Should The Bills Trade McCoy

Kevin1778

Should the Bills Trade McCoy?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Bills Trade McCoy

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but after MNF

I unfortunately voted yes. It pains me to send the most electric offensive player packing, but the state of this team that McBean put them in calls for accumulating as many assets as possible (**** the process). I’d hate to see this happen from a fans perspective but could certainly understand it from an administrative position. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yes.

I loved what Shady has done here to the point where he was named a Captain. Who would have thought that would happen when he first got traded here and there was noise that he didn’t want to come. 

I wanted them to draft a young RB in the past few drafts to be our 2, but that hasn’t happened. Maybe, this year they’ll grab one in the 3rd or 4th. 

He’s old for a running back. Injuries add up. 

He should be allowed to have his talents used and recognized on a playoff team.

if he has trade value then use the draft picks for more talent on online or a WR. 

A shifty RB is not a particularly valuable weapon in the modern NFL.  Power RB who can move the pile is more in vogue. 

26 minutes ago, wppete said:

If we get a 2nd then yes. If not then we keep shady on this team and have a strong running game next year. 

McDermott? Is that you? In the small sample size we’ve seen this year, Ivory has been a serviceable RB. There has not been a huge drop off in production depending on who runs the rock. At the end of the day, the RB position is not having any impact on the wins/losses.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

I voted yes, simply because Ivory and Murphy are more than capable and it saves a ton of money. 

why are you concerned about saving money? When did winning games stop being the most important thing around here?

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

why are you concerned about saving money? When did winning games stop being the most important thing around here?

When it frees up millions for Offensive Lineman and WR's for 2019. He is being paid a fortune for a RB.

21 minutes ago, nucci said:

When  Peterman was inserted against the Colts, no when Peterman was named the starter on opening day, no when Peterman beat out McCarron, no when, .... Just no....

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

2 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

When it frees up millions for Offensive Lineman and WR's for 2019. He is being paid a fortune for a RB.

The money is irrelevant. McCoy’s contract won’t stop the Bills from making a single move. They have more cap space than they will be able to spend over the next two years. The money ISN’T a factor in this decision. It’s about getting an asset that can help when this team is ready to compete.

9 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

I though we already have 100 billion dollars for next season?

Edited by nucci

Just thinking out loud here but are other teams in on this too? We ONLY discuss the possibility of the Eagles. What if teams like Washington, Baltimore or Carolina were interested? That feels reasonable to me.

2 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

They need a lot of players on offense. Good lineman aren't cheap. His earns way too much for a RB.

What difference does his salary make if it isn’t impacting any decisions? There is ZERO chance that the few million in cap savings make any difference. The Bills are going to be CRAZY aggressive this offseason and will still be $30M plus from the 2019 salary cap. The money isn’t an issue!!

Is there really any chance that we could get a second round pick for McCoy?  I would not think so given his age.

I think the Bills will need to draft or sign a free agent running back next year whether or not McCoy is traded.  This is another position on offense that will need attention in the offseason.

1 minute ago, jahnyc said:

Is there really any chance that we could get a second round pick for McCoy?  I would not think so given his age.

I think the Bills will need to draft or sign a free agent running back next year whether or not McCoy is traded.  This is another position on offense that will need attention in the offseason.

I suggested yesterday McCoy and a 4th for Clement and a 2nd. Who says no?

25 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

What a great idea for a thread,. Hard to believe nobody has brought this up before.

Not in a poll. It is real now. It is decision time. Tuesday is the deadline.

Edited by Kevin1778
  • Haha (+1) 1

I voted yes and my lowest price is a 4th that can become a 3rd on conditions.  If it becomes a 3rd I believe we take one of the superior defensive linemen with our first pick and we can use the Shady pick to move back into the 1st round if an impact offensive player is still floating around like the TE Noah Fant ( huge upgrade folks!) or a WR or OL.  We need impact players and can use that free agency money to get the #2 type WRs, Olinemen,  and even another defensive to help finish off this defense.  A few have mentioned Anthony Barr and i love that idea.