Browns: HC Hue Jackson fired

BeastMode54

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

They acquired all those draft picks over the last few years and had tons of cap space, yet still not very good. But that strategy will work for Buffalo.

That's what I find funny, so many here saying he should have been fired before the end of last season, yet want to give Beane and McDermott a pass and they have to be given time. Hurst first 2 years he had little talent and the record reflected that. This season he is given a rookie and a guy Bils fans ran out of here and considered one of the worst QBs and they are starting to get better winning 2 games and being in a bunch more that went to overtime.

I'm not saying he is a good or bad coach, but at least he has them heading in the right direction, unlike this staff that's taking multiple steps back

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Ok. I’m not saying the Bills are going to be good next year. They may very well be horrible again.

I am just saying it’s impossible to predict at this point due to the huge cap space and draft picks they possess.

Another huge factor is how/if Allen will progress once he comes back from injury. 

Just way too many factors to predict the Bills record next year at this point in the season.

right on the money

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Ok. I’m not saying the Bills are going to be good next year. They may very well be horrible again.

I am just saying it’s impossible to predict at this point due to the huge cap space and draft picks they possess.

Another huge factor is how/if Allen will progress once he comes back from injury. 

Just way too many factors to predict the Bills record next year at this point in the season.

The Browns have a more ready and polished QB and had a ton of picks and cap space. Didnt help them much, but yet it seems to be that this is the correct path for the Bill's take to not just be good, but become an elite, possible dynasty, that everyone wants

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

Absolutely not. We need continuity for a change. This constant HC carousel is killing me

I love McDermott and want him to stay five years, but don't you think the Rams held on to Fisher too long? If there is a young offensive innovator I would understand them firing McDermott. Again I wouldn't fire him, I'm just saying we can't let continuity lie keep us locked in loser hell.

35 minutes ago, Bandito said:

We should fire McDermott

Hold on, McD may yet get it right.   A little to loyal to his process guys. (see Peterman )  But, got the right D coordinator, and I am not yet down on Daboll.  Another year yet......and likely two more imho.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The Browns have a more ready and polished QB and had a ton of picks and cap space. Didnt help them much, but yet it seems to be that this is the correct path for the Bill's take to not just be good, but become an elite, possible dynasty, that everyone wants

To explain myself more, I am not a “pro process “ guy. I really don’t think it was necessary to create all the dead cap and get rid of a lot of good players.

BUT

This was their plan all along so we need to At least see if they show some major progress next year.

I really don’t agree with the overall plan. But that’s what they decided to do, so Mcd and Beane should at least get to the end of next year.

If they have another year like this year or it’s only slightly better, then you should make the change after next season. If they show big progress, then of course keep them through 2020.

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Hue's been a good assistant coach in different spots in his career...but this guy clearly wasn't head coach material. Kind of like our situation at head coach. 

...pretty sure a reporter asked him in his presser if he was taking over play calling.....said, "I'm only here to help"........so it was Hugh vs Haley...........

39 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Rex and Hue are actually very similar personality types.  Both are big talkers, neither has produced much.

Are they? I'm not sure if I've ever made that connection. Rex has always been more of a blowhard type of guy to me while Hue seems to always come across like he's clueless.Some guys peak with a coordinator position and maybe Hue gets a chance to be an OC somewhere else but who knows. And Rex was a good DC back in the day, his defense has long since been figured out and doesn't confuse opponents the way it used to and that friggin' meathead is too stubborn to ever adjust cause, "Mah daddy won a Super Bowl with this defense!" Yeah? That's cool but it's not 1986 anymore, dinkus.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There it is 

My first thought was wondering if Greggo and/or Haley were working behind the scenes to undermine Hue to get his job - coupled with tweet above about Dorsey (who you would think they would have more access to and possible influence over) wanting to move on from Hue but not Haslam.   Not sure if this discounts that theory or not...

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

Where has Hue ever had success?   

Seem to do a good job in ‘14/‘15 in Cinci 

56 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Guy is a ***** terrible coach. So many ppl at the BBMB wanted him here. Thank god that didn’t happen

It was supposedly Whaleys choice for HC. Every time someone defends Whaley saying he was great but couldn’t pick his own coach or pick his own draft picks. 

I called the Monday Hue axe!

How dumb is Jimmy Haslam?  He wanted to keep Jackson?!

The NFL made Jerry Richardson sell his team, shouldn't they, for the sake of the Browns fans and football fans in general, force "Slimy J" Haslam to sell the Browns?

Stunned he lasted this long.  

Taking your team to the playoffs for the first time in many years, then having the wheels fall off the next season while in cap jail is nothing like what Hue has done.  He won THREE games in three years!  We’ve won one game less THIS season has he did in three years.

Always wondered what he had over the ownership...

49 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I love McDermott and want him to stay five years, but don't you think the Rams held on to Fisher too long? If there is a young offensive innovator I would understand them firing McDermott. Again I wouldn't fire him, I'm just saying we can't let continuity lie keep us locked in loser hell.

I see your point but I do think we at least have to give it a shot for a change. Roster turnover has to stop. Each regime bringing in “their guys” every two years is killing us before we even get our feet off the ground. FWIW I think McD is a much better coach than Fisher ever was.