One Bills Live was hilarious today.

One Bills Live was hilarious today. Despite the strong and widespread reports that AB essentially nixed the trade, Murph and Tasker continued to deny it and scolded every caller who mentioned it. It was embarrassing. Damage control straight from OBD. Clearly trying to control the message. They also claimed that there is not a stigma around Buffalo despite the flogging the city took from the media and NFL players during this ordeal. Interesting that as soon as Bulldog came on, the message was totally different.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

One Bills Live was hilarious today. Despite the strong and widespread reports that AB essentially nixed the trade, Murph and Tasker continued to deny it and scolded every caller who mentioned it. It was embarrassing. Damage control straight from OBD. Clearly trying to control the message. They also claimed that there is not a stigma around Buffalo despite the flogging the city took from the media and NFL players during this ordeal. Interesting that as soon as Bulldog came on, the message was totally different.

That's because there's zero evidence that he nixed anything.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can just as easily see Brown nixing the deal (for various reasons) as I can see the Bills nixing it because they didn't want to make him the highest-paid WR.  In the end I'm just glad it didn't happen.

• Like (+1) 9

12 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

We got mocked by every radio talk guy today. Cowherd, Stephen A, the local LA dudes.  

12 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

The clown that said it was a done deal tried to save face, claiming Brown nixed the deal.

Reports are coming out that the Bills were told AB wanted a new contract to be the highest paid receiver in the league.

Thats what nixed this trade.

Good on Beane. I’m glad this guys not coming here.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

I can just as easily see Brown nixing the deal (for various reasons) as I can see the Bills nixing it because they didn't want to make him the highest-paid WR.  In the end I'm just glad it didn't happen.

Ditto!

When friends at work told me traded for AB = I was like wow and why at the same time. AB is the 180* exact opposite of what I thought our coach and FO wants from our players.

Edited by Real McCoy

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Some fans will never be happy unless they can blame the Bills - strange, given the "fan" title they tout. :D

In the end, I'm with you.  I was excited to think of a talent like AB on the Bills, but definitely weary of him as a person and "me first" player...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Ditto!

When friends at work told me traded for AB = I was like wow and why at the same time. AB is the 180* exact opposite of what I thought our coach and FO wants from our players.

And yet they just made a hard play for him! 

Curious, to be sure.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Heitz said:

Some fans will never be happy unless they can blame the Bills - strange, given the "fan" title they tout. :D

In the end, I'm with you.  I was excited to think of a talent like AB on the Bills, but definitely weary of him as a person and "me first" player...

It's like some of them have been in a coma for the past several decades and never realized that certain players and coaches don't want to play in Buffalo.  And this this is an embarrassment. :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's like some of them have been in a coma for the past several decades and never realized that certain players and coaches don't want to play in Buffalo.  And this this is an embarrassment. :rolleyes:

Best take I've read (that basically echos what you're saying):

https://buffalonews.com/2019/03/08/buffalo-bills-antonio-brown-pittsburgh-steelers-brandon-beane-nfl-football/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Heitz said:

I don't really think anyone is blaming the Bills here. Either they didn't want to overpay or AB nixed the deal(FAR MORE LIKELY).

It doesn't really serve us well to deny the likely truth. Easier to move on as a city and an organization if you accept reality and do what you can to change it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Bills Blog said:

If I didnt know any better I would think you didnt like the show to begin with. I listed to 2 hours and your translation of the show couldnt be furether than the truth.

49 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We got mocked by every radio talk guy today. Cowherd, Stephen A, the local LA dudes.  

Who cares

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Ditto!

I guess they have built what they wanted to from the inside and know a Diva wont change what has been built form the inside. When the team is Chaos you cant add more distractions, AB is an outsider coming into a family who will kick his ass.

• Like (+1) 2

We got him: What an awesome move. Is Beane the best GM in football or what. Instant playoff team and super bowl contender.

We did not get him: He sucks anyway. He is a diva and on the downside of his career. His number are going to be awful this year, just see. We never wanted him anyway just trying to mess with Pit. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Who cares right? It doesn’t change the direction this team is heading and the so called experts dont know anything about the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Bills Blog said:

Thank you for sharing.  This is the type of show I need to listen to!

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Let me at ‘em!! I’ll tear them from limb to limb. 

Do you promise? Don’t back off if Stephen A starts yelling at you! That’s just how he talks. You can still kick his ass. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For heaven's sake, the location likely had nothing to do with the deal falling through. It is quite clear AB wanted way more money to show up than the Bills were prepared to offer. Maybe some team has promised him a better deal to go with lower draft compensation paid to the Steelers. Which can explain his recent actions to make himself look unattractive.

7 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

I feel like you view the message coming out around the Bills like Tiananmen square.

It's not that serious brah.

7 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Kinda hoping someone from the Bills sees it. It's hilarious that OBL claims to be anything but PR.

You have serious delusions of grandeur. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I feel like you view the message coming out around the Bills like Tiananmen square.

It's not that serious brah.

You have serious delusions of grandeur. 

Reps from the Bills regularly look at this board, dude. I don't think I have "serious delusions of grandeur."

Why do people feel the need to be so mean to each other...

10 hours ago, dlonce said:

The clown that said it was a done deal tried to save face, claiming Brown nixed the deal.

Reports are coming out that the Bills were told AB wanted a new contract to be the highest paid receiver in the league.

Thats what nixed this trade.

Good on Beane. I’m glad this guys not coming here.

Bills should have known that going in that Brown wanted a new deal so it shouldn’t have been a surprise.

12 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Oh go find a new team please.