Bills Release WR Jeremy Kerley; Sign DT Robert Thomas from PS

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Process also apparently means we love dead cap space.

Do they really?

I am not so sure.

I have said if for a while now.  I feel sorry for both our QBs (now Josh) and Shady.

Yes they do.  Just because you don't like a decision doesn't mean they don't put a lot of thought into them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, White Linen said:

You're question has been responded to and you won't hear it.  You're stuck on that it's a stupid move and won't consider another thought.  

Several of us have said on the surface it doesn't make sense so let's try to discuss why it would make sense to THEM that are running the team.  Responses have been given but if we don't agree that they're stupid and you know better - then we're dumb too.  

Not one person explained to me how Lacy is more important to this team than a weapon for Allen. Or how McDermott is more important Sunday (will be inactive again like his entire Bills career watch) is more important than a Weapon for Allen 

Football Speaking as you say

3 hours ago, Rico said:

I'm not exactly thrilled with the WRs, but Kerley was my surprise cut for the final 53. Not much upside at all, dime-a-dozen scrub. Let the young guys play, and pick someone else up just like him later if you need to.

i was hoping reilly would have taken kerley's spot, but now there's just a hole....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Exactly my question. 

It frustrates me when people allude to our massive dead cap hit as a reason the Bills couldn't, just COULDN'T, bring in better OL or WR talent - but the Bills are acting as though $4.6M in dead cap for two released WR (one of whom we're now paying to play for a division rival) is just chump change. 

Mike Pouncey's base salary with San Diego is $5M.  If we manage to "push him around" on Sunday I'll stand down on this point.

I've been skeptical about McBeane's personnel moves from day one, but I have been hoping that I was wrong about them. I still hope I am wrong and that their plan (assuming they have one, and "trust the process" doesn't just mean, "we're smarter than everybody so do it our way") works out. The Bills at this point really need them to make good personnel decisions considering where they have taken this roster so far.

If Allen works out it will make a big difference in my assessment of them. 

Edited by Dr. K

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

fair enough : )

On the surface I understand the signing of the Rotational DT. 

However I don’t understand the release of Kerley to do it. Specially when Ray Ray hasnt had a full practice since camp. Now you are going to ask him to take Kerleys 66 percent of Snaps AND then what who is returning for you Murphy?  So going to ask your RB to take on a Bigger role in the return game when you likely are going to be running more to protect Allen. 

But yet Career Inactive player in McDermott sticks? When you already have 3 other OTs?  Or Lacy Sticks?  I probably would have been just upset if it was Holmes that was cut (though I think he is useless as well) but he is a Weapon for your Rookie QB. 

That is my entire point this move does NOTHING to help make it easier for your rookie QB. 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Bobby

These knee jerk reactions really do not become you......take a deep breath and lets see what actually happens on the field.......not after game 1

Again is it SMART football taking a weapon away from your Rookie QB before his first ever start when you have less contributors like Lacy, Dimarco, McDermott  on the team. Sorry people just want to gloss over that fact 

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I am quite sincerely hanging my Hat on Daboll as the future. 

I would not be surprised if Daboll becomes the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills (or interim head coach).  When or if that happens will depend on whether we have many more franchise embarrassing losses like we have had this year, last year (and next year presuming McBeane last until next season).

I do think that it typically makes sense not to fire a coach in less than two years etc.  One of the problems with this team has been lack of continuity.  Nevertheless, we have had more embarrassing losses in the past year than we have had in a while.   I really hope they can get it together.  I also hope that we can somehow give Josh enough tools around him to develop intro the QB the braintrust thinks he is especially given how much we had to give up to be in position to draft him.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Again is it SMART football taking a weapon away from your Rookie QB before his first ever start when you have less contributors like Lacy, Dimarco, McDermott  on the team. Sorry people just want to gloss over that fact 

They cut Washinton and needed a DT

Maybe they are planning on running more 2 TE sets

Maybe they think one of the other WR's can play the slot is better, younger, cheaper

Maybe Kerley is really not a super star.....more like a complimentary player

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

I would not be surprised if Daboll becomes the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills (or interim head coach).  When or if that happens will depend on whether we have many more franchise embarrassing losses like we have had this year, last year (and next year presuming McBeane last until next season).

I do think that it typically makes sense not to fire a coach in less than two years etc.  One of the problems with this team has been lack of continuity.  Nevertheless, we have had more embarrassing losses in the past year than we have had in a while.   I really hope they can get it together.  I also hope that we can somehow give Josh enough tools around him to develop intro the QB the braintrust thinks he is especially given how much we had to give up to be in position to draft him.

I hate to keep bringing this up but this HC is also the one who led them to the playoffs last year.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They cut Washinton and needed a DT

Maybe they are planning on running more 2 TE sets

Maybe they think one of the other WR's can play the slot is better, younger, cheaper

Maybe Kerley is really not a super star.....more like a complimentary player

So I am giving the assumption they NEED 4DTs.

Again what about Lacy or the Career Inactive McDermott. 

So again what happens is Ray Rays knee has a set back?

so if you want to play the what if game then If McLouds knee isnt ready does having McDermott on the team inactive help Allen over having Kerley on the team?

Edited by MAJBobby

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I haven’t read all 17 pages but I’m assuming he was a better fit for the offense they would run with Peterman than with Allen, and that Ray Ray may be active who has had more reps with him. Probably could re-sign him later if no one else picks him up. 

I agree with you.  Allen has a little brett favre in him, and on broken plays Ray Ray could play street ball with him and Foster takes the top off.  They both offer Josh more playmaking ability than Kerley.  And besides, we need 4 DT.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes they do.  Just because you don't like a decision doesn't mean they don't put a lot of thought into them.

I am not impressed with the thought "process."

I am wondering how much "thought" went into trading the only other experienced QB we had who knew the playbook for a 5th round pick when it appears we are going to need someone else along the way.

I wonder how much thought went into not making sure that we had a good enough offensive line to maximize the opportunity for success for our rookie QB (or any QB) or Shady for that matter.

The one thing I know they do give a lot of thought to is dead cap space.  They have managed to do a good job increasing that.  They better hope that they sign some stellar free agents next year (and don't have to over pay to get them).

Edited by Peter
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Again what about Lacy or the Career Inactive McDermott. 

So again what happens is Ray Rays knee has a set back?

These what ifs are just a waste of your energy sir

Kerley could go out there and be gone for the season the next game

Ray Ray showed pretty well in camp.....on level with Kerley actually and while I know you might hate it....is one of their guys

Just now, Peter said:

I am not impressed with the thought "process."

I am wondering how much "thought" went into trading the only other experienced QB we had who knew the playbook for a 5th round pick when it appears we are going to need someone else along the way.

I wonder how much thought went into not making sure that we had a good enough offensive line maximize the opportunity for success for our rookie QB (or any QB) or Shady for that matter.

The one thing I know they do give a lot of thought to is dead cap space.  They have managed to do a good job increasing that.  They better hope that they sign some stellar free agents next year (and don't have to over pay to get them).

You seemingly refuse to understand that because someone makes a decision you don't like that it means they didn't think about it.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

I agree with you.  Allen has a little brett favre in him, and on broken plays Ray Ray could play street ball with him and Foster takes the top off.  They both offer Josh more playmaking ability than Kerley.  And besides, we need 4 DT.

Do we NEED McDermott or Lacy?

would Kerley knowlege help Ray on sideline or even take some pressure off a knee that we dont know if it is gonna hold up?

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

These what ifs are just a waste of your energy sir

Kerley could go out there and be gone for the season the next game

Ray Ray showed pretty well in camp.....on level with Kerley actually and while I know you might hate it....is one of their guys

You Just ran a bunch of what ifs and Kerley isnt one of my guys. You CLEARLY didnt read what I said Kerley and Holmes should have not been on the roster week 1. But they were. 

So has McLoud had a week of FP since camp?

and for all the chirping people have about a VET QB to help Allen on the sideline wouldnt a VET WR help McCloud?  

How does the Career Inactive McDermott help ANYONE Sunday

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, oldmanfan said:

You seemingly refuse to understand that because someone makes a decision you don't like that it means they didn't think about it.

I am not as impressed with them as you apparently are.  

I also am not impressed that, while they (and others such as yourself) portray themselves as thinking men, they had to steal their catch phrase and could not bother to come up with one themselves.

You are correct.  I do not agree with some of the things they have done.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Do we NEED McDermott or Lacy?

would Kerley knowlege help Ray on sideline or even take some pressure off a knee that we dont know if it is gonna hold up?

You Just ran a bunch of what ifs and Kerley isnt one of my guys. You CLEARLY didnt read what I said Kerley and Holmes should have not been on the roster week 1. But they were. 

So has McLoud had a week of FP since camp?

So given the fact that you feel the team doesnt have good enough WR talent why are you worrying yourself over Kerley?  He is just part of the jag guys....and will get replaced with another jag guy.

We didnt release a number 1 or even a number 2 level guy

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Should I mention Gaines was actually cheaper? If the goal was to maximize next offseason Gaines actually gave us more financial freedom. 

So the example could’ve been instead of star and Davis — just keep dareus and Gaines and have like $7m to spend still. 

Roll that money with coleman, kerley and Newhouse and we are looking at, roughly speaking, $13m to upgrade our OL and WR corp and only looking to replace Newhouse off our existing 53? 

I was operating under the assumption we would have had to beat the Browns contract.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

So given the fact that you feel the team doesnt have good enough WR talent why are you worrying yourself over Kerley?  He is just part of the jag guys....and will get replaced with another jag guy.

We didnt release a number 1 or even a number 2 level guy

Who knows the Hot and Site adjustments better from WR. Jermey Kerley or Conner McDermott 

i mean Football Wise what is better on Sunday. 

Having Kerley on the roster or having Conner McDermott 

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

I am not as impressed with them as you apparently are.  

I also am not impressed that, while they (and others such as yourself) portray themselves as thinking men, they had to steal their catch phrase and could not bother to come up with one themselves.

You are correct.  I do not agree with some of the things they have done.

They make decisions I agree with and ones I don't.  I just don't get all crazy like some around here if they make one I don't like.  I also realize they have access to a whole lot more info than I do on which to base their decisions.

i also don't buy into conspiracy theories like guys have to be Christian or they get cut.  In that regard it's interesting Kerley went to TCU

12 minutes ago, Peter said:

Daboll is far away from me considering or hoping he can be  Bills HC

i just want him to develop a very raw Offense. For me ? that could take a couple years