Josh Allen challenges Pat Mahomes- Who can throw farther? (Barstool Radio interview)

One Buffalo

6 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

On the surface, this just sounds stupid and will, undoubtedly, open up Josh Allen to more criticism from his detractors imo.

I doubt it.

Allen's contributions to the conversation were two:

"oooooooooooh."

And "We could find out."

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

If this meant more wins, I'd have a remote interest. Accuracy, field vision, pocket awareness, ability to read a defense, timing are far more important than who can throw it father. I want to see Josh develop into our franchise QB, not another Lossman.

Dude... it's the offseason... allow a little fun, will ya?

Sylvester-Stallone-Facepalm.gif

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

They'll both end up making millions of dollars and living in a big ol’ mansion somewhere, soaking it up in a hot tub with their soul mate.

Soul mate or just one super hot chick after another.

Jimmy-Fallon-Booyah.gif

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

1.  I'd love to see it.

2.  This is a lose / lose for Allen.  If he lost, then one of the few positive, tangible, claims Bills fans make "Allen can throw it further than anybody!" would no longer be valid......and if Allen did win, it likely wouldn't be by much, and it would only serve to further highlight the obvious issues with passing acuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumen.  

He'd be better off just leaving things alone and letting Bills fans believe he has the biggest arm ever.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

1.  I'd love to see it.

2.  This is a lose / lose for Allen.  If he lost, then one of the few positive, tangible, claims Bills fans make "Allen can throw it further than anybody!" would no longer be valid......and if Allen did win, it likely wouldn't be by much, and it would only serve to further highlight the obvious issues with passing acuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumen.  

He'd be better off just leaving things alone and letting Bills fans believe he has the biggest arm ever.

This doesn't really make much sense I mean if he does somehow lose I doubt it's by much and like you said it's not the most important thing especially to the degree difference there probably is. If he wins, what the people that complain about his accuracy will continue to complain about it...I'd bet they keep doing that contest or not only it would be confirmed he can throw it further which sounds like a net positive to me.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

This doesn't really make much sense I mean if he does somehow lose I doubt it's by much and like you said it's not the most important thing especially to the degree difference there probably is. If he wins, what the people that complain about his accuracy will continue to complain about it...I'd bet they keep doing that contest or not only it would be confirmed he can throw it further which sounds like a net positive to me.

I've learned that you shouldn't use the word "Accuracy" when talking about Josh Allen.  Accuracy doesn't apply.  Use Acumen. Allen isn't inaccurate.....at least that's what i've read here.

I stand by what I said...if he wins..."wow, too bad he can't actually throw it to a target etc etc."  ....and if he loses. "not only is Pat Mahomes better in every statistical category, he can also throw it farther than Allen too!"   ....just let everyone wonder...Bills fans take some pride claiming to have the biggest arm QB in the NFL.....why do something that might change that?  

Frankly...there are videos out there, easy to find, show Mahomes throwing 70+ yards in the air...including one where he does 60 from his knees...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

I've learned that you shouldn't use the word "Accuracy" when talking about Josh Allen.  Accuracy doesn't apply.  Use Acumen. Allen isn't inaccurate.....at least that's what i've read here.

I stand by what I said...if he wins..."wow, too bad he can't actually throw it to a target etc etc."  ....and if he loses. "not only is Pat Mahomes better in every statistical category, he can also throw it farther than Allen too!"   ....just let everyone wonder...Bills fans take some pride claiming to have the biggest arm QB in the NFL.....why do something that might change that?  

Frankly...there are videos out there, easy to find, show Mahomes throwing 70+ yards in the air...including one where he does 60 from his knees...

Are you really saying that if he throws it further than Mahomes more people are going to spontaneously consider him inaccurate because that doesn't make any kind of rational sense. On the other side if Allen lost to Mahomes I wouldn't care because he's more than proven that he has one the strongest arms in the NFL so what's the big deal if he doesn't throw it quite as far as someone else in the running for strongest arm.

9 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

If this meant more wins, I'd have a remote interest. Accuracy, field vision, pocket awareness, ability to read a defense, timing are far more important than who can throw it father. I want to see Josh develop into our franchise QB, not another Lossman.

Hello Dr Sour Puss

LMAO at people taking this way to seriously and making more of it than it is.  

Lose - Lose for Josh?  Haha come on, no gives 2 s**ts about the outcome of this, but some of you act like it’s going to haunt someone lol.  

Its a silly and fun exhibiiton between two young QBs.  Stop making a big deal out of nothing.  It’s like people can’t help but make everything negative and mole hills into mountains.  

Love this, love Josh and love Mahomes is into it. This would be fun.  

And no one other than Bills fans who want to wallow in negativity are going to care about the outcome a week later.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Zerovotlz said:

There are videos out there of Allen throwing 80 yards with ease. 

His coach at Wyoming says he can throw it 90 yards. 

Your not by much would probably be 10 plus yards. I doubt either guy will throw with all their strength, an injury could happen easily.

Im very confident Allen has the strongest arm in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

The chiefs boards must really suck. 

This guy hangs around just  to gloat about Mahomes. 

Too bad they have no defense and will continue to lose playoff games 

Barstool is the best.    Especially pardon my take.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

16 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

What?  Football is supposed to be fun.  Why would this open him up to criticism from his “detractors” and why would you care?

Well, I don't think I'm one of Allen's detractors (though some might disagree) but when I read that, my first instinct was to roll my eyes and say "how about a contest who can throw the ball to the endzone leading the receiver just enough to avoid a pick with the game on the line the most times out of 10 trials"?

So I would guess the criticism would be that it's a sign of Allen valuing his arm strength over the qualities that might actually make him a successful NFL QB.

But I also think it's just "joshing around" for fun.

8 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

1.  I'd love to see it.

Someone is clearly feeling  threatened 

• Like (+1) 1

Geez, some of you here are completely short sighted and fail to see the big picture.  This is about national exposure for Allen and the Bills win or lose.  Allen can display his personality and leadership as well as arm talent.  There’s a whole thread about Buffalo being a smaller market and the struggle to attract FA talent.  If it the event doesn’t happen, the Bills still got some exposure.  I thought we want to attract talent.  And is it so bad if Allen and Mahomes chum it up and gain some mutual friendship and respect of each other?  

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

On the surface, this just sounds stupid and will, undoubtedly, open up Josh Allen to more criticism from his detractors imo.

Josh Allen sneezing opens him up to more criticism from his detractors.

• Like (+1) 1

I can't find anything that will let me click to hear the interview, but I think Josh Allen probably made sure his listeners knew he meant no disrespect, and had heard great things about Pat Mahomes.  But he's a competitive guy and is curious about who could actually throw further.  I'd love to see Mahomes take him up on it.  It would have been a fun addition to the skills competition at the pro bowl.  

3 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I can't find anything that will let me click to hear the interview, but I think Josh Allen probably made sure his listeners knew he meant no disrespect, and had heard great things about Pat Mahomes.  But he's a competitive guy and is curious about who could actually throw further.  I'd love to see Mahomes take him up on it.  It would have been a fun addition to the skills competition at the pro bowl.  

It was just a comment at the very end of the interview that has kind of grown legs and taken off.  He wasn't disrespectful at all IMO.  They asked him the question and he said "oooo...we could find out!"  The other guys then said challenge is on and it has kind of taken off from there. 

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/our-best-friend-josh-allen-stops-by-the-yak

18 hours ago, ctk232 said:

As long as he doesn't tear his labrum, rotator cuff, or UCL....I got Allen

Yes. I think at the pro level they know how to throw it safely with distance. If you notice, they don't seem to change much with their arm motion. It's their lower body that adds more momentum into their throws.

Even in a semi-serious fun contest, most people will criticize and complain LOL If it happens I'll watch it for sure. If it doesn't, it just doesn't. But yeah they need to add some targets and stuff to make it more fun, and to make it last more than 5 minutes.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, I don't think I'm one of Allen's detractors (though some might disagree) but when I read that, my first instinct was to roll my eyes and say "how about a contest who can throw the ball to the endzone leading the receiver just enough to avoid a pick with the game on the line the most times out of 10 trials"?

So I would guess the criticism would be that it's a sign of Allen valuing his arm strength over the qualities that might actually make him a successful NFL QB.

He didn't really assign any importance to it though he was asked who could throw it further between the two of them and his response was they could have a contest.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This.  Much ado about nothing.

20 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Yeah, heaven forbid a couple of kids from having some fun. 

• Haha (+1) 1