Bills Release WR Jeremy Kerley; Sign DT Robert Thomas from PS

26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How many NFL teams have a FB. And does that hurt them EVER??? Jist goes right in line with the 1960s Thinking of football from this fanbase and regime 

How many fans go crazy about a journeyman WR that had 2 catches for 7 yards?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How many NFL teams have a FB. And does that hurt them EVER??? Jist goes right in line with the 1960s Thinking of football from this fanbase and regime 

You should get off this forum for a while. It's been a few hours. Maybe get some air. 

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Again are you starting a Rookie QB?  Doesnt it make sense to have Weapons for your Rookie QB. I mean football speaking as you say. Specially when one of your WRs is coming off an INJ and has not practiced Fully yet since camp

And if you wanted your 4th DT maybe cut Lacy a LBer that does Nothing for you instead of cutting in a super weak position Already. And leave your Rookie QB with all the weapons you can get him you know FOOTBALL SPEAKING as you say

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok then he better have over 10 snaps whats do you think those odds will be?

Depends on the Offense they are playing against.
not a stat i judge by. Context,

Every offense and defense Bills go up against are game planned for. whether Bills run heavy sets. spread em out. Go deep and over the top.chunk plays, horizontal. good teams change each week.
If Coaches could have more specialized package players they would. Yes player flexibility is very important !
But Star was brought in to stop the runners and eat them. He is not a penetrating rusher like Kyle is.

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Eventually people will realize McBeane aren't some geniuses with a "plan" and are just some inexperienced guys making a lot of mistakes as they try and figure this thing out. 

Its what you get when your inexperienced owner who doesn't know the sport too well is easily swayed during the interview process. 

because i love you

you are likely full on correct with your perspective. except the bolded. I do not think The Pegulas will ever make the Rex mistake again.

Hi  Russ  !

Edited by 3rdand12

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

Depends on the Offense they are playing against.
not a stat i judge by. Context,

Every offense and defense Bills go up against are game planned for. whether Bills run heavy sets. spread em out. Go deep and over the top.chunk plays, horizontal. good teams change each week.
If Coaches could have more specialized package players they would. Yes player flexibility is very important !
But Star was brought in to stop the runners and eat them. He is not a penetrating rusher like Kyle is.

Then he was way overpaid bit not going to get into this here. But fine you NEED a 4 DT ok I get it. Do you NEED Lacy? 4 OTs? 4 OGs? 2 C? A FB that gives you nothing. A RB that does the same?

There are so many OTHER Players to cut instead of stripping a weapon from your Rookie QB in his first start when you have a WR that hasnt had a full go practice since camp. 

13 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

What if I am?  Still doesn't change the fact that we need 4 healthy DTs to rotate and Kerley isn't changing the outcome if we have success passing the football tomorrow...

News flash, Josh Allen will still be the one throwing passes to equally as talented receivers 

Then why did they release Washington in the first place?  If they felt that they had to do this, then why didn't they just promote Thomas from the PS in the first place?

10 minutes ago, White Linen said:

We didn't get into the good and smart decisions.  We just debated the bad one's on offense.  To be clear, I'm not a homer and I'm not totally defending them.  They've made mistakes, they've made good decisions and there's a ton of incomplete grades.  I'm nervous but I'm also not ready to say they can't get this done either.  

What "good decisions" would those be, especially on offense?   Trading away Darby for  Matthews wasn't a good move.  Neither was letting EJ Gaines walk away.  Trading away Watkins who was the only speed receiver the Bills had and who could catch anything near him for a draft pick and then using a draft pick to get Kelvin, a much less talented receiver with chronically bad knees and apparently stone hands doesn't look particularly good either. 

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

i am pleased you have included your self here amongst us.

or have you ?

20 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

1. we need Wrs to fill out the training camp roster

2. he was signed Before the draft

3. he provides veteran guidance to a young wr core

4. he likely wouldn't have made final cuts if Ray Ray wasn't injured

Releasing Kerley doesn't dictate or even directionally measure the overall plan that Beane and McDermott have.  He was a fringe player, not someone they were counting toward their future "core"

That Fringe player was starting.  It seems a vet would help a guy like Allen.  Seems there were better options to let go of.  No, Kerley isn't the future, but that was the case when they signed him and when they started him last week.  Ray Ray hasn't practiced fully this week.  I don't know if his status had anything to do with Kerley.

Edited by purple haze

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Again are you starting a Rookie QB?  Doesnt it make sense to have Weapons for your Rookie QB. I mean football speaking as you say. Specially when one of your WRs is coming off an INJ and has not practiced Fully yet since camp

And if you wanted your 4th DT maybe cut Lacy a LBer that does Nothing for you instead of cutting in a super weak position Already. And leave your Rookie QB with all the weapons you can get him you know FOOTBALL SPEAKING as you say

You're question has been responded to and you won't hear it.  You're stuck on that it's a stupid move and won't consider another thought.  

Several of us have said on the surface it doesn't make sense so let's try to discuss why it would make sense to THEM that are running the team.  Responses have been given but if we don't agree that they're stupid and you know better - then we're dumb too.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I don't understand the move myself.  The DT I get.  I wonder if they see better matchups with the TEs vs. WRs tomorrow.

Be interesting to see the inactive tomorrow.  If Lee sits again I'll be scratching my head.

Khari you mean ?
I think they like he and Croom and have some hope. Thomas is a bit of a hybrid so they need to make use of him. But they ALL need to learn how to block and quick !!

: ) 

Edited by 3rdand12
Grammar

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

Khari you mean ?
I think they like him and Croom and have some hope. Thomas is a bit of a hybrid so they need to make use of him. But they ALL need to learn how to block and quick !!

: ) 

Yeah Khari.  He's their blocking TE.  Given they let a WR go andvthe state of the line I will be stunned if he sits tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I don't understand the move myself.  The DT I get.  I wonder if they see better matchups with the TEs vs. WRs tomorrow.

Be interesting to see the inactive tomorrow.  If Lee sits again I'll be scratching my head.

Will the Chargers be stacking the box ? and force the throwing game ?

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Yeah Khari.  He's their blocking TE.  Given they let a WR go andvthe state of the line I will be stunned if he sits tomorrow.

Very good point then.
Lets hope Dimarco gets some reps as well then !

MAJbobby and others might be placated some what..

Will the Chargers be stacking the box ? and force the throwing game ?

We'll see.  I like everyone am very interested to see how Allen does.   I hope they let him loose -and don't try to coddle him.  Of course it would help if the line and guys like Benjamin decide to play.

We'll see.  I like everyone am very interested to see how Allen does.   I hope they let him loose -and don't try to coddle him.  Of course it would help if the line and guys like Benjamin decide to play.

They sure need to make a solid effort to help the kid out. Daboll as well.

Very good point then.
Lets hope Dimarco gets some reps as well then !

MAJbobby and others might be placated some what..

Again I don't understand the move.  But I do think it's funny to watch the reactions.  They make it up as they go along, they have no plan....

If there's anything we should know by now it's that Beane and McD think through their decisions.  Doesn't mean the decisions pan out.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, White Linen said:

How many other teams have the dearth at WR we have?  how many other teams had historically bad shawty Nate throwing their WRs the football?  It's all relative.They must have thought he was good when they signed him instead of other guys.  What happened? Did Kerley forget how to play, or was it bad talent evaluation (AGAIN)?

Edited by reddogblitz

Again I don't understand the move.  But I do think it's funny to watch the reactions.  They make it up as they go along, they have no plan....

If there's anything we should know by now it's that Beane and McD think through their decisions.  Doesn't mean the decisions pan out.

as i mentioned upstream. Everyone has a method. and they all have faults.

7 minutes ago, SoTier said:

What "good decisions" would those be, especially on offense?   Trading away Darby for  Matthews wasn't a good move.  Neither was letting EJ Gaines walk away.  Trading away Watkins who was the only speed receiver the Bills had and who could catch anything near him for a draft pick and then using a draft pick to get Kelvin, a much less talented receiver with chronically bad knees and apparently stone hands doesn't look particularly good either. 

I said on offense there haven't been many, we agree.  Any offensive decisions that I think are "good" are still incomplete - so I'm worried for sure.  

There has been so much player movement since they took over - my head spins.  I think without going through each and every one,  I'd give them a grade of a C.  As I reconcile them in my mind - I see a good one for every bad one.  Again, even the "good" ones aren't settled.  

It's been nearly a total roster rebuild and none of us know how it will work out coupled with a massive amount of cap space coming.  I'm waiting with baited breathe.  I guess I'm just more willing than most to give them the benefit of my doubt because last year deserves a certain amount of respect.  

I can tell you this though.  I'm not going to get all nuts over Jeremy Kerley.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think Daboll is perhaps the most important decision made in the offseason, for better or worse.

110%

absotively. and he just had his asterisk dumped into the deep end.

I am quite sincerely hanging my Hat on Daboll as the future. and i do have some faith in this acquisition
Geebuz watch over me and Brian : )

110%

absotively. and he just had his asterisk dumped into the deep end.

I am quite sincerely hanging my Hat on Daboll as the future. and i do have some faith in this acquisition
Geebuz watch over me and Brian : )

When I grasp for hope after that first game I land on Daboll too.  Ever how wrong I may prove to be.  

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I haven’t read all 17 pages but I’m assuming he was a better fit for the offense they would run with Peterman than with Allen, and that Ray Ray may be active who has had more reps with him. Probably could re-sign him later if no one else picks him up. 

Ray Ray is listed as Questionable.

5 minutes ago, RFL said:

Yeah, whats another 1mil on the dead cap.....

Process also apparently means we love dead cap space.

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If there's anything we should know by now it's that Beane and McD think through their decisions.  

Do they really?

I am not so sure.

I have said if for a while now.  I feel sorry for both our QBs (now Josh) and Shady.

• Like (+1) 1

McBeanes Assistant: hey i think we could use some help at WR and OL to protect our 1st round investment.

McBeane: were gonna cut our only decent vet WR with speed.

McBeanes assistant: ok great, that means were gonna open up a roster spot for a new WR or OL were bringing in through a trade.

McBeane: signs a DT from the ps, trades for no one.

Mcbeane assitant: *face palm*

• Haha (+1) 1