Bills Release WR Jeremy Kerley; Sign DT Robert Thomas from PS

26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I can't disagree with anything you said. No one expected this team to be good this year with the loss of Glenn, Incognito and Wood. Or the epic failure of Peter Pan. But now we're starting to see disturbing moves that make no sense for the future.  There never was a process. Just 2 guys shooting from the hip.

God Help Us....

I am not sure i want to define my opinions after getting butthurt (me ) week one against Baltimore. Worst game i have watched in many years.

but still , that is not what this team can do overall.
 do they recover ? Let us hope so.

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

DiMarco played 1 (ONE) offensive snap last week. Really don't care that hes a "leader"..someone else can step into that role. He offers nothing to the offense. And having guys that do well on special teams is awesome...providing you have an offense that can move the Damn ball. 

We have no one that can catch, slim at CB facing Rivers...yea lets promote a DT and cut a guy that could actually help. Ridiculous.

You've likely never played a team sport, if u think finding a true leader is as simple as you stated

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Then until they do that fans will continue to question their thinking. Sorry thats how it works. We also see trends with these two it is their boys and defense that keep getting the benefit of assets. So the Process smells alot like cronyism to me. 

And I do look at the move from a football mindset. Albiet an objective one, not one that slops up “The Process”

Once again you're missing it.  I'll try one more time because you're so mired in your anger and negativity that it's tough to have a football discussion with you.  You have no other recourse if someone doesn't wallow in it with you than to name call.  

It's not about seeing the decision as correct or that you agree.  It's about discussing why was it made if you put aside that they're stupid.  You don't want to do that, which is fine but there is more to it than that.  I'm interested in - what was their rationale?   As you suggest, it's hard to know because they don't discuss anything but I think it's at least worth trying to discuss possibilities beyond the surface of what appears to be a bad decision.  

What would you say, if he gets brought back?

7 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Any fair minded fan understands what you're saying some decisions they've made especially on offense.  I do think you have to be a little more fair in your assessment though.   I'm still glad Sammy is gone.  Woods was a mistake and should have been paid here.  Goodwin c'mon,  it was pretty easy to give up on him for multiple reasons.  Glenn's injuries were a major concern (I liked him and wanted to keep him) so it was at least an understandable risk.  The hiring and firing of Dennison was bad then good to fire him - there weren't a lot of OC's to choose from.  Ducasse is a disaster for sure.  Wood and Richie was unfortunate not anything they necessarily did/chose.  Tolbert is gone just like Dennison.  

More important than any decision - They 100% deserve the Peterman starting criticism.  Yet they don't swim in it - they moved on.  Granted they put themselves in a terrible situation so again deserve much criticism.  

I'm not sure why you think I have hope in their offensive decisions, I don't.  I do believe the hope is in Allen and the massive amount of cap space we have next year and the year after.  The team will look entirely different.  I don't know they'll make good decisions because they've made as many bad ones as good ones.  However that's where we are, a team with a rookie QB and cap space.  

That's a fair and reasoned response but a lot of excuses for "smart people" making these decisions.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yeah, I got that.  But if he, or any tall receiver, can't catch, they are of no use.  Not saying to cut KB right now, but he has a lot to prove and he is one of the guys being counted on to step up.  Both KB and Clay.

you said he is being counted on.

No question. What do we have behind him ? Not Kerley anymore.
Thin at WR skill. so stone hands KB is what we got for now. Throw it high and hope benjamin

2 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

Well Ray Ray is coming back from an injury that held him out of week 1, so you connect the dots

Again, why sign Kerley in the first place if you are committed to a rebuild?  That's the issue. What is the plan?  Beane's moves don't come with a dot connector.  

They want to win, but now that Peterman wet the bed again, they will rebuild after all?  

3 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

You've likely never played a team sport, if u think finding a true leader is as simple as you stated

So Pat Dimarco who plays 1 freaking offensive snap is a true leader. Ha ha ha ha thanks for that laugh needed it. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Are you related to someone on the staff, or just that blind to how dumb their decisions are? Why would you start your rookie QB against a top defense and then cut the only WR that gets open?

What if I am?  Still doesn't change the fact that we need 4 healthy DTs to rotate and Kerley isn't changing the outcome if we have success passing the football tomorrow...

News flash, Josh Allen will still be the one throwing passes to equally as talented receivers 

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Once again you're missing it.  I'll try one more time because you're so mired in your anger and negativity that it's tough to have a football discussion with you.  You have no other recourse if someone doesn't wallow in it with you than to name call.  

It's not about seeing the decision as correct or that you agree.  It's about discussing why was it made if you put aside that they're stupid.  You don't want to do that, which is fine but there is more to it than that.  I'm interested in - what was their rationale?   As you suggest, it's hard to know because they don't discuss anything but I think it's at least worth trying to discuss possibilities beyond the surface of what appears to be a bad decision.  

What would you say, if he gets brought back?

What is better football wise a Vet WR for your Rookies first start? Or a DT that will get 10 snaps?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

So Pat Dimarco who plays 1 freaking offensive snap is a true leader. Ha ha ha ha thanks for that laugh needed it. 

Again, there are many more ways of contributing to team success....remind me can Kerley outperform Dimarco on Special Teams...bc he played 69% of snaps last week and sure didn't so anything on offense either 

1 minute ago, purple haze said:

Again, why sign Kerley in the first place if you are committed to a rebuild?  That's the issue. What is the plan?  Beane's moves don't come with a dot connector.  

They want to win, but now that Peterman wet the bed again, they will rebuild after all?  

It is difficult to process .
Hopefully hindsight will enlighten us.

maybe Bills want Allen to grow synergy with the WR group who are up and coming. Level of comfort and camaraderie and stuff

11 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Neither could KB and I haven't heard of him being released.  But KB is an ex Carolina guy, so...

Not that he is much better. KB size probably helps him. Kerley wasn't very good WR, he was average at best. I don't think this really hurts us, but after last weeks performance everything is doomed.

I will wait a few more weeks to see if that is the case. 1 game in, 15 to go. Hard to judge on 1 week, with a lot of new pieces. Maybe they aren't as bad or maybe they're worse.. We should know in a couple months.

It's not like we thought we were really winning anything this year. 

1 minute ago, dabills21 said:

What if I am?  Still doesn't change the fact that we need 4 healthy DTs to rotate and Kerley isn't changing the outcome if we have success passing the football tomorrow...

News flash, Josh Allen will still be the one throwing passes to equally as talented receivers 

What Fact? Why do we NEED four DTs. Why?

there will be what 60 Snaps. So you are telling me between Star, Kyle and Harrison they cannot pick up the extra 15 snaps max?

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That's a fair and reasoned response but a lot of excuses for "smart people" making these decisions.

We didn't get into the good and smart decisions.  We just debated the bad one's on offense.  To be clear, I'm not a homer and I'm not totally defending them.  They've made mistakes, they've made good decisions and there's a ton of incomplete grades.  I'm nervous but I'm also not ready to say they can't get this done either.  

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

********* Breaking **********

OBD top 2019 UFA TGTs

Ryan Kalil -C

Thomas Davis - OLB

Julius Peppers - DE

Devin Funchess - WR 

Chris Clark - OT

I'll take Kalil, Funchess, and Clark.  Any chance we could get Kuechley while we're at it?  Carolina will now have two teams - the Panthers and Bills.

Again, there are many more ways of contributing to team success....remind me can Kerley outperform Dimarco on Special Teams...bc he played 69% of snaps last week and sure didn't so anything on offense either 

What did Dimarco DO on special teams last week?

23 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Get used to it. They're picking Oliver #1 in April. They better spend all 90 million on OL/WR.

Reality is that quality OLers seldom hit FA unless they are prohibitively expensive.  Most of the OLers available in FA are either at the end of their careers or they suck.  The same with top WRs although the situation isn't as dire; there are usually a better selection of mid-level WRs.  The Bills could have had two very good WRs in Woods and Goodwin for several more years for less than what 1 WR similar to Woods in talent will cost them in 2019.

Another problem the Bills will face next year in FA is that they will have to again pay more than they should to acquire top FAs because of how badly the team is likely to be. 

you do see Dimarco's jersey near the play often. Coverage he stands out to me. Holmes too.

Just now, snamsnoops said:

Not that he is much better. KB size probably helps him. Kerley wasn't very good WR, he was average at best. I don't think this really hurts us, but after last weeks performance everything is doomed.

I will wait a few more weeks to see if that is the case. 1 game in, 15 to go. Hard to judge on 1 week, with a lot of new pieces. Maybe they aren't as bad or maybe they're worse.. We should know in a couple months.

Kelvin Benjamin's size doesn't mean anything because he doesn't utilize it, he might as well be 5'10 190 pounds.  

Just now, MAJBobby said:

there will be what 60 Snaps. So you are telling me between Star, Kyle and Harrison they cannot pick up the extra 15 snaps max?

This isn't worth my time, but let's state the obvious:

1. we have an aging Kyle Williams

2. a rookie Dt

3. you need guys to backup in case of injury

4. most importantly, go look back at the many copied tweets from others stating that McDermott rotates 4 Dts each game

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, snamsnoops said:

Coherent post and I agree with you.  My, and probably other's contention, is that I thought we were getting away from bad contracts resulting in more dead cap.  We've added to that with McCarron and now Kerley.  We're locked into Star through next year, I believe.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Packages. you do not know this ?
just like nickel and dime secondary, the D line changes as well.
and because Washington is gone they needed to fill the roster spot. 

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Would you be happy with a team down 20-0 early to go with a FB run heavy offense to finish the game?

If he played more than one snap you'd be absolutely freaking out - except that would be for good reason.  The reasons you're freaking out Dimarco didn't play are actually emotional and not football related.  

2. a rookie Dt

4. most importantly, go look back at the many copied tweets from others stating that McDermott rotates 4 Dts each game

1. We have an aging KB

2. Ton of Rookie WRs

3. You need BUs (actually starters) with Ray Ray coming off INJ maybe

4. Of course he does and he also doesnt know offense so easy to take from there 

Tomorrow is going to be interesting in terms of whether McCloud is active.

This just can NOT be due to confidence in Foster. I mean I thought he was rather likely to make the roster because of Dabol, but it's obvious that at the very least he needs some time to gain some confidence in catching the football.

McCloud, on the other hand, looked pretty ready to play and contribute. And the chemistry between Allen and McCloud was palpable.

We're probably going to see a lot of 2 TE sets and I wonder if Croom is a name we start hearing a lot.

4 minutes ago, White Linen said:

We didn't get into the good and smart decisions.  We just debated the bad one's on offense.  To be clear, I'm not a homer and I'm not totally defending them.  They've made mistakes, they've made good decisions and there's a ton of incomplete grades.  I'm nervous but I'm also not ready to say they can't get this done either.  

Where are these good decisions on offense? That is what we were talking about. I don't see many and I mentioned the very few that they have made so far. Josh. Dawkins. Ivory/Murphy. 

1 minute ago, Julio Hopkins said:

Kelvin Benjamin's size doesn't mean anything because he doesn't utilize it, he might as well be 5'10 190 pounds.  

you didn't see how well he pushed off in the endzone for what could have been a game winner in the playoffs ?

oh

well that was because he over ran the route and did not look for the ball going to the spot.
He's just that strong

8 minutes ago, purple haze said:

1. we need Wrs to fill out the training camp roster

2. he was signed Before the draft

3. he provides veteran guidance to a young wr core

4. he likely wouldn't have made final cuts if Ray Ray wasn't injured

Releasing Kerley doesn't dictate or even directionally measure the overall plan that Beane and McDermott have.  He was a fringe player, not someone they were counting toward their future "core"

1 hour ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

its a place holder year.  With 50 million of dead cap, the roster is going to be crap.  But it will be rolled over completely next year with virtually no dead cap and a franchise qB in Josh Allen to build around. 

You better hope these guys can draft of whatever.  They got a lot of self dug holes to fill.  More will.open up after the season.

Just because you have 90 million in cap space or whatever doesn't mean guys like Julio Jones and Aaron Donald and Andrew Whitworth fall in your lap.  

If they're good they may be able to get the talent level back up to 2014/2015 talent level by 2020. And that's if Josh turns out to be as good as Kyle Orton which is anything but guaranteed.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

Packages. you do not know this ?
just like nickel and dime secondary, the D line changes as well.
and because Washington is gone they needed to fill the roster spot. 

Ok then he better have over 10 snaps whats do you think those odds will be?

6 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

It is difficult to process .
Hopefully hindsight will enlighten us.

maybe Bills want Allen to grow synergy with the WR group who are up and coming. Level of comfort and camaraderie and stuff

You get it 3rd.  We don't know why and maybe it will make more sense later.  At least you're giving a reason to try and understand here.  

7 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

And I would take 2 catches and 2 returns over 1 grand old Tackle from the Core ST Dimarco lol

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Tomorrow is going to be interesting in terms of whether McCloud is active.

This just can NOT be due to confidence in Foster. I mean I thought he was rather likely to make the roster because of Dabol, but it's obvious that at the very least he needs some time to gain some confidence in catching the football.

McCloud, on the other hand, looked pretty ready to play and contribute. And the chemistry between Allen and McCloud was palpable.

We're probably going to see a lot of 2 TE sets and I wonder if Croom is a name we start hearing a lot.

We are definitely going to see a lot of 2 TE and maybe some 3.

4 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

2. a rookie Dt

And fine they need four DTs. So why do they NEED Dimarco, Lacy, Holmes, McDermott, Newhouse???

Just now, reddogblitz said:

You better hope these guys can draft of whatever.  They got a lot of self dug holes to fill.  More will.open up after the season.

Just because you have 90 million in cap space or whatever doesn't mean guys like Julio Jones and Aaron Donald and Andrew Whitworth fall in your lap.  

If they're good they may be able to get the talent level back up to 2014/2015 by 2020. And that's if Josh turns out to be as good as Kyle Orton which is anything but guaranteed.

Look at any NFL roster from 4 seasons ago. 80% of it will have turned over since then. On every team. The concept in the NFL is to assemble about 5 key assets 6 if your lucky, and rotate players around them.  We may have 2 in place now with Allen and Edmunds.   T

4 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Would you be happy with a team down 20-0 early to go with a FB run heavy offense to finish the game?

If he played more than one snap you'd be absolutely freaking out - except that would be for good reason.  The reasons you're freaking out Dimarco didn't play are actually emotional and not football related.  

How many NFL teams have a FB. And does that hurt them EVER??? Jist goes right in line with the 1960s Thinking of football from this fanbase and regime 

Edited by MAJBobby

5 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

1. we need Wrs to fill out the training camp roster

2. he was signed Before the draft

3. he provides veteran guidance to a young wr core

4. he likely wouldn't have made final cuts if Ray Ray wasn't injured

Releasing Kerley doesn't dictate or even directionally measure the overall plan that Beane and McDermott have.  He was a fringe player, not someone they were counting toward their future "core"

good and fair take. and a nice point about the pre draft insurance reasoning

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Where are these good decisions on offense? That is what we were talking about. I don't see many and I mentioned the very few that they have made so far. Josh. Dawkins. Ivory/Murphy. 

Oh ok, on offense only,  we agree.  It's not been many.  Let's agree also that if they end up being right on Allen and Dawkins - QB and left tackle are two good ones to be right about. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How many NFL teams have a FB. And does that hurt them EVER??? Jist goes right in line with the 1960s Thinking of football from this fanbase and regime 

I don't necessarily have a problem with a FB on the roster.  Just use the FB, which we did not during week 1.  DiMarco did nothing, so I can see your gripe here.