Confirmed: Bills to start rookie QB Josh Allen vs. Chargers

East TX Dan

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I guess Josh Allen suddenly went from "not ready" to "ready" in 72 hours, mostly because Nate Peterman sucks.

McD doesn't have a F-ing clue.

Or he wanted to test the o-line in a real game. But yeah, let's overreact some more. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I guess Josh Allen suddenly went from "not ready" to "ready" in 72 hours, mostly because Nate Peterman sucks.

You make it sound like Peterman was "95% ready" and Allen was "25% ready", maybe they're both 85% ready but Peterman "won TC and the preseason" so he got the start.

So yeah, Peterman sucked in game one so Allen, who is potentially almost as ready, gets the start.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

Use the run to set up the pass.

7 attempts for Shady last weekend. 

Ravens had 8-9 in the box.  No way a running game works with that.

If the Bills are starting JA then you play him like a NFL QB.

They need to attempt a balanced attack.

IMO

8 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Or he wanted to test the o-line in a real game. But yeah, let's overreact some more. 

Overreact?

Peterman is, statistically, one of the 3 worst QBs to play in the new century.

Allen is raw and not ready. 

We just suffered the second worst beat-down in franchise history.

Yes, suggesting the coaching staff is in bit over their beads must surely be the product of wild speculation and knee-jerk overreaction.

:lol:

8 minutes ago, Heitz said:

You make it sound like Peterman was "95% ready" and Allen was "25% ready", maybe they're both 85% ready but Peterman "won TC and the preseason" so he got the start.

So yeah, Peterman sucked in game one so Allen, who is potentially almost as ready, gets the start.

Josh Allen is, by far, the most important asset this organization possesses right now.

This coaching staff just told you 72 hours ago that he was not ready to start an NFL game.

That fact hasn't changed simply b/c Nate Peterman is beyond terrible.

And yet Allen will now be started.

If he can start this Sunday, he should have started last Sunday.

If he couldn't start last Sunday, he is not going to be ready to start Week 2.

This coaching staff looks like idiots right now, however much you want to defend them.

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

When you only have 1 NFL QB on the roster he has to play. That was evident before last week. The Bills can try to add an NFL QB to help mentor Allen but this is (and was) going to be his team at some point. That was inevitable. If they had even a McCarron they could have brought Allen along slower. They don't have that luxury. 

I want to believe this was the plan all along. That Beane, Mcdermott, and Daboll all knew that Allen would start due to it being a necessity. Reason i kind of think this might be the case is Tyrod being traded, AJ being traded, and only having Peterman as the 'vet'. Basically the staff and Beane made this happen. If Tyrod was still here he would be Tyrod. Do just enough to keep you around in a game but never take  a game over and win it. AJ would of had games like Tyrod did. Show he can be a competent back up and even win some games, albeit not by his doing going  for 300+ yards and 3 touchdowns. More like a serviceable starter . With Peterman looking as terrible as he did there is no way the Bills start him unless they have no choice. Like i said i want to believe this. Otherwise it means Beane, McDermott, and Daboll got fooled by Peterman in preseason. 

Give me your opinion. I am honestly looking for the other side of it. 

31 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Chiefs had Alex Smith. That decision was an easy one. McDermottt and Beane have boxed themselves in with no credible alternative at QB to turn to. That’s on them. Starting Nathan Peterman in another game would be an embarrassment ; an amateurish move that would finish their careers. Trading McCarron has compounded the situation. There is no chance he would look as incompetetent as Peterman. Sure , a truly seasoned vet should have been brought in but AJM could have held the fort down and gave Allen the redshirt year he probably needs. You are absolutely correct that the blueprint should have been the same as Mahomes, but they half stepped on a placeholder QB. 

Edit: best veteran options out there right now are probably D Anderson, M Moore, smokin J Cutler. They’d take a few weeks to get up to speed. What do you do? Once Allen goes in you can’t take him out except for injury, simple as that. 

And the Bills had Tyrod, they had AJ, and McD decided he was good to go with a rookie project and a highly suspect Peterman. If Allen gets hurt - I fear that more than him sucking - Holy McDermott, this season will be an historic wreck.

10 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Overreact?

Yes, suggesting the coaching staff is in bit over their beads must surely be the product of wild speculation and knee-jerk overreaction.

Josh Allen is, by far, the most important asset this organization possesses right now.

This coaching staff just told you 72 hours ago that he was not ready to start an NFL game.

This coaching staff looks like idiots right now, however much you want to defend them.

Admit it, Peterman looked more than decent in preseason. As many have said here, if this was a 'true' competition, then Peterman won it fair and square. Apparently, that was a mirage, and that is why Allen is now thrust into the role. 

17 games in! 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Overreact?

I will continue to support Beane/McDermott but the bolded is a fact.

The all screwed the pooch on this one.

How the team goes forward with this is the real question.

Time will tell.

11 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Overreact?

Ummmm....you may want to up your dosage of meds. You really need to chill out. 

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Overreact?

Of course Allen isn’t miraculously any more ready than he was last week, but that’s really not the point, is it? Are you familiar with the term, “ready or not?” Because that’s the situation when there is no other QB to turn to that is any MORE ready. Idiots or not, the coaching staff has no other option. I haven’t heard any of them proclaim Allen is “any more ready”, either. Like us, they see the situation for what it is: dire.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Admit it, Peterman looked more than decent in preseason. As many have said here, if this was a 'true' competition, then Peterman won it fair and square. Apparently, that was a mirage, and that is why Allen is now thrust into the role. 

17 games in! 

It's as simple as that.

Can’t be worse than Peterman (of course people said we couldn’t have a worse passing offense than with Tyrod!).

i was not a fan of the Allen pick but I am willing to give him tome.  I think this is a terrible, Billsy move.  They completely screwed up the qb position and now because Peterman is one of the worst qbs ever, they have to play a super raw rookie.  Then when he struggles, I’m sure McDermott will pull him.  

No franchise ruins qbs like the Bills.  Hell, the Browns are handling the #1 overall pick better than us.  So frustrating but please prove me wrong.  This has David Carr/ JP Losman written all over it.

this regime is a joke at evaluating offensive personnel.

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Cut Peterman and sign a veteran QB.

Peterman should never see an NFL field again. Neither should 4/5’s of the OL, but that’s another story.

Bring back EJ!

Not for nothing. But look at Stubhub and other ticket sites. They are selling out fast after this announcement.  Everyone wants to be there to have the chance to say... "I was there at his 1st game".  It took us 4 tries to buy tickets.... people kept buying them under us.

44 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

So fricken frustrating with some of you

He did not say that Josh was "not ready" he said that  "Peterman won the job" and "he had confidence in both of his quarterbacks"

THOSE WERE THE WORDS HE USED......it was other people that used the words "not ready"

If he truly thought that Josh Allen was "not ready" he would not have traded away AJM....because the backup is one hit away from being the starter

Some of you would complain no matter what he did

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

So fricken frustrating with some of you

He did not say that Josh was "not ready" he said that  "Peterman won the job" and "he had confidence in both of his quarterbacks"

THOSE WERE THE WORDS HE USED......it was other people that used the words "not ready"

If he truly thought that Josh Allen was "not ready" he would not have traded away AJM....because the backup is one hit away from being the starter

Some of you would complain no matter what he did

Case in point: posters here complaining about not trading up for Darnold while subsequently complaining that we gave up too much for Allen and Edmunds. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

They had 6 blocking vs a Bengals 4 man rush and still got to him.

Tells ya a little something about the line.

Bills fans just don't see how bad that line is even after watching all the QB pressures, sacks on the Bills QB starters for the Browns, Bengals, Ravens games. It's not just the line either as the receivers aren't getting separation or getting open a lot of the time. Then fans complain that the QB is holding the ball too long.    

I doubt very many NFL starting QB's would survive for very long behind the current Bills offensive line. The OC Groy was on his back most of the game and Miller was just about as bad.     

We can see it so I don't get why Beane/ McD don't see it

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Peterman is that guy who absolutely crushes it on the driving range, but has a 42 handicap.

I'd be more inclined to agree if you said he was the guy that crushed it on the putting practice but has a 42 handicap.

• Haha (+1) 1