The Rosen Era Has Begun in Arizona

26CornerBlitz

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

let me guess... you still wish the Bills would have taken Rosen.

What would make someone change their mind already? Just because Allen is on the Bills?

We haven't seen enough from any of the 1st round QBs that should significantly change our minds about what we saw in their college body of work. If someone liked Allen more then then they likely do now and vise versa.

I thought Rosen was the best QB in this draft that people looked for reasons to dislike because they didn't like his opinions or that he stated them at all. If Allen proves me wrong,  then great, but thus far Allen has looked exactly like he did in college. Hopefully he grows with experinece and performs better once he has some talent surrounding him on O. We’ll see.

• Like (+1) 1

Of the 4 rookie QBs, Baker looks awfully dang good on the Browns.  Darnold has some receivers around him and looks solid.  Rosen the jury is still out but he’s on a not so good club.  Allen looks raw and missing on some easy throws, but my gosh, I have never seen an NFL team with a worse group of receivers in my life.  Not one threat 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I didn't get a chance to watch the game today but his stat line doesn't look good. 10/25 for 170 yards and 1 TD, and most of that came on a 75 yard TD on a busted coverage. Were his receivers letting him down or was he just off?

I only saw a little bit, and it was not pretty. 

I was a Rosen guy all the way and bitterly disappointed in the Allen pick, and I mean bitterly. Ruined my week. After 55 years of following the Bills, I was astounded at how many times we could miss on a QB. So it was not fun watching  Rosen today throw in one pass what Allen did in 10 passes. I do see Allen's potential, we just won't see it before the other freshman QB's this year will produce.  So let's hope the payoff is worth it. I want this to work more than I can say..

Rosen completed 9-of-24 passes for 95 yards over the rest of the game, but the Cardinals defense forced five turnovers and David Johnson scored twice in a 28-18 win. The victory was Rosen’s first as an NFL player and he said that mattered more than his own struggles when he spoke to reporters after the game.

“It might have been something different every single play,” Rosen said, via the team’s website. “We’ll see [Monday]. But all I care about is this win. I’m pretty happy we got the first one.”

The Cardinals were the only team without a win heading into Week Five, so getting that first one out of the way makes it easy to overlook any struggles on the way to victory. That said, keeping the wait time down for win No. 2 is going to take more efficient work from Rosen in the future.

11 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

I was a Rosen guy all the way and bitterly disappointed in the Allen pick, and I mean bitterly. Ruined my week. After 55 years of following the Bills, I was astounded at how many times we could miss on a QB. So it was not fun watching  Rosen today throw in one pass what Allen did in 10 passes. I do see Allen's potential, we just won't see it before the other freshman QB's this year will produce.  So let's hope the payoff is worth it. I want this to work more than I can say..

Oh my God.  Really.  Now we're going to make judgments based on one play. 

I was a Rosen guy, and I watched quite a bit of their game yesterday.  Rosen hit one big completion.  On a number of other passes I saw he airmailed a few, missed a few.  And that's fin e because he is a rookie QB on his second game.  Much like Allen did some good and not so good things.

The last rookie QB to come into the league and actually look like he was a star already, to my mind, was Marino a generation ago. 

Relax

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I was a Rosen guy, and I watched quite a bit of their game yesterday.  Rosen hit one big completion.  On a number of other passes I saw he airmailed a few, missed a few.  And that's fin e because he is a rookie QB on his second game.  Much like Allen did some good and not so good things.

The last rookie QB to come into the league and actually look like he was a star already, to my mind, was Marino a generation ago. 

Relax

And keep in mind, Rosen had enough time to knit a sweater in a large, clean pocket - AND threw to another 1st round WR in Kirk who got YARDS of separation. I get that some people are still unsure about Allen - and that's fair - but comparing Allen to any of the others right now does NOT make any sense. Browns have legit weapons everywhere and Rosen at least has a couple guys in Fitz and now Kirk who can catch and get separation and Darnold has a serviceable Offensive line, albeit not great, with a couple decent WRs to throw to as well in Anderson and Enunwa who is sneaky good at across the middle and tough catches. Allen has almost none of those things going for him. 

It is redundant and I sound like a broken record, but until Allen has someone to actually throw to, it's all apples and oranges. I think the Offensive line is a bit better than people here give them credit for, but they still need a ton of help to actually be good. 

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Relax

Who make judgments on one play? Try reading comprehension first before you go off.

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Who make judgments on one play? Try reading comprehension first before you go off.

So it was not fun watching  Rosen today throw in one pass what Allen did in 10 passes

Your words, not mine.  But I see your overall point and I was a bit hasty.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

So it was not fun watching  Rosen today throw in one pass what Allen did in 10 passes

Your words, not mine.  But I see your overall point and I was a bit hasty.

Understood. I think like it or not everyone's going to be comparing the four quarterbacks in this draft after every game now that all are starting. And that's not to mention Mahomes! I know it's not a productive use of time but, there it is.

32 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Two pick sixes. Batted ball and stopped route by a WR.   Bad football by the Cards. 

19 minutes ago, Magox said:

Tough night for him.  Hasn't looked good at all.

And holding the ball too long on sacks, skipping two balls in the dirt, and a couple high passes 

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’ve missed the start,., how is he looking?

Like garbage and showing some jay cutler mannorisms 

16 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

16 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Like garbage and showing some jay cutler mannorisms 

If I was an Arizona Cards fan this is what would have me worried.  Say what you will about Allen and his struggles he's never thrown the fits I've seen Rosen throw in the 1st half tonight.  Not a good look IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

This seems to be deflecting from the fact that Josh Allen has been bad. Don't worry about Rosen..focus on your own struggling overdrafted rookie.

It's inevitable that the two will be compared.  And when you have hundreds (or is it thousands) of posts on this message board arguing that the Bills should have drafted Rosen over Allen what else would you expect? 

3 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

This seems to be deflecting from the fact that Josh Allen has been bad. Don't worry about Rosen..focus on your own struggling overdrafted rookie.

Rosen was supposed to be the most pro-ready of the QB's.  He looks terrible.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Sounds like you’re not a Bills fan Moose Knuckle, why are you even on the board? What’s the matter, your narrative not working out?

• Like (+1) 1

I think Rosen and all 4 rookies are going to turn out to be very good, obviously at varying degrees.  I don’t think this class was too hyped.

I’m glad we didn’t take Rosen, though.    Completely unscientific, but he just doesn’t seem like a  Buffalo kind of guy.

Even Troy Aikman is talking about pulling Rosen for fear of concussion.

How would you like to be the NEXT guy up?  “We’re seriously worried about the health of HIS brain, so you’re the new guy. Good luck!” 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2