Those were some overoficious jerks!

Matt_In_NH

I dont know if anyone else felt this way but this was an awful game to watch, constant penalties, a lot of them questionable.  I think penalties have been trending down but this game brought the average up a lot, it was horrendous to watch.  Any time something happened, there was a 75% chance of a flag.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Two huge defensive holding calls gave the Jags first downs when they didn't deserve it.  The first one, on Edmunds, was really nothing at all and the pass rush forced Bortles to throw a horrible pass far away from Edmunds.  The second one was on a DB, ticky tack call, and the pass rush forced a throw that was lousy and incomplete.  At one point the Jags went from the 20 to midfield without doing anything at all.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Was a packers fan watching the game with me.  Never met him before.  I told him that every “close call”, the refs would be in favor of the jags and that we’d need the indisputable evidence to overturn.  That was the case the entire game.  Dude was in awe of how that happened.  He’s a bills fan now.  He asked me if we had a song......his mind was blown when we scored.  Moondoggies Las Vegas, great place to experience a Bills game .  

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Two huge defensive holding calls gave the Jags first downs when they didn't deserve it.  The first one, on Edmunds, was really nothing at all and the pass rush forced Bortles to throw a horrible pass far away from Edmunds.  The second one was on a DB, ticky tack call, and the pass rush forced a throw that was lousy and incomplete.  At one point the Jags went from the 20 to midfield without doing anything at all.  

I think its fair to say both teams benefited and were hurt by the officiating at different times.

• Like (+1) 1

Defensive holding results in an automatic first down.  That penalty can get called on practically every play. And there were some particularly tricky-tack ones called against the Bills. 

On the other hand, the penalties on the Bills O-line seemed to be generally legitimate. That’s an area of improvement that McClappy needs to emphasize. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I dont know if anyone else felt this way but this was an awful game to watch, constant penalties, a lot of them questionable.  I think penalties have been trending down but this game brought the average up a lot, it was horrendous to watch.  Any time something happened, there was a 75% chance of a flag.

Atrocious. 

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

There were also a couple of ghost calls when we had made a good play on offense that had me yelling at the TV. Hope we don't see the Medicare Crew again this year at any point. 

The illegal hands to the face after we had a huge first down was complete bs.

10 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

The illegal hands to the face after we had a huge first down was complete bs.

I think the holding call on Miller was weak too. He just kinda rode his guy to the ground. He didn't really grasp him anywhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

By far the worst crew in the league- it was awful today.

I don't care what happened between Lawson and Fournette,  I put the blame for the scrum entirely on the back of Walt Coleman and crew for calling so many ticky-tack penalties  throughout the game and creating a high degree of frustration among all the players. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in NoCal said:

I don't care what happened between Lawson and Fournette,  I put the blame for the scrum entirely on the back of Walt Coleman and crew for calling so many ticky-tack penalties  throughout the game and creating a high degree of frustration among all the players. 

Spot on bro spot on! I was at the game and they called some junk that just wasnt needed.

2 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

By far the worst crew in the league- it was awful today.

That's what you get when two 3 -7 teams play.

Having said that,  the NFL has too much money to put such low level officials on any field. 

Edited by mabden

I’m fine if you call legit penalties on us if you call them on the opponent as well.  

Im not fine when you call everything possible on us, including shenanigans mystery penalties, then don’t call obvious holds on the Jags in the end zone and whatnot.  

Im really not fine when you take nine hours to make calls.  What on earth are these clowns even discussing for 2 minutes of game time?  Just make the call and let’s move on. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

Defensive holding results in an automatic first down.  That penalty can get called on practically every play. And there were some particularly tricky-tack ones called against the Bills. 

On the other hand, the penalties on the Bills O-line seemed to be generally legitimate. That’s an area of improvement that McClappy needs to emphasize. 

The Jaguars have a fantastic front seven and they were bringing in the heat constantly.  The OL couldn't stop them on every play.  Hence, so many penalties.  At least they did not make the dumb varieties before the ball is spiked.

That made it such a hard game to watch. Honestly, most of the penalties were legitimate calls with a few exceptions, and I could at least see what they were looking at most of the time. But as many fans and experts say, there's an infraction on every snap. It's the inevitable byproduct of having 22 men on the field with every position having a massive rule book. 

This game is the result of calling every single possible infraction and not letting players play football. Walt got more screentime than half the players combined and it flat out sucks to watch. 

3 hours ago, mattynh said:

Add in the wrong calls for a fumbled punt putting the jags on the bills 16 when he was clearly dbc and the td call giving the jags 6 pts when the receiver was dbc at the 1.

Both those calls gave the jags huge advantages,  luckily replay corrected those bad calls.  

Not to mention the non holding call for a safety, calling a fumble when he had both knees and an elbow down, and just declaring a Jag touchdown whenever they got close to the goal line despite clearly being down short.

Heck everyone was so desperate to give the Jags points that they actually had them at 15 points instead of 14 on the broadcast for a couple minutes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

OMG you people are ridiculous.  Did you watch the game or just listen on the radio?  The only call that was even questionable was the Taron Johnson holding.  That was bad but he did grab a little jersey.  I thought Bortles had already started to leave the pocket though and it shouldn't have been called.  All the other penalties were legit especially the hands to the face on Bodine.  Christ he bent his head back further than Kennedy's head was blown back.  

The Bills have been top 3 in penalties all year.  Probably will be worst in the league after this weekend.  It's on the coaches and the players.  Was 12 men on the field Walt Coleman's fault?

Be objective.  If I missed another iffy call point it out.  But I watched every play.  Hughes pushed the guy in the back on the Milano INT.  He didn't need to.  All he needed to do was just stand there and let Milano run past him.  But he pushed the guy down right in front of the refs.  Miller tackled the guy on the inside rush.  He blocked him perfectly at the start and then tackled him for no reason.  All he had to do was keep pushing him but he wrapped his arms around him.  

Please tell me the calls that the refs were wrong?  

They did botch the goal line calls(2 of the 3) but those weren't flags.

Two bad teams with bad coaching.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think NFL officiating is the worst of the major sports. It is inconsistent and incompetent and quite frankly many of these guys are way too old and out of position. Yesterday was another showcase for this ineptness as a bunch of the calls were ticky tack or just plain wrong. HOWEVER, the majority of the calls in that game were actually correct. Both teams at times played ill disciplined and sloppy football. Some of those fouls were blatantly stupid penalties that gave the refs no choice but to call them. How in the hell do these guys keep facemasking people? are they closing their eyes when they tackle? I thought the ejections of Shaq and Fournette were also completely justified. Throw a punch and you are out. What's even more stupid is why you would throw a punch at a player with a helmet? You want to break your hand?  The Bills too many men penalty was also blatantly obvious and completely inexcusable! As bad as the refs (and this crew in particular) are, both teams yesterday made it easy for them to call penalties.

14 hours ago, mattynh said:

There were a lot everywhere this week.  Hell even the patriots had I think 11 called on them against the Jets! (Which was almost all in the first half then it was like ok we kept it close to keep people watching now we will let them play..)