Bills Release WR Jeremy Kerley; Sign DT Robert Thomas from PS

26CornerBlitz

Just now, Mark80 said:

People in here acting like Jeremy Kerley is some Hall of Famer or something.  SMH.

No we are not. We are acting like he is a Vet WR and a Weapon and actually a voice to help Rookie QB and Rookie WRs. Also Insurance for Ray Rays Knee. 

And that there are other less contributors still on this team thAt could have been released 

Just now, HappyDays said:

This is the first time anyone has ever called Jeremy Kerley a "weapon."

Who is more of a weapon. Jermey Kerley or Conner McDermott?

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The HC of any sports team from pee wees  to Pros is the leader, makes the decisions good or bad.

While McCoach may lead the team (for good or for ill), I would not say that he "led the Bills to the playoffs last year."

I hope your optimism about these guys is correct.  

From 15 guys on the field to various metrics last year being worse than the year before to more franchise embarrassing losses than in recent history to trading to acquire Coleman but only increasing our dead cap space in the process . . . I have my doubts.

In the end, I hope you are correct, but I still have my doubts.

Just now, Peter said:

While McCoach may lead the team (for good or for ill), I would not say that he "led the Bills to the playoffs last year."

From 15 guys on the field to various metrics last year being worse than the year before to more franchise embarrassing losses than in recent history to trading to acquire Coleman but only increasing our dead cap space in the process . . . I have my doubts.

How can you say the coach leads the team but didn't lead them to the playoffs

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

They make decisions I agree with and ones I don't.  I just don't get all crazy like some around here if they make one I don't like.  I also realize they have access to a whole lot more info than I do on which to base their decisions.

i also don't buy into conspiracy theories like guys have to be Christian or they get cut.  In that regard it's interesting Kerley went to TCU

I have never really given much thought to that conspiracy theory.  

Just now, oldmanfan said:

How can you say the coach leads the team but didn't lead them to the playoffs

In my view, we backed into the playoffs.

We were very, very, very lucky.

I will give them this though.  We have not had much luck for the past several years.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Its better that the Career Inactive Conner McDermott stays here 

Can't cut his brother's kid.  

7 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

People in here acting like Jeremy Kerley is some Hall of Famer or something.  SMH.

He's probably in his high school's HOF

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

In my view, we backed into the playoffs.

We were very, very, very lucky.

I will give them this though.  We have not had much luck for the past several years.

They still had to win enough games to "back in" and this after not resigning core guys and trading off core guys.......

That in itself was an accomplishment and a testiment to the coaching of this team.

Did they too much of this to create cap space for next year and get their franchise QB onto the roster?  Maybe.   but to discount the job McD did last year I think is not correct

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

No the process states in paragragh 3 sub paragraph a.

“We must by all accounts sign players that allow out defensive FA signings to get their break in rotation. And when that occurs we MUST cut a weapon or if Teflon Juan allows an OL that will help make anything easier on our Rookie QB”. 

Jesus guys comeon TRUST the process. Neither of us have ANY direct experience at building a team though so we use buzzwords 

Sorry that page is missing from my copy of The Process handbook! That explains it all! I do and have had trust in Mcbeane but this doesn’t make sense to me. I guess not when KB can’t catch a cold, Zay is missing in action and the new kid Foster is just plain raw. Even though he routinely gets separation. That leaves pretty much Holmes and Ray Ray when he gets healthy!

I definitely see that this is a rebuild at least! But in the process of doing The Process we should at least give our new future Qb at least some chance to succeed! 

:Makes no sense:

Release A Washington after week 1. He played 30+ snaps.

Release Kerley after week 1. He played 40+ snaps.

So lets cut a serviceable DT. Then cut one of our few NFL caliber WR's to sign a similarly serviceable DT. Could these moves not have been made a few weeks ago too?

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Who is more of a weapon. Jermey Kerley or Conner McDermott?

Neither. I'm not the one that called Jeremy Kerley a weapon. Be honest if Kerley had been unsigned and we suddenly signed him right now you'd be questioning why this regime was bringing in an old slow WR.

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

and use F

FA again for more Oline and Offense. after that ?

let McBeanes have some depth at from whatever money is left.

Fix the Offense please

I agree about fixing the offense. It HAS to start at the Oline though. We need elite talent at the Oline - it will make Allen's evolution and progression as a QB so much easier. An average RB can get yards behind a solid Oline, too.

Almost all of our resources next season (first 3 picks and majority of FA money) needs to be dedicated to the offense - mainly, the OLine and WR. I think everyone is in agreement about that.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Neither. I'm not the one that called Jeremy Kerley a weapon. Be honest if Kerley had been unsigned and we suddenly signed him right now you'd be questioning why this regime was bringing in an old slow WR.

Nope. I would look at it as they are trying to get weapons for their Rookie QB. 

Maybe they shoukd have kept Corey Coleman and Reiley on the Roster over Kerley and Holmes. But they didn’t. 

Speaking of their old and slow signings is V. Davis going to be active?

Edited by MAJBobby

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They still had to win enough games to "back in" and this after not resigning core guys and trading off core guys.......

That in itself was an accomplishment and a testiment to the coaching of this team.

Did they too much of this to create cap space for next year and get their franchise QB onto the roster?  Maybe.   but to discount the job McD did last year I think is not correct

In my view it was a mirage.  

Certain of the metrics were worse than the prior year (and may be even worse this year).

I never understood the 15 players on the field (or whatever that was - I never had seen that before).

The Colts had that late and controversial call go against them on the two point conversion that would have won the game for them.

The percentages of Andy Dalton throwing a game winning 48 yard TD on 4th and 12 are very, very small.

We got lucky.

I realized this back then.  That is one of the reasons why I am not expecting much this year.

Edited by Peter

12 minutes ago, Peter said:

I just wish we could get to a discussion point where not getting upset doesn't mean optimism or as others (not you) have said gulping down the process, etc.  

There have been and will be decisions that Beane and McDermott will make that will ultimately decide their fate.  Kerley isn't one of them.  There's players to have strong opinions about as fans - Kerley isn't one of them.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

I agree about fixing the offense. It HAS to start at the Oline though. We need elite talent at the Oline - it will make Allen's evolution and progression as a QB so much easier. An average RB can get yards behind a solid Oline, too.

Almost all of our resources next season (first 3 picks and majority of FA money) needs to be dedicated to the offense - mainly, the OLine and WR. I think everyone is in agreement about that.

I would concur with the exception of needing an edge rusher.

Just now, Peter said:

In my view it was a mirage.  

Certain of the metrics were worse than the prior year (and may be even worse this year).

I never understood the 15 players on the field (or whatever that was - I never had seen that before).

The Colts had that late and controversial call go against them on the two point conversion that would have one the game for us.

The percentages of Andy Dalton throwing a game winning 48 yard TD on 4th and 12 are very, very small.

We got lucky.

I realized this back then.  That is one of the reasons why I am not expecting much this year.

There's an old saying:  luck favors the prepared mind

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

I just wish we could get to a discussion point where not getting upset doesn't mean optimism or as others (not you) have said gulping down the process, etc.  

There have been and will be decisions that Beane and McDermott will make that will ultimately decide their fate.  Kerley isn't one of them.  There's players to have strong opinions about as fans - Kerley isn't one of them.  

The Kerley decision is not going to get anyone fired . . . that is for sure.

I just have trouble with the pattern.

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

A young OT they probably didn’t want to subject to waivers.. What’s your point?

Really what what has he shown to keep a roster spot again? If there is something then Newhouse could have been cut. Point IS there are other players that could have been cut that DOESNT take something away for your Rookie QB to use in his first start. 

Lacy is another one 

Just now, Peter said:

The Kerley decision is not going to get anyone fired . . . that is for sure.

I just have trouble with the pattern.

Ding ding ding

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

There's an old saying:  luck favors the prepared mind

I am glad that we had some luck.

For years, I thought that if Buffalo did not have bad luck, we would not have any luck at all (to borrow some song lyrics).

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Really what what has he shown to keep a roster spot again? If there is something then Newhouse could have been cut. Point IS there are other players that could have been cut that DOESNT take something away for your Rookie QB to use in his first start. 

Lacy is another one 

Well I would have let Ducasse and Miller go but...,

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Agreed. I guess it all depends on what's available and when. Signing an edge rusher in FA will be tough, you almost have to draft one. Hopefully we can sign a really good O-lineman in FA, draft another starting Olineman in first or second round and target an edge rusher in either first or second round. Try and bring in a legit WR via FA. I dunno, it's way too early now to even think of potential targets.

Edited by bobobonators

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

Right. I guess it all depends on what's available and when. Signing an edge rusher in FA will be tough, you almost have to draft one. Hopefully we can sign a really good O-lineman in FA, draft another starting Olineman in first or second round and target an edge rusher in either first or second round. Try and bring in a legit WR via FA. I dunno, it's way too early now to even think of potential targets.

I see them going edge rusher first then interior O line.