Bills Release WR Jeremy Kerley; Sign DT Robert Thomas from PS

26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Should have cut Dimarco instead but I’m not mad at it. I’d rather play young receivers to see if any of them can play. We know Kerley is never going to be better than okay. Maybe someone like McCloud can become a quality NFL receiver? If so, that’s one less that you will need moving forward.

Again my point, if you cut a team captain maybe you create a bigger conflict or there is some really  ugly inside the team

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I don't see why they did this but to say they don't plan seems silly.  You just don't like their plan

Yes, they either have no plan or the one they have isn’t well thought out...how is that?

if they didn’t like Kerley all that much, I wish they would have kept Streater.

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

This hysteria over the move releasing a mediocre at best WR.

One season after making the playoffs McDermott and Beane are idiots who have no idea what they're doing.   

Only Bills fans..........

It must be because McDermott loves Jesus.

Just now, Mike in Syracuse said:

This hysteria over the move releasing a mediocre at best WR.

One season after making the playoffs McDermott and Beane are idiots who have no idea what they're doing.   

Only Bills fans..........

Only Bills fans what?

Only Bills fans would like to see their team finish a season better than the bottom 3 and not be a perpetual national joke? 

For the "R-E-L-A-X" type crowd....do you actually care if the Bills win or lose?  Is this just a passing, casual interest of yours?

We're headed straight for a bottom 3 finish this year.  Do you care?

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm guessing this is the logic behind it. I hope McCloud or Foster can step up. It's a sad state of affairs when releasing Jeremy Kerley is widely seen as a questionable move.

Then WHY did Kerley even make the team over a 2 year cost controlled contract former top WR in college. 

Stop the spin OBD

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

YES 

lets Sign a DT and Release a WR way to help Allen Jesus 

begining to question the process 

Beginning?

When they trade all their draft capital to take a QB rough around the edges like Allen, and bring in a guy to be his QB coach that hasn’t done so since Joe Montana was still winning SuperBowls, you realize their is no real formula or process...

Here in Rochester the guys @ 95.7 keep throwing around the term “cronyism” and I think that’s the only “process” we are getting here in Buffalo.   The “process” of being Carolina II and filling vital coaching positions with McD’s buddies like Castillo and Culley rather than innovative thinkers... or just Jordan Palmer at least since he did so much to help Allen’s game.

Besides who needs receivers when the QB never has a clean pocket and is running for his life all game anyway.  Atleast we released Washington, and Kerley. They were clearly the problem in Baltimore...

19 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

Not sure why everyone is surprised by this....

1. we just cut a Dt earlier in the week, and need 4 to rotate

2. Kerley isn't head and shoulders above Ray Ray or Foster, and only signed a 1yr deal

3. this gives our younger WRs an opportunity to probe themselves (keep in mind this is a rebuild year)

Well, now THAT ought to put fans in the stands! ?

I sincerely hope Pegula dosent do to this team what hes done to the Sabres.

I have no faith that this GM will make the right FA moves with our money next year or draft the best possible player of need for our team.

Someone show me a great trade or fa acqusition they have made thus far?

Ill hang up and listen!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Fadingpain said:

Only Bills fans what?

Only Bills fans would like to see their team finish a season better than the bottom 3 and not be a perpetual national joke? 

For the "R-E-L-A-X" type crowd....do you actually care if the Bills win or lose?  Is this just a passing, casual interest of yours?

I’d rather they set up for success long term rather than win a few games this year. I also think a lot of the over reaction to every move made is silly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Only Bills fans what?

10 picks in the draft, and Nick Bosa is going to look lovely in royal blue. Lord knows we need some real homegrown talent.

12 minutes ago, poblano said:

Again my point, if you cut a team captain maybe you create a bigger conflict or there is some really  ugly inside the team

Again, he brings nothing to the team. He played one offensive snap. Someone else can step into that leadership role pretty easily. There is no place in today’s NFL for a $2M a year fullback that plays one snap. They should have cut him along with others last year that would have netted comp picks.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Big C said:

Maybe Kerley is one of those guys we release and bring back at another time? If we released any of the other receivers I'm sure they would get scooped up by another team. Kerley doesn't really have value to another team right now.

I can see that happening. No matter what the Bills are on the hook for his full salary.

Hopefully, this is a sign that maybe they think that the TE's are ready to assume a larger role as well as addressing the deficiency of DT.  I know we are not used to productive pass catching TE's here but things change.  Croom strikes me as the type of guy as he grows he is capable of operating 15-20 yards down from the LOS.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't wanna be angry no more

We need more love on this board GOAT....You all are like sisters and brothers to me.  Cutting Jeremy Kerley and activating Bob Thomas (he might prefer Robert) is not going to get in the way of family.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ThunderGun said:

Beginning?

When they trade all their draft capital to take a QB rough around the edges like Allen, and bring in a guy to be his QB coach that hasn’t done so since Joe Montana was still winning SuperBowls, you realize their is no real formula or process...

Here in Rochester the guys @ 95.7 keep throwing around the term “cronyism” and I think that’s the only “process” we are getting here in Buffalo.   The “process” of being Carolina II and filling vital coaching positions with McD’s buddies like Castillo and Culley rather than innovative thinkers... or just Jordan Palmer at least since he did so much to help Allen’s game.

Besides who needs receivers when the QB never has a clean pocket and is running for his life all game anyway.  Atleast we released Washington, and Kerley. They were clearly the problem in Baltimore...

I have serious doubts about this regime. But trying to hold off on airing them. Getting harder and harder 

• Like (+1) 1

If McD isn't losing the team, he's losing the fanbase quickly.  I'd have cut Lacey Underall, just for that bonehead offsides on the Cravens 4th and 5 punt.  But let's cut our most productive WR instead, yeah, that's the ticket!  Let's keep a FB who is completely useless on the team.  Veteran leadership?  We cut Fred Jackson, and Fred was WAY more productive than DiMarco.  And I don't care what PFF says about Vlad Ducaca being our best OL last week, that guy needs to GO!  Trust the process?  What process?  Good players get cut, crappy players stay?  

2 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

I’d rather they set up for success long term rather than win a few games this year. I also think a lot of the over reaction to every move made is silly. 

Ok if thats what you want and that is the latest spin out of OBD. 

Why keep Kerley And Holmes over Coleman  and Reilly?

why even start Peterman 

why is Bills one of the OLDEST NFL Rosters 

• Like (+1) 2