WR Duke Williams of CFL’s Eskimos Signs with Bills

LEBills

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's a highlight video:

I count about 5 catches that are better than anything a Bills receiver did this year. With the caveat that he is against CFL talent, right now I like the signing.

Catching the ball is still catching the ball in either league.

• Like (+1) 7

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's a highlight video:

I count about 5 catches that are better than anything a Bills receiver did this year. With the caveat that he is against CFL talent, right now I like the signing.

I was thinking the same thing. A handful of plays that none of our guys have shown themselves capable of making. 

16 minutes ago, wppete said:

D'haquille Williams 

HT: 6'2" WT: 229LBS.

POSITION: WR

SCHOOL: Auburn

ARM LENGTH: 32 1/2"

HANDS: 9 1/4"

40 YARD DASH: 4.72 SEC

BENCH PRESS: 14 REPS

VERTICAL JUMP: 30.0 INCH

BROAD JUMP: 121.0 INCH

3 CONE DRILL: 7.43 SEC

20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.47 SEC

Speed not impressive for the NFL.

7 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

This guy was a mental case in college. Could never follow the rules at au. Hopefully he has got his head on straight otherwise he is a cancer.

Eh, good signing anyway. Low risk, low cost. Not going to stop them from making other moves.

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

This guy was a mental case in college. Could never follow the rules at au. Hopefully he has got his head on straight otherwise he is a cancer.

Whoever you are you are a piece of crap. How can you someone you don’t know a cancer?!? Check out the piece from bleacher report on his personal life. He went to Edmonton matured and prospered for 2 years. He deserves a second chance and I trust McBean and the Pegulas. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

Speed not impressive for the NFL.

Not very explosive numbers, but he did show off pretty big catching range in college and the CFL that look better than his measurements.

no one should expect him to do much, but you never know if we can find another Robert Foster lottery ticket somewhere.

34 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Guy showed some big time skills at Auburn and was a 5 star recruit guy. Got kicked out fo Auburn beating up some guys or something. But this I like. Interesting add to the 90 man roster.

actually I love this

but does he go to church often?

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Whoever you are you are a piece of crap. How can you someone you don’t know a cancer?!? Check out the piece from bleacher report on his personal life. He went to Edmonton matured and prospered for 2 years. He deserves a second chance and I trust McBean and the Pegulas. 

You just called someone you don't know a PC of crap lol. I know because I'm from Alabama and have followed this guy.  Grow up. I also said I hope he has gotten it together. Please try reading comprehension. Thank you.

• Like (+1) 2

"

Williams, once rated the nation's No. 1 player out of the junior college level, is scheduled to arrive Wednesday in Indianapolis.

"Go out there and show the kind of talent you showcased two years ago at Auburn," Kiper said. "He showed he can be a No. 1 guy, he could be a guy that could be a tough matchup with his size. But, again, interviews with him are going to be critical and the type of workout and the type of measurables he shows are going to be important."

Kiper believes Williams could be drafted in the fourth or fifth rounds, but how he interviews with NFL teams Wednesday through Friday will prove more important than how he performs in agility drills Saturday.

"Based on what he showed two years ago, if you look at tapes from those games, you would have thought he could have been a second-round pick," Kiper said. "If you're thinking fourth or fifth round now, if you reconcile the other stuff and you're OK with it, then fourth or fifth round may be very possible."'

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/02/will_an_nfl_team_draft_dhaquille_williams.html

"SOURCES TELL US

"I can tell you that he burned all of his bridges over there (Auburn). He's a selfish, me­-first guy and I don't think he's trustworthy in the locker room at all. He didn't compete at all this year. I wouldn't draft him in any round." -- NFC Director of Personnel"

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/dhaquille-williams?id=2555210

4.7 40, pretty sure that's Kyle Williams time. 

""He has great size, and he has very good hands and he's tough, but if you're not a good locker-room guy, and I've heard from scouts that he's a selfish player and not a good guy, then you better have a great trait like speed. He doesn't. Size isn't enough," Zierlein said. "He's not a Marcus Peters, who was a first-round pick after being kicked off his (college) team. I'll bet everything I have on that. Big wide receivers that don't get open are a dime a dozen."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000551103/article/zierlein-duke-williams-might-go-undrafted-in-16-after-dismissal

Never hurts to take a flyer but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Maybe time has humbled him. 

Edited by PirateHookerMD

5 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

You just called someone you don't know a PC of crap lol. I know because I'm from Alabama and have followed this guy.  Grow up. I also said I hope he has gotten it together. Please try reading comprehension. Thank you.

You are the cancer... go away

46 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Guy showed some big time skills at Auburn and was a 5 star recruit guy. Got kicked out fo Auburn beating up some guys or something. But this I like. Interesting add to the 90 man roster.

actually I love this

Yep. No risk, high reward. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, wppete said:

You are the cancer... go away

You are the moron.

You must be young or just stupid. As I said grow up. You took everything you know about this guy from bleacher report lol. You're a joke.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

You are the moron.

You must be young or just stupid. As I said grow up. You took everything you know about this guy from bleacher report lol. You're a joke.

You are just a miserable person... 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/dhaquille-williams?id=2555210

Besides the off field problems, the scouting reporting on him is that he isn't very athletic and has trouble separating. But he does have good hands and can make contested catches which is mostly what our offense has been missing anyways.

I'm curious as to whether he can get open without the running start.  But those hands...

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

You are just a miserable person... 

Lol I'm just laughing at you now. You are taking the criticism of him way too personal. I hope he has turned it around. He was a gifted receiver at au. Hopefully his problems have been resolved.