OK. I'll Say It-Allen will be best Bills QB ever

beacon

I know it's blasphemy, but Josh Allen will have every Bills QB record by the time he retires. Yards, TD's, Rushing, Wins.They have their QB for the next 10/15 years. He is the most exciting Bill since SB days. Nobody knew what a great runner he is. Reminds me of Elway, only faster and shiftier. He is going to be a stud.  His game of pass/run is going to be sweet to watch.   Fill a few holes on O-line next year, grab a receiver or two, cut Benjamin, Clay and Shady.  Doesn't matter what city it is, good players want to play with good/great QB's. He will make everyone around him better. Then they all can make even more  $$$$$$.  Can't wait until next year. 

• Like (+1) 16
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Let’s not get ahead of our skis here. He’s off to a promising start but so much of his success depends on coaching and the players they surround him with. If Daboll or someone else can become his Marchibroda, they get RBs and WRs like TT and Andre, respectively, and an OLine with four Pro Bowlers like Kelly enjoyed then yeah, Josh might own all those records eventually.

• Like (+1) 1

No.  Like what I see so far, but if you look at the HOF out of hundreds of guys who have played QB in the NFL there are roughly 30 that made the grade.   And we had one of them.

Allen may have a very long and successful career, maybe even HOF worthy.  But no way you say he's going to be better than Kelly at this point.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I hope it happens, as it will mean multiple championships, but let’s pump the brakes a little here.

You can’t go from 0 to 60 in a second. It takes time to get there.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The OP makes a bold prediction and predictably people want to tell him/her to slow down, or other snarky comments.  Why bother even responding?

Bold predictions don’t come true. That’s why

Josh Allen has the physical skills to be the greatest QB in NFL history.  No other current QB can make that claim.  But Allen's combination of size, speed, agility, arm strength and total strength are unmatched in NFL history.  Clealy mentally acuity and brilliant eye hand coordination are critical elements to becoming a great QB.  Hopefully Allen can add those to the mix and make the next GOAT also an AFC east guy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, beacon said:

I know it's blasphemy, but Josh Allen will have every Bills QB record by the time he retires. Yards, TD's, Rushing, Wins.They have their QB for the next 10/15 years. He is the most exciting Bill since SB days. Nobody knew what a great runner he is. Reminds me of Elway, only faster and shiftier. He is going to be a stud.  His game of pass/run is going to be sweet to watch.   Fill a few holes on O-line next year, grab a receiver or two, cut Benjamin, Clay and Shady.  Doesn't matter what city it is, good players want to play with good/great QB's. He will make everyone around him better. Then they all can make even more  $$$$$$.  Can't wait until next year. 

Why is it blasphemy?  We've never had a QB who could lead the team to a Super Bowl win.  Maybe Josh is the one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm sure people will be lining up to lambaste you and tell you what a fool you are.

But ya know what? I like the bold statement! And I can see it happening. I'm not quite ready to say that I agree, but I AM ready to say that it's not that unreasonable of a thing to proclaim. As it stands, he may ALREADY be the most PHYSICALLY GIFTED QB the Bills have ever had. The rest is up to him.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I'm sure people will be lining up to lambaste you and tell you what a fool you are.

But ya know what? I like the bold statement! And I can see it happening. I'm not quite ready to say that I agree, but I AM ready to say that it's not that unreasonable of a thing to proclaim. As it stands, he may ALREADY be the most PHYSICALLY GIFTED QB the Bills have ever had. The rest is up to him.

Me too! I'm pushing all the chips in at this point

Love the hope and enthusiasm this would be great.

That said even if he has a 10-12 year run where his ceiling is Flacco/Alex Smith esq he will most likely break Kelly's records given how the league is so passing driven. Remember Jim back in the day topped out around 23-25 TD's thrown with one season at 33 TDs. For that time it was impressive, today that is basically average for a QB so if Allen even has two seasons at 30 TDs or above he will move pretty quick towards Jim. Plus Jim had 3 years in the USFL that took away probably 40-45 TDs he would've got in the NFL.

I think Jim himself would love to be the second best Bills QB and in the end the records Allen truly will be judged on will be Wins, playoffs, and hopefully the SB. A SB title mixed with even Flacco/Smith numbers and he'd be a god regardless.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Love your post but disagree with the already, Kelly or anyone one else isnt close to having the physical skills of Josh Allen, i would argue to say very very few QBs ever have.   

12 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The OP makes a bold prediction and predictably people want to tell him/her to slow down, or other snarky comments.  Why bother even responding?

Because it's a chat room.  So we chat.

10 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Josh Allen has the physical skills to be the greatest QB in NFL history.  No other current QB can make that claim.  But Allen's combination of size, speed, agility, arm strength and total strength are unmatched in NFL history.  Clealy mentally acuity and brilliant eye hand coordination are critical elements to becoming a great QB.  Hopefully Allen can add those to the mix and make the next GOAT also an AFC east guy. 

I like Allen a lot and think he's our long term guy.  But say hi to John Elway.  Steve Young also sends his regards.

• Like (+1) 1

While obviously VERY premature, I love where your anti-trolling enthusiastic mindset is at. It certainly beats the "Fire Everybody, McBeane, Daboll Suck at Life and We Picked the Wrong Josh" threads that have taken up way too much squatting bandwidth on here over the past few months... 

26 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

let's go slowly here... A couple weeks ago people on here wanted Matt Barkley to start

It's encouraging to see some progress, so let's hope it continues!

Wow, you really are TheFunPolice ? lol

I'm down. I think at his ceiling this kid can be a Brett Favre type of player, aside from the running skills he has, he reminds me of Favre in terms of his willingness to sling it to any spot on the field. And like Favre, every now and then you might see him make a play that leaves you saying, "What the hell was that?!" but if the good outweighs the bad by a sizeable margin, I'm all for it.

I also find it interesting that Jimbo's wife Jill has tweeted out several times now how much Allen reminds her of how Jim played the game. First, both guys have the size. Jim was built like a linebacker (and that's where Penn State, his top school choice wanted him to play, as well as a number of other schools that recruited him) and although he didn't run much, when he did, he wasn't afraid to drop his shoulder from time to time. Allen was smart to avoid unnecessary contact during Sunday's game but you know if the game is on the line, he's gonna do what he needs to do to pick up a first down or whatever.

Both guys have rocket arms. Josh probably has the stronger arm but Jim was no slouch. Both of them can make every throw. 

The one spot where Josh will need a few years to get on Jim's level is command of the offense. I mean, Jim was like an extra offensive coordinator out there. When they rolled with the K-Gun, every playcall was made by Jim. Right now, you can see Allen is running the plays as called and has maybe called an audible a handful of times this season. Hopefully with more experience he'll get better at recognizing different defensive looks and will know which plays to switch into to beat those looks. Jim was off the charts with this so, like I said, I think it'll be a while before Josh has that kind of command. Both guys are hyper-competitive and have the respect of their teammates. Even as a young guy, Josh carries a kind of swagger I haven't seen at the QB position in Buffalo since Jim. Jim was confident but anyone that's read his book knows that the guy was a nervous wreck before almost every game. Allen is kind of the opposite in that respect. The game isn't too big for him no matter if it's pre-season or a regular season game with playoff implications. And based on what we've heard from his teammates, the kid just doesn't seem to get nervous or phased by too much.

Lastly, you always knew the Bills had a chance as long as the defense could get the ball for Jim for one last drive. Allen's college coaches and teammates have all said that they always felt like their team had a shot at the win as long as Allen was in there. To have that kind of quality back in Buffalo is huge. I mean, I've got a lot of respect for Tyrod Taylor, I like him as a player and he's all class as a person. But... what was the guys record here when the team was down by 7 or more points? Something like 2 wins and a whole bunch of losses. Nothing against him but if the Bills were down late, I really didn't have much confidence that Tyrod was gonna find a way to win. This past Sunday, with 2:30 on the clock, Allen and the offense get the ball back on their own 10 yard line and my first thought was, "Watch this kid go ham and pull out the win." And he almost did, if it wasn't for that meddling Charles Clay! For the record, Allen's 4th quarter stats were something like 9 of 13 for 120 yards and a touchdown. To start that final drive, he hit four or five straight completions before the OL started caving in. But even with that adversity, and a wild final play, he still put his team in place to pull out the win. To have that ability to evade pressure the way he did, keep his eyes up and scanning for an open guy, running to his left he uncorks a 40 yard throw to his right and if Twinkle Toes Clay hadn't tripped over his own two feet, he probably would've caught it and it would've been a major early highlight for Josh's career. I gotta imagine the kid is playing with a high level of confidence right now and I can't wait for these next four games and am especially psyched to see what McBeane does to improve things for 2019.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I certainly hope he breaks all of Kelly's records since they aren't really gaudy numbers due to him only playing 10 years and it wasn't as much a passing league back then.

If Allen becomes the greatest or is in the conversation as greatest of All Time in in 7-10 years....I'll get this tattoo on my back.

Image result for josh allen jump

I’m down with this!

We ARE having the conversation, it IS within a 7-10 year window.....and I think it’s time for Royale to get the tattoo! 

While I’m encouraged, a little tempering of expectations might be wise. Why do we all go to such extremes so often? He sucks and will never be accurate, while at the same time he’s destined to become the greatest of all time. I’m guessing he will wind up somewhere in the middle, but I have no idea where! 

Just now, Augie said:

I’m down with this!

We ARE having the conversation, it IS within a 7-10 year window.....and I think it’s time for Royale to get the tattoo! 

While I’m encouraged, a little tempering of expectations might be wise. Why do we all go to such extremes so often? He sucks and will never be accurate, while at the same time he’s destined to become the greatest of all time. I’m guessing he will wind up somewhere in the middle, but I have no idea where! 

Just don’t bookmark this page!  I’m hoping Allen achieves this!