Bills Release WR Jeremy Kerley; Sign DT Robert Thomas from PS

26CornerBlitz

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Will give Josh Allen bigger and faster targets I suppose.  I think.  I have no idea anymore wtf this front office is thinking.

Well really only Foster is bigger and faster. Not sure he qualifies as a "target" though. So far maybe just a "person of interest" if that.

• Haha (+1) 5

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

So, a Carolina player who badmouthed that organization and its field leader is good enough?  Isn't it possible that McBeady is horrible at judging and managing talent?

Did he badmouth that Organization BEFORE he was traded for From His Friends?

and yed they are horrible at judging talent but if your one of their guys you get a pass. If your not well see the Record Breaking Dead Cap 

23 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

This hurts even more when we could have just re-signed Gaines for Vontae's deal and had a CB who plays 8 games instead of zero.

Should I mention Gaines was actually cheaper? If the goal was to maximize next offseason Gaines actually gave us more financial freedom. 

So the example could’ve been instead of star and Davis — just keep dareus and Gaines and have like $7m to spend still. 

Roll that money with coleman, kerley and Newhouse and we are looking at, roughly speaking, $13m to upgrade our OL and WR corp and only looking to replace Newhouse off our existing 53? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am waiting to see McDs built defense get lit for another 40 plus 

That would be sad.  Have to wonder exactly what Leslie Frazier does during the week.  His defense gets the most resources and attention so what happened against Baltimore really shouldn't happen at all.

• Like (+1) 1

Here just ask yourself this question what is closer to putting your players in their best positions to win, or whats best for the team

1. having a vet WR on your Roster that was open alot last week and played over 60% of your snaps to help with your Rookie QBs first start 

or

2. A PS DT that might get 10-12 snaps?

McDamnit is quickly showing that they really struggle to evaluate our own talent in the off season. These personel decisions are looking like they are just doing the exact opposite of what they should. Watch, the next thing they’ll do is cut Allen and Edwards to sign Derek Anderson and whoever keukley’s backup is...

i was all in with these two until this off season and now I think that we fire bean after the season so we can hire someone with a brain in their head to spend our 90 million dollars on talented players.

we need to replace 4 of 5 offensive linemen, we need to get about 3 receivers. 1 good outside corner. 1 good pass rusher. However, it seems like we will probably take 2safeties, a running back, a punter, a QB and the rest of the picks DT.

“Strengthen our strengths and weaken our weaknesses!” - McDamnit

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Get used to it. They're picking Oliver #1 in April. They better spend all 90 million on OL/WR.

At this point I would not be opposed to trading down, getting an extra 2nd round pick, and going with OL in the 1st round; OL in the 2nd round; OL in the 2nd round again.

All FA money to proven NFL WR's and to fill other holes.

8 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I think it's productive to at least try and understand why.  There is a reason they made the decision other than they're stupid.  

I'm interested in trying to figure out why they came to this decision vs trying to agree or disagree with it.  On the surface it doesn't make sense,  I get that, but they're intelligent people that sat down and discussed this.  

I like them and still do, for now. But there is no evidence that they are smart about offense. They got rid of Sammy, Woods, Goodwin, and now Kerley. They acquired Matthews, KB, Coleman, Zay, Foster and McCloud. The hired and fired Dennison. They hired and kept Castillo, which is worse. They drafted Dawkins but got rid of Glenn. They signed and kept DuCasse. They replaced Wood and Richie (granted, losing them was not their fault but the replacements are) with Bodine and Newhouse, who no one thought were good. They signed and then got rid of AJ. They signed and played Tolbert for an entire season they have now fixed with Ivory and Murphy. They drafted and they started Peterman twice, two of the very worst starts in all of NFL history.

They did draft Josh, who wasnt my first choice even with QBs still available but I very much like him now and if he is a hit, then they will get a lot of respect back. But what is it you think they have done with the offense that gives you so much hope?

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Again Then MAYBE he needs to be a little more forthcoming to the Media 

Well you're not going to get that.  I get that some fans think they have an obligation to explain themselves but there's a lot of head coaches that don't.  At some point you should move past your mindset and try to understand from a football perspective whey they cut Kerley, etc.  If we were privy to being in those meetings - I highly doubt you'd just say they're all stupid and inept.  They consider everything and information we can't have.  

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Get used to it. They're picking Oliver #1 in April. They better spend all 90 million on OL/WR.

Assuming they get to choose, I've been wondering whether it will be Oliver or Bosa. My guess is Bosa but only because I see them wrongly thinking that HP can serve as a reasonable facsimile of an elite 3 tech.

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

At this point I would not be opposed to trading down, getting an extra 2nd round pick, and going with OL in the 1st round; OL in the 2nd round; OL in the 2nd round again.

Switch the two as rookie o line are slow to develop with limited practice in pads 

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Well you're not going to get that.  I get that some fans think they have an obligation to explain themselves but there's a lot of head coaches that don't.  At some point you should move past your mindset and try to understand from a football perspective whey they cut Kerley, etc.  If we were privy to being in those meetings - I highly doubt you'd just say they're all stupid and inept.  They consider everything and information we can't have.  

Then until they do that fans will continue to question their thinking. Sorry thats how it works. We also see trends with these two it is their boys and defense that keep getting the benefit of assets. So the Process smells alot like cronyism to me. 

And I do look at the move from a football mindset. Albiet an objective one, not one that slops up “The Process”

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can’t believe we are rolling our first round rookie QB out tomorrow with weapons that consist of Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones, Andre Holmes, and Ray Ray McCloud. To make matters worse, we have freakin Ryan Groy and Vlad Ducasse protecting him.

Only one gif to sum this one up...giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Guess you missed him wide open on Sunday many times. But OK

he was wide open because the play was already broken down. I saw him once when he should have been targeted for sure by Peterman scanning. 3rd read though

1 minute ago, McBean said:

I can’t believe we are rolling our first round rookie QB out tomorrow with weapons that consist of Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones, Andre Holmes, and Ray Ray McCloud. To make matters worse, we have freakin Ryan Groy and Vlad Ducasse protecting him.

Only one gif to sum this one up...giphy.gif

So who's Sansa in this situation...there is a Sansa right?

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

he was wide open because the play was already broken down. I saw him once when he should have been targeted for sure by Peterman scanning. 3rd read though

On you saw him open Once. Ok let me use that (I disagree but). How many times did you see the following do anything good; Lacy, Dimarco, Holmes, Newhouse, McDermott

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Again Then MAYBE he needs to be a little more forthcoming to the Media 

Why does he have to be more forthcoming? It is not his job to explain himself to the media and fans. He doesnt even have to explain himself to the team. Pegulas and Beane only need to know the reasons. Fans dont want to hear "we have to look at the tape" and "I dont need to elaborate" but how many coaches out there really discuss their decisions? He actually does have to look at the tape....he doesnt get the view from the stands or on TV watching the replays....he sees it from the sideline. He wasnt wrong in playing Peterman. Most people thought he should start by the way he was playing in camp and preseason. He sucked and he got replaced. McDermott isnt going to critique Peterman to the media. We as fans are not entitled to know why all decisions are made. 

21 minutes ago, SoTier said:

What's not funny is an NFL HC selecting players to acquire or get rid of based on factors that are irrelevant to how someone plays football, and there is absolutely nothing more irrelevant than players' religious beliefs -- or lack of same.  I don't know if McDermott is doing that, but he seems to be intolerant of players who don't fit his narrow parameters for acceptable attitudes and behavior regardless of their on-field play.

its worth discussion. 
everyone has a method. every method has it's weaknesses

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I think it's productive to at least try and understand why.  There is a reason they made the decision other than they're stupid.  

I'm interested in trying to figure out why they came to this decision vs trying to agree or disagree with it.  On the surface it doesn't make sense,  I get that, but they're intelligent people that sat down and discussed this.  

One doesn't have to be stupid in order to do stupid things, especially when one is engaged in a situation that seems overwhelming for some reason.  In the case of McDermott, he simply doesn't have enough experience as a HC -- and possibly not the temperament -- to be given control of personnel.  Bill Belichick or Andy Reid he's not.  Beane is certainly not the guy to really help him since he has no professional experience evaluating or managing football talent/pro personnel.  McDermott and Beane are desperate because they are overwhelmed.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Its Dicky J all over again 

I've been saying this for a while.  The details are somewhat different, but the general contours of the current regime is scarily reminiscent of the 2006-2009 Bills under Jauron.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Switch the two as rookie o line are slow to develop with limited practice in pads 

In the mix is Juan Castillo, who seems to struggle getting the OLine in sync.  Let's see how long it takes Teller to break the starting lineup...supposedly Castillo is better developing young talent than integrating vets.

16 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Well really only Foster is bigger and faster. Not sure he qualifies as a "target" though. So far maybe just a "person of interest" if that.

I am finally caught up after reading the whole thread.

Great fun humor amongst the gnashing of teeth and grinding of bones.

But this one cracked me up quite alot. Thanks

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

But why not make that choice 8 days ago instead of giving him his full salary for 1 game?

Only thing I can come up with is, Kerley was for Peterman. ???
Ray Ray is J Allens?

Maybe Kerley couldn't hold onto Allen's rockets being thrown at him, and Ray Ray being healthy, has more experience with Allen? (pre-season development)

I have no freakin idea. 

5 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Why does he have to be more forthcoming? It is not his job to explain himself to the media and fans. He doesnt even have to explain himself to the team. Pegulas and Beane only need to know the reasons. Fans dont want to hear "we have to look at the tape" and "I dont need to elaborate" but how many coaches out there really discuss their decisions? He actually does have to look at the tape....he doesnt get the view from the stands or on TV watching the replays....he sees it from the sideline. He wasnt wrong in playing Peterman. Most people thought he should start by the way he was playing in camp and preseason. He sucked and he got replaced. McDermott isnt going to critique Peterman to the media. We as fans are not entitled to know why all decisions are made. 

He doesnt. Did I say he has to. But he wants to stop the questioning of his decisions he should open up a bit about the little stuff. Even BB does that and that is why the media and their fans understand their thinking. 

So again until a glimps is given in the process people will continue to question his cronyism 

1 minute ago, snamsnoops said:

Ray Ray is J Allens?

Maybe Kerley couldn't hold onto Allen's rockets being thrown at him, and Ray Ray being healthy, has more experience with Allen? (pre-season development)

I have no freakin idea. 

closer 

: )

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I like them and still do, for now. But there is no evidence that they are smart about offense. They got rid of Sammy, Woods, Goodwin, and now Kerley. They acquired Matthews, KB, Coleman, Zay, Foster and McCloud. The hired and fired Dennison. They hired and kept Castillo, which is worse. They drafted Dawkins but got rid of Glenn. They signed and kept DuCasse. They replaced Wood and Richie (granted, losing them was not their fault but the replacements are) with Bodine and Newhouse, who no one thought were good. They signed and then got rid of AJ. They signed and played Tolbert for an entire season they have now fixed with Ivory and Murphy. They drafted and they started Peterman twice, two of the very worst starts in all of NFL history.

They did draft Josh, who wasnt my first choice even with QBs still available but I very much like him now and if he is a hit, then they will get a lot of respect back. But what is it you think they have done with the offense that gives you so much hope?

Any fair minded fan understands what you're saying some decisions they've made especially on offense.  I do think you have to be a little more fair in your assessment though.   I'm still glad Sammy is gone.  Woods was a mistake and should have been paid here.  Goodwin c'mon,  it was pretty easy to give up on him for multiple reasons.  Glenn's injuries were a major concern (I liked him and wanted to keep him) so it was at least an understandable risk.  The hiring and firing of Dennison was bad then good to fire him - there weren't a lot of OC's to choose from.  Ducasse is a disaster for sure.  Wood and Richie was unfortunate not anything they necessarily did/chose.  Tolbert is gone just like Dennison.  

More important than any decision - They 100% deserve the Peterman starting criticism.  Yet they don't swim in it - they moved on.  Granted they put themselves in a terrible situation so again deserve much criticism.  

I'm not sure why you think I have hope in their offensive decisions, I don't.  I do believe the hope is in Allen and the massive amount of cap space we have next year and the year after.  The team will look entirely different.  I don't know they'll make good decisions because they've made as many bad ones as good ones.  However that's where we are, a team with a rookie QB and cap space.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

and use F

FA again for more Oline and Offense. after that ?

let McBeanes have some depth at from whatever money is left.

Fix the Offense please

4 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Ray Ray is J Allens?

I have no freakin idea. 

Neither could KB and I haven't heard of him being released.  But KB is an ex Carolina guy, so...

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He doesnt. Did I say he has to. But he wants to stop the questioning of his decisions he should open up a bit about the little stuff. Even BB does that and that is why the media and their fans understand their thinking. 

So again until a glimps is given in the process people will continue to question his cronyism 

We are on to the Chargers.
Thats Bellies words verbatum

Edited by 3rdand12

14 minutes ago, SJDK said:

McDamnit is quickly showing that they really struggle to evaluate our own talent in the off season. These personel decisions are looking like they are just doing the exact opposite of what they should. Watch, the next thing they’ll do is cut Allen and Edwards to sign Derek Anderson and whoever keukley’s backup is...

i was all in with these two until this off season and now I think that we fire bean after the season so we can hire someone with a brain in their head to spend our 90 million dollars on talented players.

we need to replace 4 of 5 offensive linemen, we need to get about 3 receivers. 1 good outside corner. 1 good pass rusher. However, it seems like we will probably take 2safeties, a running back, a punter, a QB and the rest of the picks DT.

“Strengthen our strengths and weaken our weaknesses!” - McDamnit

I can't disagree with anything you said. No one expected this team to be good this year with the loss of Glenn, Incognito and Wood. Or the epic failure of Peter Pan. But now we're starting to see disturbing moves that make no sense for the future.  There never was a process. Just 2 guys shooting from the hip.

God Help Us....

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Neither could KB and I haven't heard of him being released.  But KB is an ex Carolina guy, so...

and he is tall

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

And when McDs defense gets lit ul for another 40? 

why do you expect this ?

What is this season about in the Process 

the start of the season and what McD has preached day one is Win Now and Win in future. So Is that it? (Thats how roster was set up coming into season) 

or is it this new development year that they starterd preaching when His Defense got exposed?

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

and he is tall

why do you expect this ?

Because this defense showed Zero signs of life week one 

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

and he is tall

Yeah, I got that.  But if he, or any tall receiver, can't catch, they are of no use.  Not saying to cut KB right now, but he has a lot to prove and he is one of the guys being counted on to step up.  Both KB and Clay.