Move Daboll to the box

6 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Was in the stadium and haven't watched the telecast.  Was Daboll berating Allen yesterday on camera?

yes and josh was crying and asking for his blankie

i guess i would hope our QB can handle being yelled at by a fat bald guy

dabol has drawn up some clutch plays here and there, but his overall game plans seem to fall apart badly.  w the iggles today you saw a really smart game plan that we failed to stop at all.  dabol does not seem to have a feel for the flow of the game nor has he established any bread and butter than he can go back too repeatedly.

part of that is a lack of a serious WR who can convert 50/50 balls, part of that is our OL just not being consistent, but it feels like he doesn't make things easy for our team.

PFF thru week 8     OL  ranking

Eagles    #2      no wonder they had a good running game

Bills        #20

Redskins  #15

Richie is rated high  and Cody Ford low.  I wonder if Jon Feliciano and Ford could switch positions ?

Edited by ALF

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 5:02 PM, Mr. WEO said:

Larry Brown coached and won at every level.  Daboll is  the guy in the back row of every team staff picture ("from left...").

Every coach is that guy, until they’re not. Nobody starts at the top.

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Keep him up in the Box. This was the best I have seen the offense look in a long while. 

Amen to this. He seems to see the field better and call a better game from up there. We'll see if it continues. 

• Like (+1) 1

While it was against Miami, I did see a lot more conventional play calling. They threw a couple screens, couple pop passes, even had some seam routes working. Singletary got his 15 touches. He still had a couple throw away drives. Don't like to see 3 pass plays called when you're up. Should've remained balanced since Miami was struggling to stop the run with Singletary in there. But overall it looked much better. Just need to do it 7 more times this year and we're golden.

42 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Allen’s best game of the year and maybe as a pro. 

He finally executed the plays. Dabolls been doing this all season.

1 minute ago, billspro said:

Seemed to make a huge difference today

Only difference I saw was Josh actually executed the plays properly.

27 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Not sure I’d say Daboll being in the box was the difference maker but if our offense continues to play well then he should stay up there.

It was either that or the fact we played a bottom 3 tanking team that played flat most of the day.

Not sure which though.

:huh:

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It was either that or the fact we played a bottom 3 tanking team that played flat most of the day.

You predicted Allen to have 3 turnovers today. So which is it? Did we exceed your expectations or were your expectations stupid? Me, I think both.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Not sure which though.

:huh:

I wouldn’t draw conclusions from playing one of the worst teams in the league. If the trend continues then perhaps there’s something to it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wppete said:

I like the guy that commented that he wanted to look like Richard Jewell, in honor of the movie coming out. Spot on.

1 hour ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Whether he's on the sidelines or in the box, he should stop calling running plays on almost every first down.  When you're predictable, other teams love you. 

If he doesn't call runs on first down then they end up with around 8 carries total in the game.

Edited by vincec
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I wouldn’t draw conclusions from playing one of the worst teams in the league. If the trend continues then perhaps there’s something to it.

Flores is not too shabby of a defensive coach, you can draw some conclusions that the adjustments the Bills made for Allen and the offense were effective. Particularly against the pressure/overload packages defenses have been using on 3rd down to rattle Allen.

I think we caught a break with some of their injuries, but that's just the way it goes as the season progresses - guys get dinged.

14 hours ago, MDH said:

Every coach is that guy, until they’re not. Nobody starts at the top.

Well, if I was claiming that, you would be correct.  But I didn't. My comment was specific to Daboll, a guy who, when he stepped out of some very deep shadows, produced worse than mediocre results.