Luck retiring

12 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Maybe a year off would do it. Gotta feel bad for Reich, he had a helluva team that was contending. Not thinking Jacoby is going to get them there.

If any NFL HC gets this, I’d bet it’s Reich. He’s just that good of a person, from all accounts. 

9 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I live in the Indy metro area.  Your comment about the city is BS.  Buffalo (Sabres) can write a book about rolling over and tanking!

I have never seen a worse tank than the 1 year that the Colts lost Manning. Even when Brady went down, the Pats were competitive with Matt Cassel. The Colts just curled up and died.

as to the city itself, it’s a basketball town first and foremost. If they’re not winning in football, they’re going to have a really hard time filling seats. Nothing wrong with that— it’s just not a football town. I’ve actually never heard a native of Indy disagree with that (and I used to live there and have otherwise spent a lot of time there).

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t doubt he’s hurt. 

I do not think it’s a career ending injury beyond him deciding he’s tired of dealing with injuries. 

The reason he’s dealt with injury in this way was in part the colts fault. 

He has still made the decision not to come back. I would be shocked if doctors told him he cannot rehab and should retire. There’s nothing wrong with making the choice but that’s very much a choice and shouldn’t be lumped in with career ending catastrophic injuries. 

I agree with all of this except I'm disappointed he would wait until now to do this

4 minutes ago, dubs said:

Cant really blame the guy

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more than it does.

I.E., a guy with millions of dollars in his pocket just walking away from the game before he has to so as to enjoy the good life and preserve his health.  Being the star QB of an NFL football team is a high pressure way of life.  

Andrew Luck at the podium right now!

Hardest decision in his life.  

Endless cycle of injury, pain, rehab, unceasing and unrelenting.

In season and off season.

he felt stuck in it, only way he sees out is to no longer play football.

His joy of the game has gone.

Now he's crying so he stopped talking for a moment.

Luck just DID spend a year away in 2017, so I doubt he comes back. He probably labored through last season having realized in 2017 that he had other passions to explore.

Colts won't be as bad as people expect. Good team. Good coaching. No more Luck concerns hanging over their head.

Luck... The would-be Hall of Famer.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

It's the Colts own fault. The were embarrassing protecting him. If they choose to tank and go after Lawrence, there's no way Trevor will want to go to this mess.

Lawrence is a true Sophomore. Tua, Herbert, Fromm this year

4 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Colts fans boo Luck off the field tonight. I seriously hope they go on a spell of 50 years without having another franchise QB.

Please tell me they didn’t do that! That’s up there with eagles fans 

The timing is crazy, but the kid worked his cohones off for 2+ years to come back from an injury that was caused by the team's total lack of investment in the OL and exacerbated by their utterly negligent handling of his recovery.

At some point, a guy has to make a choice between football and quality of life.

• Like (+1) 1

now he's thanking Jim IRsay; grateful to have been drafted there.

He can't fathom an owner loving his team as much as Irsay.

From the time he arrived in Indy, he felt like he could be himself and didn't have to fill the shoes of Peyton.

6 minutes ago, par73 said:

Not shocking, if you think about it. Frustrated and worn down by the injuries, and doesn't need the NFL (will do fine with his Stanford education in the "real" world).

I’d, unfortunately, bet that in front office circles this will reinforce the notion that guys with other life options are less valuable to a franchise

im also curious in player circles if this will have anyone think twice about themselves (it’s one thing when a mediocre guy walks but a franchise player?!?)

I am sad that the Andrew Luck civil war Twitter account will be dead... 

Andrew Luck himself who really cares just one less team to worry about. Let him spend the money he stole from the NFL. I wish I could be lucky. Albert Haynesworth, Vontae Davis type *****.

Edited by Boca BIlls