9-4: Bills Worked Out Paxton Lynch & Ten Other Players Today

26CornerBlitz

22 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Allen progressed quite a bit faster than I thought he would.  I'd like to see him take the reins soon in a 10-15 year reign as the man in Buffalo, but we shall see. 

I was pleased with the talk of Allen's progress.   But I intentionally did not google Palmer's clients though because I assumed it was an awful list.    And then it was presented in an article like they were feathers in his cap.      

46 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Oh for Pete's sake.

Exactly.

Had the Bills cut Peterman fans of 31 other teams would be biting nails at the dreadful thought of their team picking up the guy who had the worst QB'ing performance in modern NFL history.

On 9/3/2018 at 6:26 PM, John from Riverside said:

Let me get this straight....the bills have an opportunity to put a former 1st round pick qb on their PRACTICE squad.....and ppl are complaining about that?

PRACTICE SQUAD

I swear to god some of you would complain about winning the super bowl by a damn point

I'm bored so I thought I'd read this thread.

Great response, John.   Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking.  

2 hours ago, JoeF said:

Are you an ASU fan, Kelly?  You play to win the game! 

I am unfortunately. Great game Saturday. Not too happy with Edwards hire but he definitely had them ready to play. I think it’s one of those total hit or total failure things. 

I lived there 11 years. 

Are you? 

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

yep 605k, which is pretty precedent setting.

I think that is smart for some players. But it will make agents all trying to get bigger deals. 

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I am unfortunately. Great game Saturday. Not too happy with Edwards hire but he definitely had them ready to play. I think it’s one of those total hit or total failure things. 

I lived there 11 years. 

Are you? 

No connection to the school, and have never lived in or around Phoenix/Tempe but always have liked ASU.  I have a friend who is currently in senior administration at the school who has been a mentor to me.  A brilliant guy.  He keeps me up to date.  He loves the Herm hire and has helped him gain some trust with the faculty senate. 

I also know a former Olympic track athlete who graduated from ASU and spent a couple of decades in the athletic department.  Another great guy.  The institution to me is underrated academically.

I loved Herm Edwards as a player and a broadcaster not so much as a coach.  As you probably know, he was a UDFA when the draft was 12 rounds and he was a bit of a malcontent at Cal -- leaving twice due to issues with the coaching staff.  I thought he was one of the more intelligent defensive backs of his era.  He did more with film study and positioning to make up for a lack of speed.  Always impressed me.

13 minutes ago, JoeF said:

No connection to the school, and have never lived in or around Phoenix/Tempe but always have liked ASU.  I have a friend who is currently in senior administration at the school who has been a mentor to me.  A brilliant guy.  He keeps me up to date.  He loves the Herm hire and has helped him gain some trust with the faculty senate. 

I also know a former Olympic track athlete who graduated from ASU and spent a couple of decades in the athletic department.  Another great guy.  The institution to me is underrated academically.

I loved Herm Edwards as a player and a broadcaster not so much as a coach.  As you probably know, he was a UDFA when the draft was 12 rounds and he was a bit of a malcontent at Cal -- leaving twice due to issues with the coaching staff.  I thought he was one of the more intelligent defensive backs of his era.  He did more with film study and positioning to make up for a lack of speed.  Always impressed me.

Cool. Obviously I hope Herm does well. They have some good players. Harry the WR is a first round pick. Should be a great pro. 

They havent been good in forever. 

13 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Remember the season we opened with 2 QBs that had a combined 0 games in EJ and Tuel?

Yep, don’t want to see a repeat of that.  Thad Lewis, where art though?

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Christian Ringo?  I wonder if he’s related to Jim Ringo?

5 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

If they want a third QB, can we please go the veteran route to tutor the young guys? 

Update. Just looked at the FA list. The only guy with NFL starting experience is smokin' Jay Cutler.

Can't put a veteran guy on the Practice Squad, so probably not going that direction.

6 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

If they want a third QB, can we please go the veteran route to tutor the young guys? 

Update. Just looked at the FA list. The only guy with NFL starting experience is smokin' Jay Cutler.

Yeah not many vets available. Plus the 3rd QB may just be signed to PS and they would be ineligible

5 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Yep, don’t want to see a repeat of that.  Thad Lewis, where art though?

Christian Ringo?  I wonder if he’s related to Jim Ringo?

refer to captionimage.jpeg.63e163531ce5710613c6b87807e44408.jpeg

The resemblance is uncanny!!

• Haha (+1) 3

They are working out guys now at certain positions  that lack depth so they don’t have to work them out if they need to sign someone quickly during the season and they are still available. One Qb injury and they need a guy quickly. Same with OL, pass rusher etc.

the snark and overreaction in the media about them working out Lynch was hilarious. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to 9-4: Bills Worked Out Paxton Lynch & Ten Other Players Today

I believe if you sign any players before week 1 their contracts are guaranteed for the year, but after week one they aren't. Not sure if it becomes pro-rated or that can be negotiated for the final 15 games. At this point, no player they brought in would be ready for Baltimore anyway so it is prudent to wait if they want to sign someone.

The player workouts allowed for the team to update the teams emergency list and I don't believe any of the players have signed so any changes can be made quickly, especially if there is an injury vs the Ravens. 

On 9/3/2018 at 5:56 PM, Elite Poster said:

Really makes you question the team's ability to evaluate QBs. This guy was an absolute mess and a lot of people, physically at least, compare him to Allen. 

Ultimately, it really does not matter as he would serve as a PS QB most likely but damn. 

Not really. Beane is doing his job and continuously trying to find ways to improve this team. I love that they are always looking for talent. Just because we bring someone in, doesn't mean we think they are better than what we already have.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Not really. Beane is doing his job and continuously trying to find ways to improve this team. I love that they are always looking for talent. Just because we bring someone in, doesn't mean we think they are better than what we already have.

Seriously - just like the Eagles who not only worked out but signed Christian Hackenberg and played him in the preseason before deciding not to keep him. They should have just assumed he was what he was with the Jets. Nothing. Those hacks can’t evaluate QBs either! Wait...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LLCoolCy said:

I believe if you sign any players before week 1 their contracts are guaranteed for the year, but after week one they aren't. Not sure if it becomes pro-rated or that can be negotiated for the final 15 games. At this point, no player they brought in would be ready for Baltimore anyway so it is prudent to wait if they want to sign someone.

The player workouts allowed for the team to update the teams emergency list and I don't believe any of the players have signed so any changes can be made quickly, especially if there is an injury vs the Ravens. 

IIRC, the guaranteed contact for the year only applies for vets with a certain # of years (I want to say 4 or 5) of experience.