Bills Release WR Jeremy Kerley; Sign DT Robert Thomas from PS

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Peter said:

In my view it was a mirage.  

Certain of the metrics were worse than the prior year (and may be even worse this year).

I never understood the 15 players on the field (or whatever that was - I never had seen that before).

The Colts had that late and controversial call go against them on the two point conversion that would have won the game for them.

The percentages of Andy Dalton throwing a game winning 48 yard TD on 4th and 12 are very, very small.

We got lucky.

I realized this back then.  That is one of the reasons why I am not expecting much this year.

Just win baby.

They don't tally up the stats at the end of the game to determine the winner. Team with the most points wins even if the are "lucky".

They also don't tally them up at the end of the season to determine playoffs.

It's how real football works.

Maybe you should stick to fantasy football. Then you might have a valid point.

2 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

They should have never signed him in the first place, he's old and slow.  Same with Ivory...

Yep Coleman or Reiley heck even Cam Phillips all should have made the team him if this is a development year like the latest OBD Propaganda is saying. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Another two I could agree with before taking an asset away from Rookie QB and the Rookie WRs

I can't believe Ducasse is still on this team. At least with Miller you have the excuse that he's still relatively young but Ducasse has proven that he's garbage in the NFL.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

You're overreacting to one move

Would a Vet QB be good for the Bills? Like if they signed Matt Moore?

if your answer is yes then How is a Vet WR that does the same thing McCloud does not a good thing?

and no I am not over reacting over one move. It is a pattern of moves out of this coaching staff and FO

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, HappyDays said:

Hopefully McCloud. He and Allen seemed to have a good connection going. And hopefully Benjamin actually gives some effort tomorrow. Kerley isn't a difference maker.

Only "difference makers" should stay on the team? We got a lot of guys we can cut as do most teams.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Would a Vet QB be good for the Bills? Like if they signed Matt Moore?

if your answer is yes then How is a Vet WR that does the same thing McCloud does not a good thing?

If you don't understand the difference between QB and WR not much to say, is there?

Ooo ok got it. So a Vet is good for a young QB. But not good for a Young late round WR. 

A vet QB can help a young QB in the film room etc.  A vet WR may or may not be better than a younger WR.

I am puzzled by this move but you're being ridiculous trying to draw this analogy.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

A vet QB can help a young QB in the film room etc.  A vet WR may or may not be better than a younger WR.

I am puzzled by this move but you're being ridiculous trying to draw this analogy.

So a Vet WR cant help a young WR in film room? Cant help on how to set routes up? Can help with reading defenses on hot routes? Release techiques? How certain DBs bait? Route running? Returning punts? How to be a pro?  

So again I guess a Vet is useless for helping. Must only be reserved for the QB position 

Edited by MAJBobby

11 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Just win baby.

They don't tally up the stats at the end of the game to determine the winner. Team with the most points wins even if the are "lucky".

They also don't tally them up at the end of the season to determine playoffs.

It's how real football works.

Maybe you should stick to fantasy football. Then you might have a valid point.

The point is that, while we backed into the playoffs, we really were not all that good and, in some ways, worse than the year before last.

In fact, last week's game confirmed my assessment.

We shall see how this year goes.  I suspect that we will continue to get worse. So far, it is a cluster . . . .  I just hope we can protect Josh long enough (and give him some weapons) so he can develop into the QB they thought he was when we gave up so much to be in a position to draft him.  

As for your crack about fantasy football, I stopped playing that and Rotisserie a long time ago, because I cannot root against my team.

Edited by Peter

So a Vet WR cant help a young WR in film room? Cant help on how to set routes up? Can help with reading defenses on hot routes? Release techiques? How certain DBs bait? 

So again I guess a Vet is useless for helping 

I think that the vet QB angle is over rated. Often times the vet is more of an antagonist to the young rookie than they are a mentor. 

Just now, Batman1876 said:

I think that the vet QB angle is over rated. Often times the vet is more of an antagonist to the young rookie than they are a mentor. 

I do too. But the same people that think Kerley doesnt help are the same people that would LOVE a vet QB 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

The point is that, while we backed into the playoffs, we really were not all that good and, in some ways, worse than the year before last.

In fact, last week's game confirmed my assessment.

We shall see how this year goes.  I suspect that we will continue to get worse. So far, it is a cluster . . . .  I just hope we can protect Josh long enough (and give him some weapons) so he can develop into the QB they thought he was when we gave up so much to be in a position to draft him.  

As for your crack about fantasy football, I stopped playing that and Rotisserie a long time ago, because I cannot root against my team.

I just think the best team wins more than the teams that aren't as good. PERIOD. If we weren't that good last year, why didn't the better teams make it instead of us?  THERE WEREN'T ANY.

I know that's hard for a lot of Bills fans to accept, but it's true.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Can’t get past how stupid this appears. Cut Adolphus, then cut Kerley to promote a nobody to replace Washington. Starting our highly priced and prize rookie QB, while stripping away his 2nd best veteran WR.

UNLESS...

dez?

STEVIE JOHNSON IS IN TOWN

just sayin'  ?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I can't believe Ducasse is still on this team. At least with Miller you have the excuse that he's still relatively young but Ducasse has proven that he's garbage in the NFL.

Judging from his game-one grade and also his grades from the second half of last season, Ducasse is the hands-down best offensive lineman on the team right now. I'm not saying he's good, btw. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Judging from his game-one grade and also his grades from the second half of last season, Ducasse is the hands-down best offensive lineman on the team right now. I'm not saying he's good, btw. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Never.......post ....again.  Dawkins is the best OL we have

• Haha (+1) 1

I think between the dead cap we're paying McCarron, Coleman, & Kerley that would've paid the part of Cordy Glenn's salary we saved by trading him.  Or would have been pretty close to paying for Dareus.  

I know 2018 is all about Allen and players like Kerley, W/Ls, etc really don't matter that much.  But with each of these transactions I am losing faith that the current Bills front office knows how to successfully build a roster and am especially concerned that they don't seem to be doing a very good job managing the salary cap.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Never.......post ....again.  Dawkins is the best OL we have

Really?? (As an aside, being a snarky d**k in debate just makes you look like a jerk.) I like Dawkins, but he's currently average at best. He has potential, but he ain't there yet. More to the point, with regard to your snark:

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-buffalo-bills-all-22-review-week-1-vs-baltimore-ravens

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/2017-buffalo-bills-all-22-in-review-guards_centers

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/2/25/17032128/2017-buffalo-bills-had-some-salary-cap-bargains-disappointments-jerry-hughes-vlad-ducasse-zay-jones

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/dion-dawkins/11818

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/vladimir-ducasse/5586

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Adam727 said:

I think between the dead cap we're paying McCarron, Coleman, & Kerley that would've paid the part of Cordy Glenn's salary we saved by trading him.  Or would have been pretty close to paying for Dareus.  

I know 2018 is all about Allen and players like Kerley, W/Ls, etc really don't matter that much.  But with each of these transactions I am losing faith that the current Bills front office knows how to successfully build a roster and am especially concerned that they don't seem to be doing a very good job managing the salary cap.  

"that would've paid the part of Cordy Glenn's salary we saved by trading him. "

Why do so many  - including "professional" media people - keep talking about the Glenn and Taylor TRADES as if they were only salary moves??

Without those two trades (for picks), the Bills don't have Allen and Edmunds right now - they are the future of this team.

Edited by BobChalmers
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Teflon Juan. Stunting OL development since 1999

24 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

If you believe in PFF - DuCasse is a lot better than he appears to us mortals.  <shrug>

He's really not that bad, although he was terrible early on in 2017. 

Teflon Juan. Stunting OL development since 1999

There's no sustained argument here. Point? (PS - i have an earlier post breaking down philly offensive performance from 2001-2010, when they finished in the top 12 almost every year.)

Edited by dave mcbride

I’m not gonna sit here and tell people to stop complaining you have the right

but if this all breaks differently and you end up being wrong then have the balls to call me back and say so say so don’t sit there and explain how you were not wrong or dissappear

ita so easy to take the negative side with the history of this team I feel mcd and beane are different cats then pelrevious years this just might be a tough year to swallow because we are breaking in a rook and doing by hav enough experienced talent

24 minutes ago, Adam727 said:

Except getting rid of Glenn and Dareus was about clearing out their cap responsibilities towards those players beyond 2018, which they did.

3 hours ago, dabills21 said:

You've likely never played a team sport, if u think finding a true leader is as simple as you stated

Actually I have. And yes, I suppose his leadership in the blowout opening day loss was an invaluable asset. On the 1 offensive snap he played...boy did he inspire the guys.

Dimarco only played one play because of how the game played out. We got no first downs in the first half. A bunch of penalties caused long down and distance, so passes became a necessity. We never got a running game going and by the second half and Josh came in we were passing on virtually every play and the ones we didn't we were in passing formations and the defense was expecting a pass. It's not as though he wasn't part of the game plan.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

Except getting rid of Glenn and Dareus was about clearing out their cap responsibilities towards those players beyond 2018, which they did.

Right.  Which at the time I understood.  I didn't like the idea of losing that much talent on the Oline & Dline, but I understood we were saving the money going forward.  

Then they spent $50mil on Star (over the length of the contract) and another ~$15-$20mil this year on Vontae Davis/Chris Ivory/McCarron/Coleman/Kerley/Bodine.  I'd rather have Glenn & Dareus at that point.  The people they are spending salary cap $$ on appear to be worse than the players they cut/traded to free up the space in the first place I guess is my issue.  

Edited by Adam727
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Dimarco only played one play because of how the game played out. We got no first downs in the first half. A bunch of penalties caused long down and distance, so passes became a necessity. We never got a running game going and by the second half and Josh came in we were passing on virtually every play and the ones we didn't we were in passing formations and the defense was expecting a pass. It's not as though he wasn't part of the game plan.

Yep, that’s why Shady only had 7 carries. I’m very sure that was not the plan.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

but if this all breaks differently and you end up being wrong then have the balls to call me back and say so say so don’t sit there and explain how you were not wrong or dissappear

ita so easy to take the negative side with the history of this team I feel mcd and beane are different cats then pelrevious years this just might be a tough year to swallow because we are breaking in a rook and doing by hav enough experienced talent

I know that I CAN be wrong and I will have no problem admitting it, but I don't think it's likely.

Jim Caldwell did an ok job with the Lions but there was never any true belief he'd lead them to a Super Bowl.  That's how I feel about McDermott.  He'll have some success, but it will be outweighed by his failures.

The signs are all around you.  These guys aren't it.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

"that would've paid the part of Cordy Glenn's salary we saved by trading him. "

Why do so many  - including "professional" media people - keep talking about the Glenn and Taylor TRADES as if they were only salary moves??

Without those two trades (for picks), the Bills don't have Allen and Edmunds right now - they are the future of this team.

Cordy, sure. Tyrod, less essential in this narrative

42 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Have you called back on all the times you’ve called people out for being negative? It seems you just plow on to the next player/coach to hype and call fellow posters out on being skeptical of. 

• Like (+1) 1