Every Josh Allen Throw Vs. Ravens

Prickly Pete

Just now, Sky Diver said:

He was a 5* recruit. Ranked the #2 WR in the nation. I don’t know how many HS WR’s there are in  the country, but it’s a lot.

His speed and athleticism has resulted in him being an overrated WR his whole life. He has never been able to develop ball skills.

Speed doesn't mean much in this league if you can't find the football when it's in the air.

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Didn't the Foster pass hit the back of the defender before it hit Fosters hands?

It looked like the ball hit the back of the defender’s helmet. It popped up as Foster’s momentum and the defender pushed him backwards. He grabbed for the ball and couldn’t haul it in.

3 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

It looked like the ball hit the back of the defender’s helmet. It popped up as Foster’s momentum and the defender pushed him backwards. He grabbed for the ball and couldn’t haul it in.

I remember the play and the ball did in fact hit the defender first but he still had a chance to try and catch it before it hit him or after the ball bounced and he did neither. I'm a lot more upset the way Benjamin played. That's the real issue today.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

His speed and athleticism has resulted in him being an overrated WR his whole life. He has never been able to develop ball skills.

Speed doesn't mean much in this league if you can't find the football when it's in the air.

Okay. I think Foster is the least of the Bills’ problems. On the contrary, his ability to get open has been impressive and he made a nice TD catch the last preseason game. He’s been a pleasant surprise.

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I remember the play and the ball did in fact hit the defender first but he still had a chance to try and catch it before it hit him or after the ball bounced and he did neither. I'm a lot more upset the way Benjamin played. That's the real issue today.

He didn’t make a circus, highlight reel catch on a very poorly thrown ball, so I guess we should get rid of him. The illogic is astounding.

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Drops all over the place.  I am not sure how they'll draft an entire wideout corps next year, but they will need to.

Maybe Dawkins and Mills are serviceable but Groy, Miller and Ducasse all must be replaced. And don't laugh,  this entire WR corp is gone.  KB dropping that perfect TD from Josh just shows us this pathetic future. 

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Yea, I know your bias won't let you believe it's true but both interceptions were on Benjamin. Clear as day. A decent receivers catches both, and probably even has a big gain on the second one. He didn't even try to catch them and just shied away from the ball.

Peterman air mailed the first one. Admittedly.

13 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Yeah. That's an extremely hard catch even if it hits the WR in the hands because of the quick misdirection. The ball was also five yards short. But Allen looked good. 

1 minute ago, Agent 91 said:

Peterman air mailed the first one. Admittedly.

Benjamin was awful in the preseason and awful today. 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yeah. That's an extremely hard catch even if it hits the WR in the hands because of the quick misdirection. The ball was also five yards short. But Allen looked good. 

It was about a 40 yrd pass. I think some folks think it’s like playing Madden.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Throw a side did you see that part where it bounced into his hands he bobbled it and then it dropped?

Oh I get it now you're blind...or Peterman's dad.

well his avatar is Mr. J. Peterman holding a baby-sized #2 Bills jersey.

So the answer is, he is Peterman's dad.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's hard listening to things outside your echo chamber, I get it.

Hey, I appreciate the comment you're making here. People made up their minds about Peterman after that infamous Chargers debacle, and will now and forever filter reality through the lens of that 5-interception meltdown. It's what most people do with their opinions, and it's unfortunate. 

However, in this particular case, there is no objective reason to abandon that position. Peterman looked bad, again. The lack of production was historic.

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Hey, I appreciate the comment you're making here. People made up their minds about Peterman after that infamous Chargers debacle, and will now and forever filter reality through the lens of that 5-interception meltdown. It's what most people do with their opinions, and it's unfortunate. 

However, in this particular case, there is no objective reason to abandon that position. Peterman looked bad, again. The lack of production was historic.

While what you say is true, there were many, many people here, most of the best minds IMO, that said way before the Charger game that Nate couldn't play or cut the mustard. And thought he is nowhere near ready or could ever be ready before that game. 

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

While what you say is true, there were many, many people here, most of the best minds IMO, that said way before the Charger game that Nate couldn't play or cut the mustard. And thought he is nowhere near ready or could ever be ready before that game. 

Peterman arm is a problem might look good for camp or preseason but when real games out it's exposed. 

8 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Tied for 10th worst all time based on QBR. 

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I strongly disagree with that. The pass was sinking right to him, as evidenced by the safety that had to dig it out of the dirt. For a guy like Benjamin that jumps two feet off the ground (for some reason) to catch passes aimed at his chest, he didn't even lift his feet off the ground and ran straight under it. He had 5 yards running horizontally to position for the catch, and he played it horribly.

Uhm, no.  I was at the game and there’s no way that anyone under 7’5” catches that pass.  It may have sailed from his wet hands, but there’s no way it was catchable.

3 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Benjamin has been awful.

If KB plays like this all season he will be out of football let alone a new contract! 

On on the bright side he would be affordable!!

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Uhm, no.  I was at the game and there’s no way that anyone under 7’5” catches that pass.  It may have sailed from his wet hands, but there’s no way it was catchable.

It was not catchable by anyone in a Bills uniform!

Josh Allen is actually more accurate then people think.  Everyone raves his big arm.  Does he throw the ball too hard for his receivers to catch?  These receivers are supposed to be professionals.  Catch the damn ball.  I truly think we hit a homerun with getting Allen.  Now let's build around him and get some receivers with some hands.

6 hours ago, zow2 said:

I recall Logan Thomas not snagging what would have been a first down. And KB dropping one. These receivers are crap

To be fair, they dropped some catchable balls on Peterman right at the start, also, which could of at least moved the chains a time or two.

There were also 3 OL penalties in the Bills first 4 possessions.

I'm not saying that to defend Peterman, just to point out the WR and OL had their part in digging us into our early hole.

5 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

It was a very poorly thrown ball that hit the defender in the back or back of the helmet as he was driving Foster away from the ball with his head in Foster’s stomach.

There is no reasonable expectation that Foster should have caught that.

We know.  He never catches anything if there’s a defender within 2 yards of him

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Maybe in Madden.

Football is played in real time, not in super slo-mo or in screen shots.

Yes the catch was more difficult than it appeared at first glance but I'd say the biggest problem for Foster is that it fit into a pattern for him.

6 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

In fairness to McD he did not look ready against the Bengals.   Peterman is fools gold. He does everything right in practice but is simply not good enough to play the position.  Allen has all the tools.  He needs to play now.  

he wouldve looked ready if he played a ****ty panthers defense in week 1.

Allen played the toughest team in preseason, not many rosters are better then the bengals. Browns defense is also way better then the panthers. not to mention shuffling line and no mccoy.

it was BS competition rigged for Peterman to win.

6 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He threw a lot of very good balls. A few bad ones. Held the ball a little too long a few times. Made some mental errors. But there were 7-8 very good passes in there. 

Not to mention, he avoided about 4 or 5 sacks that the other guy would have taken.

• Like (+1) 1

Wow this turned into a KB hate thread fast.

I think JA is going to continue to struggle with dropped passes until he learns to put some touch on his throws. That dropped TD by Benjamin was an absolute rocket. He should have caught it but it wasn't the easiest throw to catch. Allen had several like that in the preseason too.

Also, is JA going to take any heat for taking away Shady's sure fire TD in the 4th? Can't believe he called his own number there on the RPO when McCoy had an open lane right into the end zone.

Kid needs time to work out the kinks. Let's allow him to come along slowly and develop at his own speed.

Edited by VW82

Allen is miles ahead of Peterman. If you can’t see that it’s because you spent the last 4 months touting Nate. This week is the week to go stick your head in the sand not double down!! At this point Peterman is legitimately the worst QB of all-time. He put up a stellar 0.0 QB rating yesterday. It’s okay to be wrong. Peterman sucks and it’s not up for debate.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He threw a lot of very good balls. A few bad ones. Held the ball a little too long a few times. Made some mental errors. But there were 7-8 very good passes in there. 

7-8 more good passes than the other guy.

I dont know how McBeane can trot out Peterman again barring injury. He looked like he didnt even belong on the field.

Allen's pocket movement at the 2:18 mark in that video is great. Been waiting to see that for a long time

13 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

It was a very poorly thrown ball that hit the defender in the back or back of the helmet as he was driving Foster away from the ball with his head in Foster’s stomach.

There is no reasonable expectation that Foster should have caught that.

Yes as much as I can't figure out why Foster is still here, that one wasn't on him. But easy to see with more game experience and coaching, a back shoulder throw here and boom, long completion. Allen is money already. His few bad passes and holding out too long will slowly diminish with experience. If he doesn't get injured (doh!) he seems to have all the tools. He is very raw but trial by fire is the way to go. What other choice is there with the current roster anyway?

Trubinsky looked much better yesterday than last year. Lots of great QBs had dismal W-L records in their first year but they progressed. The biggest knock against Tyrod IMO is that he simply didn't progress. His strengths and weaknesses remained the same. And that was mental, what experience should have helped him overcome. Let's see if/how fast Allen progresses as he looks like the real deal to me. And to the "haters", most "experts" said he would be among the top 4 QB s picked, so chill out and give the kid a chance.

14 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Drops all over the place.  I am not sure how they'll draft an entire wideout corps next year, but they will need to.

Hopefully they do what Baltimore did: sign the best 3 WR's in free agency that they possibly can.

Worked out well for them.