Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Ugly, but not as ugly as last week.

First off, those uniforms are great. All blue is snazzy as heck.

Secondly, maybe I'm misremembering, but I don't recall the Bills ever losing in the current blue-on-blue since they debuted them against GB in 2014. 

They beat GB in them in 2014

They beat the Jets in them in 2015

Allen hung 42 on Miami in them last year 

Anyone remember any others?

EDIT: now that I think about it they lost to Cinci in them in 2015

Edited by thebandit27

2 hours ago, eball said:

All of this “worrying” about the Iggles being “pissed off” and particularly motivated for this game is hilarious. They are what they are. If they play well, Buffalo will also have to play well, but thinking a team playing its third game in a row on the road will be “extra” hungry for this one is some serious BBFS. You know what? I think the Bills are extra hungry as well because they know they need to keep pace with the Pats***.

If we allow ourselves for a few moments to believe the Bills are actually a good team we don’t “worry” about a game like this. 

I think Thurman or Talley said it best on WGR one day.  That anger only lasts a series.  After that, it’s business as usual.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think Thurman or Talley said it best on WGR one day.  That anger only lasts a series.  After that, it’s business as usual.

The eagles seem to be to be a divided locker room and a group that isn’t united toward one goal. There just isn’t cohesion you typically need hot team success. Whatever happened, whether it be coaches or players, it’s affecting their play. Winning cures all though so if they can get this win and head into the bye week at .500 in a division that is up for grabs, things could turn around. 

• Like (+1) 1

Tricky game for the Bills this Sunday. The Eagles arguably are the second most talented team the Bills have faced this season (which speaks volumes to the weakness of the Bills schedule thus far) so this isn’t a game that the Bills should be looking for a blowout in. 

However the Eagles are a very flawed team not playing that well at the moment. For one their o-line has been mostly mediocre this season. Their WR core banged up and ineffective. Their running backs not getting it done. And Wentz isn’t playing well either. But the Eagles still poses offensive talent. Ertz is still a good tight end, Jeffery a big receiver that could do a lot of damage, Jordan Howard a solid between the tackles runner, DeSean Jackson could also make a difference with big plays if he plays, and their O-line isn’t tragic. 

I think the defenses effectiveness is going to come from the D-line winning the line of scrimmage against the Eagles O-line. If Wentz has time and Howard gets some room the Eagles will be able to move the ball. Defensively the Eagles are a mess. Their secondary is among the worst in the league and their pass rush/front 7 is mid-level. You can get away with a subpar secondary if you have a lot of good pass rushers and solid LB play. The Eagles front 7 is not bad but it is far from elite as it has been in the past. 

So if Josh gets time he should be able to put up points against this horrid secondary. Overall like most games it is going to be won along the line of scrimmage. Luckily I think the Bills are better on both side of the ball in the trenches. But things can get tricky if on even one side of the ball the Eagles hold the trenches. 

• Like (+1) 3

Didn't see this

Quinton Spain on injury report

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/bills-guard-quinton-spain-misses-practice-foot-injury

I hope it's a good sign that Duke Williams and Corey Thompson were practicing, albeit "limited"

Also hope it's a good sign Matt Milano out there, again though still "limited"

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He says no surprises besides Pat DiMarco but I am surprised by Spain.  What happened there?

4 hours ago, BILLSCRAZY3024 said:

This game makes me hella nervous. The eagles desperately need a win and they will come ready and willing to do anything to get the win. Bills need to play lights out like they haven’t been able to this far. Bills need to keep winning out from now on and beat these lower level losing teams. 

Is there any game on the Bills schedule that isn't going to make some fans sweat? Dolphins, Redskins, Broncos, just show up and play like you can.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Jamie Nails said:

It was the Vick game. They were heavy favorites and we won on the hard count at the end of the game. Pretty sure we picked him multiple times including Barnett to the house. 

we beat Philly soundly that game. I was there

On 10/21/2019 at 10:40 AM, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

For crying out loud, I've been hearing how passer rating is the best way to rate a QB for weeks on here. Now, Allen has a great one and its near meaningless. SMDH

Haven’t ya heard, it’s  all about passing for 300 yards in a game now!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

I was just thinking something similar. It seems to come from the perception that the Eagles are a good but underachieving team, but it’s at least as likely IMO that they simply aren’t very good. Even if they are extra desperate for a win, thats just as likely to make them press too hard, make mistakes, and psych themselves out as it is to make them come out gangbusters firing on all cylinders.

Gentle reminder to those performing Last Rites on the Iggles. They are less than 1& a half seasons removed from winning a Super Bowl over the Evil Empire with a back up QB. This isn’t a ‘We got this!’ game. It’s going to be a brawl and may the toughest dog win.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Gentle reminder to those performing Last Rites on the Iggles. They are less than 1& a half seasons removed from winning a Super Bowl over the Evil Empire with a back up QB. This isn’t a ‘We got this!’ game. It’s going to be a brawl and may the toughest dog win.

The Falcons are also a couple seasons removed from playing in the Super Bowl.  

I don’t think very many posters are taking them lightly.  If anything, most posters are like you, warning everyone not to take them lightly.  

Im certainly not doing that..  Even with their injuries, they’ve experienced big games and have Wentz, Jeffery and Ertz.  

This game would probably do a lot for the National perspective of the Bills given the Eagles name recognition but it’s just as likely that everyone declares Philadelphia another bad team if we drop them to 3-5. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The Falcons are also a couple seasons removed from playing in the Super Bowl.  

I don’t think very many posters are taking them lightly.  If anything, most posters are like you, warning everyone not to take them lightly.  

Im certainly not doing that.  Even with their injuries, they’ve experiences big games and have Wentz, Jeffery and Ertz.  

This game would probably do a lot for the National perspective of the Bills given the Eagles name recognition, but it’s just as likely that everyone declares them just another bad team if they fall to 3-5. 

Ertz will give the Bills a headache. Hope Milano is a go on Sunday.

Few things I think from watching the Eagles a little:

Running up the middle will be tough, but Singletary and McKenzie to the sidelines can work because the Eagles give up contain frequently.  

RAC will be there as the Eagles take bad tackling angles in their secondary, so maybe the backs going with short passes and not hammer them against the green wall.

Josh should be able score with a run to the perimeter if needed in the red zone.

Josh needs to get rid of the ball quick, they're coming...again RAC will be there so let the guys make plays.

Carson will make big plays and a few key mistakes, they can play patient and manage this game on offense.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Hmmm...feel like I read some type of similar warning prior to the week 3 game against the Bengals that was supposed to be a blowout and ended up a last-minute win.

But thankfully someone was kind enough to tell the moron that said that to shut his trap.

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Gentle reminder to those who don't watch the Eagles:

This team is garrrrrbo. It's missing several key contributors from  that team, is the oldest team in the league, is suffering from internal strife and has been absolutely SMOKED on the regular this season.

;)

https://sports.yahoo.com/eagles-face-critical-matchup-surging-035058881.html

Eagles face critical matchup with surging Bills

Reuters•October 23, 2019

The Philadelphia Eagles will be attempting to snap a two-game losing streak when they travel to upstate New York to face the Buffalo Bills on Sunday.

After improving to 3-2, the Eagles have since dropped road games to the Minnesota Vikings and Dallas Cowboys to fall below .500. The culmination of a three-game road trip has suddenly turned into a crucial game if the Eagles hope to play in the postseason.

The Eagles were dismantled handily 37-10 last Sunday night at NFC East rival Dallas.

One of their biggest problems......

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

And they are a month removed from having beaten the Packers, one of the best teams in the league, in Green Bay.

people mentioning Ertz left and right, but BOTH tight ends can be a real problem for us. Goedert is a really good TE and would likely be TE 1 for most of the NFL (including us). Their TEs have me worried more than anything in this game. They run a lot of 2 TE sets. Hoping Leslie has something in store to solve this problem, even IF Milano plays (gonna be wet, will they risk him like they havent others this year in these conditions?) we will have our hands full containing their TEs.

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

With all due respect, being removed from the superbowl means nothing.  It is a week to week league.  We saw it last week.  I get your point though

10 hours ago, Augie said:

I pray he works out! I’m very encouraged!  It’s very hard not to love that guy! 

I was thinking the same thing. I have never wanted a player to succeed as badly as I hope he is the answer for the next 10 plus years. I love his talent on the field when things are clicking and I love how active he is in this community.  Go Josh and Go Bills!!!

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I was thinking the same thing. I have never wanted a player to succeed as badly as I hope he is the answer for the next 10 plus years. I love his talent on the field when things are clicking and I love how active he is in this community.  Go Josh and Go Bills!!!

It’s the NEW NFL, lets make it 20+!     ?

Yeah, I can be a greedy SOB! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This one is all on Allen.  Eagles have been very tough to run on all year.  I'm not too worried about their offense, it might click, but they way they've been playing this year they'll get chewed up by our D.  If Allen turns the ball over and has trouble sustaining drives, we are in big trouble, but if he's able to take advantage of a secondary the entire league has been feasting on then I think we get the win.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s the NEW NFL, lets make it 20+!     ?

Yeah, I can be a greedy SOB! 

Funny. I am in my 50’s, and you just made me imagine myself in my 70’s, having grandkids and still watching Josh Allen win games for the Buffalo Bills.  That would be crazy but cool!

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Funny. I am in my 50’s, and you just made me imagine myself in my 70’s, having grandkids and still watching Josh Allen win games for the Buffalo Bills.  That would be crazy but cool!

I doubt I could even name all the QB’s over the last 20 years. Let’s make that easier over the next 20! Josh Allen! 

• Like (+1) 1

Fitz and Wentz playin about the same these days.  Flashing some pretty throws and a few head scratchers.

We know how our defense does without Milano, so thats a concern.  Hammy's are so tough because you can't really look at imaging, it's a huge muscle with over-stretched or torn fibers and they can be 2 weeks or 10 weeks. 

Our edge rush is kinda lukewarm this year but we can push the pocket and flush qb's.

I've watched Philly twice, they're streaky but can score points.  Fletcher Cox didn't look his usual dominant self in the games I saw.

It'll be a wet, smashmouth game.   I say Frank Gore and Josh do enough damage on the ground to win this one.

P.s.  lets run a few screen plays for the Motor and lets hit on a long ball for Josh Allens mojo

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/week-8-fantasy-football-qb-rankings-a-blowup-game-in-store-for-josh-allen-211457604.html

Week 8 fantasy football QB rankings: A blow-up game in store for Josh Allen? 

Josh Allen has quietly been one of the more productive quarterbacks in fantasy, and in Week 8, he gets a sneaky good matchup