Bills Release WR Jeremy Kerley; Sign DT Robert Thomas from PS

26CornerBlitz

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Not to mention him and Allen had some sort of mental link at Wyoming.

...the Wyoming connection...Yarborough, Josh and maybe the Gentry kid as in the "3rd time is the charm".....Steelers drafted Rudolph and his "go to guy" Washington Jr from Oklahoma State...never know.....Colts drafted Fleener from Stanford for Luck but it did not work out...

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Well also need another DT i mean after all csnt expect your big FA star to take on another 10 snaps. I mean you only paid him 10M a year 

True. Needed that DT to take Washington's place. Who was cut for Orchard, presumably because Murphy needs to "take it slow". At the end of the day we are up 1 DE and down 1 WR for no other appearent reason.

• Like (+1) 1

Robert Foster is to Brian Daboll as Vlad Ducasse is to Juan Castillo. I don't get it. Save for mop up duty in the 4th Pre-Season game - this guy has shown absolutely nothing. He's got speed but no tracking ability. Yet here we are cutting Corey Coleman, Jeremy Kerley, and a number of guys at other positions. And Robert Foster just keeps climbing the depth chart.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

True. Needed that DT to take Washington's place. Who was cut for Orchard, presumably because Murphy needs to "take it slow". At the end of the day we are up 1 DE and down 1 WR for no other appearent reason.

So you mean your elite 10M a year man Star cannot take on 10 more snaps?

59 minutes ago, timekills17 said:

Umm. What?

I thought Kerley showed one of the better games of the WR last week.  Saw him open more than some others.

Spotrac shows him as carrying a $960,000 dead cap hit, meaning that his base salary is guaranteed

So we're now paying WR $4.5M to NOT play for us.

WTF are we, WR Divorce Court with automatic alimony?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Then why are they keeping Holmes and Taiwan Jones?

10 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It was in response to the team totally rebuilding and not wanting to win this year but get the young guys who will be here some experience. If it's for special teams then get young guys who are good on special teams. 

Keep posting Kelly...............you're saving me a lot of typing!

Just now, Rico said:

With so many people pissed off over this, the smart move would be for Beane to sign a high-motor, lunch-pail WR to the practice squad.... calm everybody down a little. 

I think what might be really pissing people off is the timing. It's Josh Allen's first start and they have practice with all these recievers this week. They didn't do well last week and neither did the O-line. It just seems with as many things stacked against him why pull one of the veteran recievers he has to throw to the day before the game.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dabills21 said:

well Dimarco is a core player on special teams, an equally important aspect to what Kerley offers us.  Plus Dimarco is a locker room leader

Are you related to someone on the staff, or just that blind to how dumb their decisions are? Why would you start your rookie QB against a top defense and then cut the only WR that gets open?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I mean this year is about development of the young players it really is  that is why Vlad Ducasse keeps getting trotted out there over Teller. 

You have me there, that is a Castillo thing. I bet Teller is coming.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bills are a Marshall Newhouse cut away from the NFLs All-Time Dead Money hit in one season.

Come on Beane..........................go for it!

No its going to be Murphy. Because you know they will need something on Defense. So only knkw how to cut weapons 

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

It's coming. He didn't finish the preseason well. He'll get his shot soon though.

Not counting on it. Ducasse is protected. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Rico said:

With so many people pissed off over this, the smart move would be for Beane to sign a high-motor, lunch-pail WR to the practice squad.... calm everybody down a little. 

That wont work. However if they fire Teflon Juan next, now we are talking. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I mean this year is about development of the young players it really is  that is why Vlad Ducasse keeps getting trotted out there over Teller. 

Good point. They should start Teller at LG, move Vlad back to RG, and cut Miller.

Don’t get this move. Don’t we need help at receiver? One of our worst position groups! Not that Kerley was great but he was a decent vet wideout.Right as Allen is getting set to start, take away a weapon. Can’t see the sense in this.

Im beginning to think that the process involves tanking this season!!

56 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Hopefully, this is a sign that maybe they think that the TE's are ready to assume a larger role as well as addressing the deficiency of DT.  I know we are not used to productive pass catching TE's here but things change.  Croom strikes me as the type of guy as he grows he is capable of operating 15-20 yards down from the LOS.

I agree - I think we are going to see a lot more of Croom as the season goes on.

I also believe this move was to roll with Ray-Ray and Foster - two younger guys that Allen has a connection with.  When I was at camp Foster was the only receiver who really stood out to me - I think the angst over his terrible hands is a little overblown - I think he figures it out.  Also I still never got over how tiny Kerley was.