travel to get to their own HOME game.

MANY Thursday Night Home teams are ALREADY HOME!

Edited by cd1

52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Usually if the opponent message board is like this they end up winning by 35 touchdowns 

I own an operate a gym with just over 300 members so I run into a lot of different fans throughout my long days here...… the handful of cowboys fans here that I like to talk smack with are in full on Eeyore mode. 3 of them already said they are taking the bills +7.5. HAHA.

Image result for eeyore gif

17 minutes ago, cd1 said:

YES - Dallas is the home team (BUT) they just had to catch a PLANE and fly 1551 miles to get HOME.

So, they had to travel to get to their own HOME game.

MANY Thursday Night Home teams are ALREADY HOME!

We are talking past each other....lets just move on.

Early betting is 56-44% on the Bills. I love the Bills being underdogs, as i usually only bet ML underdogs. 

Have had a really good year by hitting a couple monster parleys using Moneyline underdogs, and just placed 30% of my winnings this year on the Bills moneyline at +250.

2 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Jason Garrett has a record of 4 wins and 5 losses in the Thanksgiving game since he took over ... so not a big advantage. Oh and the Cowboys have opened as a 6.5 pt favorite .... that seems a lot.

I dug this up, but no real pattern emerges, other than the Cowboys have not dominated...

Thanksgiving games, last 8 years:

Cowboys record:  4-4      
Cowboys when at home the week prior:   1-2
Cowboys when away the week prior:  3-2  
Opponents when at home the week prior:  3-4
Opponents when away the week prior: 1-0

I'm so excited for this game!  

If I was a betting man, I'd go Dallas, but the Bills are game!  Allen is improving and Devin seems to be hitting his stride.

Cooper, Gallup, Cobb and the tight ends will be the biggest test that this secondary has seen all year.

Let's see what our boys are made of.

29 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I dug this up, but no real pattern emerges, other than the Cowboys have not dominated...

Thanksgiving games, last 8 years:

Cowboys record: 4-4      
Cowboys when at home the week prior:   1-2
Cowboys when away the week prior:  3-2  
Opponents when at home the week prior:  3-4
Opponents when away the week prior: 1-0

Yep.  Their Turkey Day record is pretty meh.   Their only wins during this stretch came against Miami (2011) who was 3-8 at the time, Oakland (2013) who was 4-8 at the time, Minnesota (2016) who was 6-6 and Washington (2018) who was 6-5.   

Nevertheless, I still don't think the Bills take this one.     While they're getting better, they're not skilled / experienced enough to win a "national" spotlight road game, IMO.   I anticipate a lot of penalties and a few turnovers, which will cause TSW to once again explode like after the Pats and Browns games... 

8 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

If you’ve never heard Mike Lombardi talk about The Clapper get on it! Falling on the Floor funny, as he describes the Red Headed Stepchild as the most eunuched HC in the NFL!

8D570A9A-2434-491B-8CC0-E58D2FD6F559.jpeg

You mean this savage take right here?

Two years ago, I nicknamed Garrett “The Clapper” because it was apparent to me that all he does is clap. His impact on the team is non-existent; in a sense, he does not impact the offense, defense, or the kicking game. The television cameras are always showing him, yet he never looks at the Microsoft Surface to examine what happened in the game; we never really see him looking at the play clips, huddling with the players during a break in the action, or scanning a call sheet, and we never even really see him needing to cover his mouth because he rarely speaks. The television people don’t have to look for him as he is always in the same spot. Also, I don’t think I’ve ever heard any player say, “Garrett made me better, he showed me how to play the game.” Nor do I notice any variances in his schemes from game to game, which would demonstrate Garrett’s involvement.

The Cowboys are the same each week, they rely on talent to win, they rely on players to play well. But they don’t do the little things to help make a player better. A recent example is how they didn’t help wide receiver Amari Cooper get away from Patriots corner Stephon Gilmore on Sunday. Garrett had to know that Belichick’s number one objective each week is to take away his opponent’s number one receiver. He was not going to allow Cooper to have a big day. If receiver Randall Cobb or tight end Jason Witten played well and caused the Patriots to lose, then Belichick would accept the consequences. But if Cooper had a big day and was the reason why the Patriots lost, Belichick would not be able to live with himself. Garrett has to know this! I mean, come on … even if he didn’t read my book Gridiron Genius —  which details how Belichick draws up his game plan every week — Garrett had to know Belichick’s gameplan. It’s common knowledge. So if Garrett knew beforehand, why didn’t he find creative ways to allow Cooper to escape Gilmore? Why didn’t he do something to help his receiver? Do you think the Patriots or 49ers would let the opponent take away the best player without knowing the adjustments beforehand?

And why did quarterback Dak Prescott have to put on a glove in the second quarter because of the steady rain affecting the footballs? Do you think the Cowboys practiced with frozen footballs drenched in water? Of course not … but the Patriots did. The answers to both questions are Garrett never prepares for the situation; he only can react.

I like the Bills chances in this game should the Bills take the lead and keep it, along with Daboll up in the booth.

With Daboll on the sidelines and the Cowboys getting the lead I see the run game going out the window and then Daboll calling 40+ pass plays...

I'm really hoping for the former and Singletary having another 100 yard game rushing. Pretty sure there is one Buffalo Bill who is hoping to have 100 yards receiving with a TD or two. ;)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I like the Bills chances in this game should the Bills take the lead and keep it, along with Daboll up in the booth.

With Daboll on the sidelines and the Cowboys getting the lead I see the run game going out the window and then Daboll calling 40+ pass plays...

I'm really hoping for the former and Singletary having another 100 yard game rushing. Pretty sure there is one Buffalo Bill who is hoping to have 100 yards receiving with a TD or two. ;)

I just hope they don't get stupid and try and force the guy the ball if it isn't there just because he wants to show up his former team.  I don't believe they would just saying 

Edited by Scott7975

4 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Think it was a couple of years before that actually.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199411240det.htm

I don’t write them I just post them.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/cole-beasley-leaving-dallas-weird-185339959.html

SportsPulse: In a one-on-one with USA TODAY Sports, Buffalo Bills wide receiver Cole Beasley opens about heading back to Dallas for Thanksgiving and reveals how 'weird' negotiations were with the Cowboys during his free agency.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You mean this savage take right here?

Two years ago, I nicknamed Garrett “The Clapper” because it was apparent to me that all he does is clap. His impact on the team is non-existent; in a sense, he does not impact the offense, defense, or the kicking game. The television cameras are always showing him, yet he never looks at the Microsoft Surface to examine what happened in the game; we never really see him looking at the play clips, huddling with the players during a break in the action, or scanning a call sheet, and we never even really see him needing to cover his mouth because he rarely speaks. The television people don’t have to look for him as he is always in the same spot. Also, I don’t think I’ve ever heard any player say, “Garrett made me better, he showed me how to play the game.” Nor do I notice any variances in his schemes from game to game, which would demonstrate Garrett’s involvement.

The Cowboys are the same each week, they rely on talent to win, they rely on players to play well. But they don’t do the little things to help make a player better. A recent example is how they didn’t help wide receiver Amari Cooper get away from Patriots corner Stephon Gilmore on Sunday. Garrett had to know that Belichick’s number one objective each week is to take away his opponent’s number one receiver. He was not going to allow Cooper to have a big day. If receiver Randall Cobb or tight end Jason Witten played well and caused the Patriots to lose, then Belichick would accept the consequences. But if Cooper had a big day and was the reason why the Patriots lost, Belichick would not be able to live with himself. Garrett has to know this! I mean, come on … even if he didn’t read my book Gridiron Genius —  which details how Belichick draws up his game plan every week — Garrett had to know Belichick’s gameplan. It’s common knowledge. So if Garrett knew beforehand, why didn’t he find creative ways to allow Cooper to escape Gilmore? Why didn’t he do something to help his receiver? Do you think the Patriots or 49ers would let the opponent take away the best player without knowing the adjustments beforehand?

And why did quarterback Dak Prescott have to put on a glove in the second quarter because of the steady rain affecting the footballs? Do you think the Cowboys practiced with frozen footballs drenched in water? Of course not … but the Patriots did. The answers to both questions are Garrett never prepares for the situation; he only can react.

Indeed!

And that’s a modest take.

Some Bills’ fans take on some of us that are critical of the various OBD idiotic moves of the Millenium. They have NO idea of the savagery that goes on against the HC, GM or Owners of other franchises! 

14 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I just hope they don't get stupid and try and force the guy the ball if it isn't there just because he wants to show up his former team.  I don't believe they would just saying 

This.

While I wanted Gore to get the #3, I felt as though we gave up a couple of series way too fast and easily while trying to get him those few yards. I wanted us to keep our foot on the gas and the rushing yards would come. 

I hope they don't force Beasley the ball trying to make a point. 

57 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I wouldn't expect a firing this late in the season... at least not one on such a short week.

I'm thinking if we kick their ass on Thursday, Jerry might very well let him go. Jerry is pretty pissed and made it clear he thought the coaching was the biggest issue. That last FG by Dallas was ridiculous. They would still need a TD to win it. They should have planned to go for it on 4th down. If they had, the previous plays would/should have been different. Jerry is still pissed about the Jets loss too and I get the feeling he thinks we are inferior to them too. It'll be interesting if we beat them and Garrett makes another boneheaded decision or two.

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I'm thinking if we kick their ass on Thursday, Jerry might very well let him go. Jerry is pretty pissed and made it clear he thought the coaching was the biggest issue. That last FG by Dallas was ridiculous. They would still need a TD to win it. They should have planned to go for it on 4th down. If they had, the previous plays would/should have been different. Jerry is still pissed about the Jets loss too and I get the feeling he thinks we are inferior to them too. It'll be interesting if we beat them and Garrett makes another boneheaded decision or two.

I could see it happening.  I just don't think it would happen on a short week like this.

37 minutes ago, LVGrown said:

This.

While I wanted Gore to get the #3, I felt as though we gave up a couple of series way too fast and easily while trying to get him those few yards. I wanted us to keep our foot on the gas and the rushing yards would come. 

I hope they don't force Beasley the ball trying to make a point. 

I didn't get the impression they were force feeding Gore to get him the record. Gore averaged 4.3 yards per carry while that was short of Singletary's 5 yards per-carry it certainly was still a good clip (and considering that Gore was used in short yardage situations that number is naturally deflated.) 

I think they trusted Gore as they ran the game down to not fumble the ball. I don't think they particularly were just trying to get him a record. As far as Beasley goes I don't think it would be bad if the forced him a bit since at times he is under targeted (He should get 7-10 targets a game, far too many games where he is below that mark.